• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lich inside Sweet is probably like a defense mechanism, i hope.

Also, what was it that Lich said? I couldn't catch it. "Before me there was nothing, and before that there was..." ??

TheOGB

Banned
So now that's two cute kids corrupted

Why have like 90% of the children on this show been jerks or something lol

Epcott

Oh man, I felt bad for Sweet P, but it felt so good to see King of Ooo lose it and rub dirt in his eyes. I imagine The Litch being nightmare fuel for many kids who watch the show, lol!

Side note, I hope Magic Man redeems himself and becomes the new ruler or Mars.

Edit: Is the same kid who voices Catbug the voice of Sweet P?

IronRinn

Thanks! So, maybe Lich is the embodiment or offspring off those monsters...

I have to find a transcript of the whole speech. I think it was a bit more involved than that. I also wonder if the monsters are the "ancients" he refers to in Escape From the Citadel?

Edit: In full:

Stop.

I have learned much from you. Thank you, my teachers. And now for your education...

Before there was time, before there was anything... there was nothing. And before there was nothing... there were monsters.

Here's your gold star!

zeemumu

I thought this was going to be a Pinnochio story for a moment, then shit got real.

If you think about it, it still kind of is. Naive kid get lured away from school by two con artists who use him to make money until he is ultimately saved by a supernatural force and returns home.

Firehead

Lich's monologues are simply spine chilling. So cold and empty; so very powerful and resonating.

The Lich still lives. Rather, the Lich simply is.

Gold star.

Finally, I was getting tired of people saying that the lich was perma-defeated. He's not that easy to get rid of. I wonder when he'll come back 100%

Tuck

"Before there was time... Before there was anything....

There were monsters."

Fucking perfect delivery.

Damn, did I double post again? Shit I'll be more careful.

daveo42

Banned
Definitely not the episode I was expecting, but pretty awesome way to tie things back to the beginning of the season. Completely forgot about Sweet P being
The Lich
, but it is really nice to have him back.

As for The Visitor,
I wonder if Martin is going to have a role to play in reawakening The Lich as part of the 1000 year comet prophecy wiz biz.

Lelcar

I adore Adventure Time, but the last episode I watched was Everything's Jake, so I've been catching up on the most recent episodes in reverse order. I just got to Evergreen and holy shit that episode was so satisfying from a plot/lore standpoint, less so for jokes, but I love any episode centered around advancing the mythology.

Man, the Lich's speeches are so crazy, I wonder how younger viewers take those scenes.

zeemumu

I adore Adventure Time, but the last episode I watched was Everything's Jake, so I've been catching up on the most recent episodes in reverse order. I just got to Evergreen and holy shit that episode was so satisfying from a plot/lore standpoint, less so for jokes, but I love any episode centered around advancing the mythology.

Man, the Lich's speeches are so crazy, I wonder how younger viewers take those scenes.

Similar to the way we reacted to "I'M NOT TOMMY!" when we were kids.

Hamlet

New episode got released early again(South Korea this time). So watch out for spoilers.

Aren't we getting close to the end of the season?

Not quite sure how many episodes there are this season. If they're sticking with the 52 episodes a season like the previous one, then we've still got a while to go.

Crispy75

New episode got released early again(South Korea this time). So watch out for spoilers.

Not quite sure how many episodes there are this season. If they're sticking with the 52 episodes a season like the previous one, then we've still got a while to go.

It's unknown how many episodes we'll get. Between 26 and 52 according to Adam Muto.

TheOGB

Banned
Hmm, so that really wasn't the usual comet then... Interested in seeing where that thread goes now.

Martin continues to be a huge dick, but that backstory...

IronRinn

Hmm, so that really wasn't the usual comet then...? Interested in seeing where that thread goes now.

Martin continues to be a huge dick, but that backstory tho...

Yeah, but how much of it was true? Might explain Finn's fear of the ocean though.

What if Martin is older Finn
Boom
Twist, that's why Finn was holding a baby version of himself

Well martin did say Finn was born on a boat , and Finn was in the water in his dream, if Finn died in the sea then I'll be so disappointed

IronRinn

What if Martin is older Finn
Boom
Twist, that's why Finn was holding a baby version of himself

Well martin did say Finn was born on a boat , and Finn was in the water in his dream, if Finn died in the sea then I'll be so disappointed

And Finn and Martin both take the time to say "That's true."

TheOGB

Banned
I didn't even make all those connections between the story and the dream (and the ocean)

I wonder when we're gonna see Susan Strong and the fishy folks again

Tuck

Sort of insane how we're getting so much story driven stuff in quick succession. In earlier seasons, they'd have introduced the comet and an entire season would go by before we saw it again.

Really wonder if that story was true or had truths in it.

Lol Martin is such an asshole. It's great though seeing how he always disappoints Finn which in turn causes Finn to be the better person.

In the flashback though, it looked like there was another baby holding Finn? It wasn't human though and its head kind of looked like the hat he always wears.

Also in the dream the comet looked like sperm in a way so I wonder if something is going to be born in the ocean?

Hamlet

Pretty good episode and some very interesting stuff shown off. Not quite sure yet what to make of the stories shown today. Martin still proving to be a big disappointment for Finn and all around asshole ha. Still wonder if they're going to try and redeem him at some point.
Lot of great faces from Finn in the episode and rightly so at what Martin was doing. Really cute how Finn pretty much ended up adopting those villagers at the end. Jake better agree to letting them live with them as they are so adorable.

daveo42

Banned
Man, Finn has some really messed up dreams. Wonder what the true deal with the comet is then and how much truth there is to Martin's story about young Finn.

Martin's a dick. What's his deal?

Oh hey, synopsii for "Dark Purple" and "The Diary". I was wondering when she'd come back.

original

Good god has it been a long time since we saw some Susan Strong.

Surprised no one mentioned how seaweed Finn looked like the ghostlady/his mom he's always haunted by which hints at her fate and how it may tie all of those threads together.

Servbot24

Banned
Susan Strong is kinda lame tbh :p

Decent episode, I like Martin as a character pretty well but haven't really had a payoff with him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom