• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Koozek

Got the 29th off but that's it.

Hard to take a whole week off to play a game when you're married and shit. The wife wants to like...take vacation together. The hell is that about?
Divorce her and get back together 2 weeks later. Problem solved. Thank me later.

Got the 29th off but that's it.

Hard to take a whole week off to play a game when you're married and shit. The wife wants to like...take vacation together. The hell is that about?
Ah it's pretty easy you gotta negotiate but to be fair my wife is a gamer so tick for tat I get off here she gets off for Persona 5

Koozek

See you November 30th!
12ZDIx1Mw1cXVm.gif

Haven't been keeping up with FFXV news. What's the current word on the Pro patch?

At launch, sometime after launch?

I finally bit the bullet and preordered the Pro. FFXV is one of the big games I want to go along with it.

Haven't been keeping up with FFXV news. What's the current word on the Pro patch?

I finally bit the bullet and preordered the Pro. FFXV is one of the big games I want to go along with it.

Still slated to be at launch, though there was some unclear statements that make it sound like they might be making a more substantial Pro patch after launch. So mostly, we don't know.

I expect it to be clarified during the event a week before launch.

Pro-compatible at launch with some enhanced visuals and stuff but don't expect a colossal difference.

Speculation is there will be a big FFXV pro patch by the end of the year, though (I think?).

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...id=794132350254727168&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

In addition to the titles listed above, more than 45 games will be optimised for PS4 Pro by the end of the year, including Watch Dogs 2, Killing Floor 2, The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV, with the likes of Nioh, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and For Honor to follow in early 2017.

One of the perks of working as a part time translator is the fact that you can take time off when you need it :)

Also, if you guys want to re-experience the pain of waiting for a title for years, then we at DMC community welcome you with open arms. Soon, we'll reach the ninth year milestone of waiting for DMC5's announcement!
XII is my favorite one, so I might be a bit biased, but yeah, it's wonderful. The Zodiac Age version is an improvement over the original in every way, too.
If you wait for the Zodiac Age, you won't be disappointed. Definitely one of the best.
Zodiac Age is the PS4 version, right? If so, then that's the version I plan to play. Hope it's a good remaster.

8 is amazing, I loved the characters and summons, music, world and laguna portions. Was my first final fantasy and still love it to this day.

Give it a go you might enjoy it aswell.
I wanna say that I will but the fact is that I don't have as much tolerance towards older games, as I want to.

One of the perks of working as a part time translator is the fact that you can take time off when you need it :)

Also, if you guys want to experience excruciating pain of waiting for a title for years, then we at DMC community welcome you with open arms. Soon, we'll reach the ninth year milestone of waiting for DMC5's announcement!

Zodiac Age is the PS4 version, right? If so, then that's the version I plan to play. Hope it's a good remaster.

Yeah. It incorporates a bunch of changes from the International Zodiac Job System version (previously only available in Japanese, or via emulation w/ patch) along with upgrades for the remaster.

Neiteio

I saw Jeremy Parish's fourth travel diary, but are there any other recent press impressions of the game? It's looking so good!

Gbraga

I'm almost sure I can take the 29th off, but only that, so I guess I'll be around in the OT all day long while I pretend I'm working and keep staring at the clock until I can get back home and play some more. :'(

I always intend to be involved in OTs, but they move so quickly I get left behind :(

That's me as well, though.

I'm usually a lot more active in hype threads/LTTPs than OTs.

Yeah. It incorporates a bunch of changes from the International Zodiac Job System version (previously only available in Japanese, or via emulation w/ patch) along with upgrades for the remaster.

That sounds good. I love it when remasters actually improve on the game itself and not only its visuals.

I saw Jeremy Parish's fourth travel diary, but are there any other recent press impressions of the game? It's looking so good!

See the OP.

Man, I've wanted to be enchanted by this game for so long.

I've held onto my UCE order. Got charged for it a few days go. Trying to decide if I should sell it, and make a tidy profit or just revel in XV. I want the game to bring me back to Final Fantasy. Last one I really enjoyed was Lightning Returns, and that's 99% for the same reasons listed earlier in the thread.

I've been following ya'll from the shadows for some time. The previews have been absolutely glowing but I'm still slightly skeptical. I'm expecting to be burned.

That bit from Kotaku regarding the frame rate still being jittery is worrying -- especially since we don't know what sort of improvements to expect from the Pro version. I'm generally not a frame rate person, but between the Plat demo and ED, good lord.

Koozek

I've held onto my UCE order. Got charged for it a few days go. Trying to decide if I should sell it, and make a tidy profit or just revel in XV. I want the game to bring me back to Final Fantasy. Last one I really enjoyed was Lightning Returns, and that's 99% for the same reasons listed earlier in the thread.

I've been following ya'll from the shadows for some time. The previews have been absolutely glowing but I'm still slightly skeptical. I'm expecting to be burned.

That bit from Kotaku regarding the frame rate still being jittery is worrying -- especially since we don't know what sort of improvements to expect from the Pro version. I'm generally not a frame rate person, but between the Plat demo and ED, good lord.
If it was really that bad, we would've heard about it more often in previews, I think. It seems to be mostly smooth with a few drops here and there. Kotaku's Jason said it was "significantly better" than the demos and others who played it recently shared the same sentiment:

- Kotaku:
Jason Schreier said:

- Spanish previews:
So there seems to be a lot of praise in this for he visuals, as there was in the other spanish media outlet video - Vandals. Basically that they expected the PS4 to tank when there was a lot of action on screen and the fps stayed solid.

The sense of scale in this game is something else. In terms of rpgs, it is the best I have seen.
It was pretty much a 100% positive impressions, he also said that the last time he played the game he was worried because the game looked rather mediocre. Now, acording to him, the graphics are awesome, the framerate is completely stable (though I think I've seen some minor framedrops in the video) and combat has improven greatly. He repeated a lot of times how fun the combat is now, and that he didn't feel bored once while he played, because how fun the combat is.

Also, Vandal is one of the most trustable gaming sites here in Spain for me, so if they say the game has improven greatly (which can be easily seen anyway) I trust them.

German previews:
At the 5m mark he mentions a stable 30 fps framerate with only few slowdowns.

Hopefully it'll be even smoother at launch. They still have a few weeks to go for a day-one patch.

Sagely

I think I won't be in the OT or anywhere near FFXV threads while playing. Want to experience everything blindly.

I'll pop in to celebrate that we have a xv Ot but yea most might move at a faster pace so I'll be away for awhile from the thread
Definitely understandable. I do like OTs myself but I imagine this one will move fast and be difficult to keep up with. When I'm unable to play I see myself lurking in it as much as possible, but will bolt when people start getting close to the end and discussing late-game stuff.

Mailbox

So do we known when the review embargo is/ when reviewers get review copies? This gen I've been relatively hyped for a few things and after reviews and impressions come in I tend to decide to wait and then pretty much either never buy or never play the game as they take the wind out of my sails. I really don't want that to happen here, so I'll be gone from gaf for about a week or 2 when embargo breaks until I at least beat the main story.

The shitty thing is, I have finals real close to release, so idk if I can play all that much before early-mid December :(

Rappy

To those worried about the frame rate, just watch the hours of direct capture gameplay vids of the latest preview build and see for yourself. Of course, feeling it is much more effective in determining how big an issue it is, but you should still be able to get an idea of how it is if you really are that frame rate sensitive (I like to think I am). I'll be hoping for the Pro version to be completely stable, but normal version does not seem like it has big frame rate issues (for a console anyway).

And context matters. The video this person is likely referring to is footage spliced into podcast/live person interview https://youtu.be/5NwEYujEqdU, and no way someone should even be asking the exact same thing if they were referring to even the horribly compressed Gamespot gameplay videos. I guess it doesn't help that Schreier's response was pretty vague also (like you couldn't say when these hitches occurred even in a general sense besides camera movement? i.e. tons of enemies on screen, water areas, etc).

OrionX

Seriously, what are we going to do after the game comes out?

Well, first I'll shed a few manly tears.

Once my hands are done shaking, I'll put the game in my PS4.

Then, I'll probably stare blankly at the menu screen for about 30 minutes, letting the beautiful music wash over me as I question my place in the universe, the meaning of life, etc.

Eventually, I'll get around to playing it. I'll probably take my time and stretch out the experience as much as possible, exploring everything it has to offer.

Then, whether my opinion of the game is positive or negative, there will be tears again.

Finally, when the dust has settled, I'll come back to GAF, shout about my experience for all to hear, and begin asking for news about VII-R and XVI. :p

Cubs win the World Series...
FFVII is being remade...
FFXV and The Last Guardian are coming out in the next month...
McDonalds is making a McRib breakfast sandwich...

This isn't real life.
This is a fantasy based on a fantasy.

DrBretto

Banned
FFVII is being remade...

This isn't real life.

WHAT!?

And don't get me started on the Cubs. I'm glad they won, but I'm EXHAUSTED and I blame Aroldis Chapman for blowing the save and making me stay up past 1am.

Ray Down

Banned
FFVII is being remade...

This isn't real life.

And KH3 still isn't out yet. \S

Wish the McRib one was real.

FFVII is being remade...

This isn't real life.

Yup, I don't even know what this timeline is...it's like someone said "take all the crap that we all thought was impossible to ever see actually happen...and make it all happen."

Gbraga

It really is crazy that Kingdom Hearts III is still not out yet. Not because of the development time, just because of what you'd expect after Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep. They sure took their time.

FFVII is being remade...

This isn't real life.

I have no idea what any of the non-gaming things are.

Well, I know what McDonalds is.

It really is crazy that Kingdom Hearts III is still not out yet. Not because of the development time, just because of what you'd expect after Kingdom Hearts II and Birth by Sleep. They sure took their time.

I have no idea what any of the non-gaming things are.

Well, I know what McDonalds is.

The Cubs won the World Series (baseball) last night....first time in 108 years. In the sports world that's like an insanely absurd amount of time for a franchise to go without winning a title.

DrBretto

Banned
The Cubs won the World Series (baseball) last night....first time in 108 years. In the sports world that's like an insanely absurd amount of time for a franchise to go without winning a title.

As a Red Sox fan (we went 86 years and won it back in 2004), I am very happy for the Cubs fans.

We've had previews from all over the world,

I'm surprised there are 0 from Hong Kong or China.

Also, I'm sorry I don't mean to be mean to whoever edited this video but
I don't think mixing the emotional music and put "HD" gifs as videos conveys the emotion he was trying to achieve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK3wPahLbEk
Noctis Unseen Moment - Final Fantasy XV ^

Top Bottom