• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psxphile

Promo pic:
tumblr_njj8uxeGi91sr0k7ao1_540.jpg

Jesse Moynihan said:
This Thurs at 7:30 is an episode I boarded with Sam Alden. You’re probably familiar with Sam’s comics. They’re great!

I haven’t worked on a Lemongrab episode since “You Made Me” I think? I’m pretty sure that was the last one. Uhh… I don’t know. Wait, did “Mystery Dungeon” come after that? I guess I could look it up but I’m not going to. Anyway, it’s been a while. During that time Tom and Steve took over the Lemongrab story and turned it into a really epic and dark arc, which climaxed with the Lemonhope two part meditation on duty and self actualization. It was probably meditating on more than that, but you’d have to ask Tom and Steve to get the real scoop. Or wait for the commentaries on the DVD whenever that comes out.

After that, it seemed to me like there was maybe nothing left to say about Lemongrab, but I had one of those late night inspirations while trying to fall asleep. I usually get my ideas right before I fall asleep or while I’m riding my bike. What’s up with Lemongrab after he blew up and was sewn back together? What keeps a person from finding peace?

this_is_heavy_doc.gif

Lelcar

Lemongrab is incredible. I am always rolling whenever a Lemongrab episode happens. Shouts out to Justin Roiland, the voice of Lemongrab, who is also the voice of Morty and Rick from Rick and Morty.

Crispy75

Lemongrab is incredible. I am always rolling whenever a Lemongrab episode happens. Shouts out to Justin Roiland, the voice of Lemongrab, who is also the voice of Morty and Rick from Rick and Morty.

Apparently, nobody had any idea quite how insane he was going to sound. Justin went into the booth to record his first line "This castle... is... in... an.. UNACCEPTABLE! CONDITION!" and it knocked them for six. They knew Lemongrab was going to be a bit strange, but not *that* strange. (source: art of ooo)

Epcott

Don't forget Blendin Blandin from Gravity Falls!

I thought the Lemonhope arc basically concluded Lemongrab's story, but its good to see there's more.

I finally caught up on this show. I watched the first couple of seasons years ago, and just spent the last month or so marathoning the rest.

I love how deep into the 'main' story this season has started to get, it's gonna be hard waiting for each ep now.

Lelcar

I used to like Tree Trunks, specifically season one Tree Trunks and the first episode she has her first major appearance is one of my favourites. But yeah, I have not liked that character since then.

IronRinn

That was about a weird as expected. Some great lines in that one, too.

"But you, young adolescent, you have way cray beeswax."

Hamlet

Pretty weird episode, though that is to be expected with any episode involving Lemongrab. Really liked the scene where tiny Finn was running up his own arm. "Careful with those metaphors bro!" love it Finn.

I'm confused.

Like, did Lemongrab do something good or evil by destroying Matthew?

Why did Flame Princess and Jake show up in Finn's choices but not Princess Bubblegum?

What actually happened in this episode?

Servbot24

Banned
Lemongrab is objectively the best.

Tree Trunks is objectively the worst.

#TruthFact

Tree Trunks is awesome

Lemongrab would be the best were it not for B-MO

Also I loved that episode! I don't like it when this show is too plotty, I like that craziness.

Lelcar

"Goodbye from my grease body into the blackness, where only my pure essence can go."

It's no Royal Tart Toter, but I'll take it.

Birbo

Ugh, Lemongrab is horrible. I get the Tree Trunks hate at this point; liked her early on, but now she's annoying. But Lemongrab? The worst.

Maybe the show just isn't fully jiving with me anymore. I used to like the quirkiness, but lately I feel they're just doing some weird stuff for the sake of being weird.

This season does not give a fuck about anything. The writers are just making what they want and it's great.

It's hard to imagine a 6 years old kid watching a random episode from season 6 on CN and understanding what's happening.

vypek

I only liked lemongrab in his premiere episode. After that, I've come to dislike his episodes. Just don't like the character anymore.

I've found myself trying to analyze some of these episodes wondering if they have hidden stuff that means something but I'm probably starting to overthink this stuff.

Crispy75

This season does not give a fuck about anything. The writers are just making what they want and it's great.

Jesse Moynihan on the direction AT is going: http://jessemoynihan.com/?p=2361

In my mind, the thing I really wanted to get away from, was the complete narrative handholding that embodies not only kids television, but almost all television: The ideology that demands we understand at all times what the character feels, what the conflict is, how exactly the audience should feel, and maybe the moral message.

So we started moving away from that in Season 5. That’s how I see it anyway. More nuanced, and ambiguous with varying levels of success and not-quite-success. All the same, I find it really exciting; that we often deal with difficult thematic ideas and then tiptoe around telling the audience how to feel about it.

Sou Da

Jmoyns always does weird episodes, this episode in particular was all about Lemongrab accepting himself as one whole person instead of trying to escape that.

So Lemongrab destroys humanity's chance for resurrection after the disaster/comet/lich's re-birth for no reason whatsoever

I told you he was the worst character!

:)

Idk about that, why would he have a tablet of this prophecy of him destroying Mathew, to me it's just a small event in the bigger picture. What if it was suppose to happen?

Tuck

Hmm very interesting, I wonder how many episodes it will be and how it will be distributed (i.e will all the episodes be released at once?).

daveo42

Banned
Last week's episode was a bit weird, but it cements that Lemongrab is an awesome, but unchangeable character only interested in his own ideals and proliferation. He may have also donk'd things up for the world.

I'm usually excited about new episodes, but I'm insanely hyped for this one. Love me some Susan Strong. It's been far too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom