• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

OrionX

That is totally her! The Goddess is back! O:
I think we need a new thread, ASAP!

Hmmmm

CwPPV0AUEAAdW1r.jpg

There's something about this NPC...

Oh my, looks like that crossover story I wrote in another thread's coming true. I would quote it, but I don't think the world is ready to hear it again. ;)

I was all ready to roll my eyes and move on, but, seriously, that REALLY looks like Lightning, and like what she'd wear now that she's a fashion plate instead of a soldier.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
She has an interesting tattoo or an interesting print on her stocking. Looks leviathan or dragon like. Maybe she's Lightning and Leviathan!

Koozek

Final Fantasy XV - Saving a Cat in Final Fantasy 15
- We go fishing in Final Fantasy 15 to save a cat from hunger.

Paging dragonzdogma, as I remembered them asking, lol.
Kinda of goof troop question here,
but uh, are the any animals like cats or dogs in FFXV
has anyone spotted any animals that are actually in the streets roaming around or that you can pet.

you know what , I love when RPGs allow you to talk to animals - such a cool feature (granted you have the right item)

Mailbox

edit: Break a leg, Falk!! :3

Why is the arrow pointing from the NPC to her right? Am I missing something significant about that character?

People seem to think the character that is being pointed too looks like
the goddess
lightning.

I assume this is just a similar case of when people started to think Stella looked like lightning some time ago.
-_-

That being said, very weird how some characters in that image are drawn and some are 3d renders. Doesn't seem to indicate story importance either since characters like Gentiana are rendered, but someone like Dino is drawn.

Ooh, I didn't notice that. Looks kinda dragon-like. Yep, I bet it is Aranea.

Aranea only has one leg If I'm not mistaken,
her other "Leg" is part of her weapon/lance
Or was that versus or am I making up stuff?

Awesome, I remember playing with the virtual cats in Legend of zelda TP
couldn't be happier :D seeing them in FFXV

Koozek

There's no reward for playing ED in the final game right?
Nah, but for the Platinum Demo (Carbuncle summon).

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I thought you'd get the Carbuncle summon as a reward, but apparently it's only the ability to rename it for the final game as Akirra below said.

Cheers, think I already named it Carbuncle. Canon innit.

Have Square said anything about the Platinum Demo since releasing it? Get the impression that it had a negative impact if anything, though I appreciated it as a weather effects tech demo :p

Falk

that puzzling face
ive been found out

edit: FWIW this is a ticketed/closed industry event similar to GDC so not streamed. I'm also not sure if the presentations will ever make it online like GDC, though.

edit2:

That's sick Falk!,
Can you confirm if Wan Hazmer's cabbie cap can be removed or is part of he's being?
Could this be the reason why we cant unequip Noctis alt costume hat?

waT

Some of the NPCs and characters:

Source.

Judging by the art style, I guess that means that Iris was a design of Ferrari's? The NPC art is so gooooooooood. Is it Matsuzawa's art? I can't tell if it's his, or someone else's entirely! In a lot of games, the main cast generally has stronger designs, but for FFXV, there's some utterly gorgeous designs for the NPCs.

I hope Square sells an FFXV artbook soon after release, otherwise I might be tempted to buy the artbook from the UE at some exorbitant price off Ebay. The background art that has come out in the last fortnight has been incredible.

Hmmmm

CwPPV0AUEAAdW1r.jpg

There's something about this NPC...

Ha, Lightning must have gotten tired of the bubblegum pink hair and gone back to her blonde Kamikokuryo's look. Fantastic outfit, whoever it is. I wish Luna had an outfit that was similar, I honestly thought her oracle outfit was her wedding dress until we saw her actual wedding dress! Her Kingsglaive designs were gorgeous, though.

Koozek

Judging by the art style, I guess that means that Iris was a design of Ferrari's? The NPC art is so gooooooooood. Is it Matsuzawa's art? I can't tell if it's his, or someone else's entirely! In a lot of games, the main cast generally has stronger designs, but for FFXV, there's some utterly gorgeous designs for the NPCs.

I hope Square sells an FFXV artbook soon after release, otherwise I might be tempted to buy the artbook from the UE at some exorbitant price off Ebay. The background art that has come out in the last fortnight has been incredible.
We know for a while that Ferrari designed Iris (trying to "emulate" Nomura, IIRC):
Roberto Ferrari confirmed it on his FB site a few weeks ago:
https://www.facebook.com/RobertoFerrariArt/posts/1185171138221909

Tyaren

Guess who has a new desktop background? :D

They finally released a high res version (3200x1800) of the FFXV cover art:

header-bg.jpg

DrBretto

Banned
I swear some of you out there must secretly love Lightning or something if you keep seeing her in everyone, lol.

I don't see it. Like at all. I couldn't even tell who you guys thought it was until someone spelled it out. I guess if I squint, kinda. It looks closer to her than Arena does at least, but it's like some of you don't see the face at all. Just hair and body.

Koozek

I swear some of you out there must secretly love Lightning or something if you keep seeing her in everyone, lol.

I don't see it. Like at all. I couldn't even tell who you guys thought it was until someone spelled it out. I guess if I squint, kinda. It looks closer to her than Arena does at least, but it's like some of you don't see the face at all. Just hair and body.
Lightning haters like you are so annoying. She's one of gaming's most iconic figures and the face of a whole new generation of Final Fantasy games. The success proves her right. Just deal with it.

IcySharpHartebeest.gif

Top Bottom