• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Go_Ly_Dow

Hwdc.jpg

Ewdc.jpg

Dwdc.jpg

Fwdc.jpg

Why they ever captured and release screens like this for promotional purposes (once upon a time) is beyond me.

Final-Fantasy-XV-2-1280x720.jpg

The screengrabs above looks like a generation ahead of their own captures back in June.

Koozek

I want to see PS Pro footage... come on already! :D
You're probably asking for new direct-feed footage, but in case you missed it, there were a few seconds from the Pro reveal montage last month:
ZaIba1L.gif

Though, this probably isn't representative much, as they most likely haven't optimized it completely yet. I don't even think it looks that much better than what we have now on the OG PS4.

Gbraga

Also, I knew that there would be some temporary damage/tattered effects on your own team if caught in magic attacks, but I never realized till now that if it applied to enemies. In one part of the vid the mindflayer and all his clothing parts were charred to a crisp.

Another nitpick:
645575d6fe.jpg

Why did they change the rating names and rankings in the Western versions!? I always wondered what "Stealth" actually meant, but now I see it means back attacks. Which also the most recent build (BGW offscreen demo) has shown a "star" symbol instead of a letter grade. But maybe there's a limit break for the grading system as you progress so maybe it's not a newer build.

Fuuuuuck. This makes A LOT more sense.

They're really changing stuff just so the localization team has something to do, aren't they?

You're probably asking for new direct-feed footage, but in case you missed it, there were a few seconds from the Pro reveal montage last month:
ZaIba1L.gif

Though, this probably isn't representative much, as they most likely haven't optimized it completely yet. I don't even think it looks that much better than what we have now on the OG PS4.

this glimpse looks incredible on a 4k tv

SPAW

Why they ever captured and release screens like this for promotional purposes (once upon a time) is beyond me.

Final-Fantasy-XV-2-1280x720.jpg

The screengrabs above looks like a generation ahead of their own captures back in June.

Jesus.... In hindsight we really have to ask "what were they thinking" releasing stuff like that to the public????

valkyre

Those few seconds worth of PS Pro gameplay aint telling us much. I want a proper gameplay video, hopefully from the same location in Leide that the PS4 previews are.

The console is being released in 3 weeks and yet we have very little idea about the improvements we will actually get.

I dont have a 4K screen and I dont intent to buy one yet, so in my case it will depend on what other improvements are in the Pro version apart from the resolution.

If the game has considerable improvements in 1080p compared to PS4 then I will seriously consider buying a Pro.

Koozek

Those few seconds worth of PS Pro gameplay aint telling us much. I want a proper gameplay video, hopefully from the same location in Leide that the PS4 previews are.

The console is being released in 3 weeks and yet we have very little idea about the improvements we will actually get.

I dont have a 4K screen and I dont intent to buy one yet, so in my case it will depend on what other improvements are in the Pro version apart from the resolution.

If the game has considerable improvements in 1080p compared to PS4 then I will seriously consider buying a Pro.
Yeah, my decision between a Slim (if it's on sale for 200€ again in the next weeks) and Pro hinges on this too. If it's not that big an improvement I'm gonna save the extra money towards the Switch.

martino

Lot of french site but no gamekult... Surely they didn't had access to the game...a shame because they speak their mind and feel less sponsorized content than rest of the press

I don't know if any of you guys have posted this already, but I will post a link to a video featuring
red and purple
bombs fight gameplays, naga, that TChullu mage, some HobGobelins (more beefed up version of gobelins) and more, but that seemed new to me :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frx4B49j1y4

Came here to post this video. Some interesting things.

Some things to note in this video:

1. Armiger (glitch?) at 12:50. We even see for a second the really cool Armiger warp-strike attack we saw in Duscae
  2. The cave/dungeon from Duscae looks like it made it to the final game. Different enemies and a "boss" fight towards the end. Thunder bombs look freakin' cool.
  3. Frog status...Noctis actually turns into a frog
  4. Ramuh summon/Niflehiem base raid footage. You can see a few seconds of controlling a turret/cannon.
  5. Additional skill trees seen...Armiger has its own skill tree it looks like.

Came here to post this video. Some interesting things.

Some things to note in this video:

1. Armiger (glitch?) at 12:50. We even see for a second the really cool Armiger warp-strike attack we saw in Duscae
  2. The cave/dungeon from Duscae looks like it made it to the final game. Different enemies and a "boss" fight towards the end. Thunder bombs look freakin' cool.
  3. Frog status...Noctis actually turns into a frog
  4. Ramuh summon/Niflehiem base raid footage. You can see a few seconds of controlling a turret/cannon.
  5. Additional skill trees seen...Armiger has its own skill tree it looks like.

About Arminger, how does it work this time around ? It seems you had no control over who to attack, it just activates, target nearby enemies and attack automatically around until the gauge is depleted.

About Arminger, how does it work this time around ? It seems you had no control over who to attack, it just activates, target nearby enemies and attack automatically around until the gauge is depleted.

I am curious about this myself. There is some level of control in that you can target a specific enemy and do warp strikes/attacks. It looks like if you lock on it will focus on that target but if not it will just do what we see sometimes and move from one enemy to the next. Won't know for sure until we try it out ourselves I guess.

ZaIba1L.gif

Seen this gif a million times now but never thought to ask; do we have anyway to determine what the actual framerate of that footage is? I would sure love it if the PS4P 1080P version was minimal visual effects changes and a locked 60.

I would be so happy.

Lol, what does it say?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/58m27d/translated_highlights_of_famitsu_video/

Quest title: Revelation of the Thunder God
Description: Touch the last monument in cave Faoshio(or whatever its english equivalent is)
20:27~ Naga
"My child..."
26:57~ Naga
Prompto: It's here! That's the one I've been talking about! Go, Noct!
Noctis: Take care of your own business, man.
Naga: Have you seen...My child...?
Choice A: Why don't you tell her yes?
Choice B: Nope, don't recall (selected)
Naga: Then...I shall make you my child...
27:19~28:54 Battle banter
Prompto: Nope! Can't do this!
Noctis: Stop whining.
(Ignis and Prompto get turned into frogs)
Gladio: You see that? Prompto's been turned into a frog.
Noctis: What the hell?
(Ignis gets un-frogified)
Noctis: Welcome back, our amphibian tactician.
Ignis: ...please just focus on the battle.
Ignis: Gladio's been turned into a frog...not good.
Noctis: What an annoying ability.
Ignis: You alright?
Noctis: Sorta.
(Noctis gets turned into a frog)
Gladio: You sure you got time for that?
(Prompto finally gets un-frogified)
Prompto: I owe you one! Would've preferred less frog time though!
Gladio: Stop whining.
Prompto: Gladio, you really aren't a healer, are y- Nothing!
Gladio: It's not going to last much longer.
28:57~ Naga defeated
Naga: ....give back...my child...
Ignis: What was that about?
Noctis: No idea.
Gladio: She was saying something about her child.
Prompto: Don't wanna run into any more of their kind!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXV/comments/58m27d/translated_highlights_of_famitsu_video/

Description: Touch the last monument in cave Faoshio(or whatever its english equivalent is)
"My child..."

Awww that's so sad at the same time, I'm sure it was a side quest if we had found her child somehow we could have avoid the fight ?

Koozek

"My child..."
I see, thanks! Wonder what's up with the child it talks about.

I see, thanks! Wonder what's up with the child it talks about.

I almost wanna say her "child" might be a toad. She said "fine, I'll make you my child then" and then proceeded to turn them all into toads lol.

We did see another clip of Noctis trying to catch a toad somewhere (forgot where that was exactly). Maybe if you do that before entering that cave and bring her "child" you get something?

Awww that's so sad at the same time, I'm sure it was a side quest if we had found her child somehow we could have avoid the fight ?

I'm guessing
Niflheim took her child to use as weapon. If Kingsglaive is anything to go by, they have the knack in using monsters(aside from Magitek) to battle their enemies.

Those punching monsters look cool.

Koozek

What's the best video to watch of the new previews? Preferably long and with English commentary
The Polygon one is 60min, but no commentary. The GameSpot and IGN ones are <10min with commentary (not the kind of live commentary while playing, though, in case you meant that).

Also, I knew that there would be some temporary damage/tattered effects on your own team if caught in magic attacks, but I never realized till now that if it applied to enemies. In one part of the vid the mindflayer and all his clothing parts were charred to a crisp.

Another nitpick:
645575d6fe.jpg

Why did they change the rating names and rankings in the Western versions!? I always wondered what "Stealth" actually meant, but now I see it means back attacks. Which also the most recent build (BGW offscreen demo) has shown a "star" symbol instead of a letter grade. But maybe there's a limit break for the grading system as you progress so maybe it's not a newer build.

Well that explains one of the things that has been puzzling me. I have no idea why that would have been changed. The original isn't some weird terminology or anything.

Koozek

I almost wanna say her "child" might be a toad. She said "fine, I'll make you my child then" and then proceeded to turn them all into toads lol.

We did see another clip of Noctis trying to catch a toad somewhere (forgot where that was exactly). Maybe if you do that before entering that cave and bring her "child" you get something?
That was part of the sidequest from the woman at the gas station:
https://youtu.be/VeE6wKMr9I0?t=19m38s

MilkBeard

Cool watching the Japanese video with new monsters and the Duscae cave. I'm trying not to watch too much because I want to discover the differences myself from the demo.

The Polygon one is 60min, but no commentary. The GameSpot and IGN ones are <10min with commentary (not the kind of live commentary while playing, though, in case you meant that).

:(

Thanks anyway, there's a Japanese one that's 4 hours long on YT :p

Should probably stop overindulging in these long videos anyway, game's only 5 and a half weeks away

Only 5 and a half weeks

Nearly 6 weeks

4f39b624995f228cae48fb7d589f3b10_100_100.png

@Nauren, that vid is from the Chapter 1 previews iirc, been checking EG's videos to look for any new FFXV ones :p

Koozek

Should probably stop overindulging in these long videos anyway, game's only 5 and a half weeks away

Only 5 and a half weeks

Nearly 6 weeks

@Nauren, that vid is from the Chapter 1 previews iirc, been checking EG's videos to look for any new FFXV ones :p
O0K6h1b.gif

Socivol

Only 5 and a half weeks

Nearly 6 weeks

Do you have a link to this one? I haven't seen a 4 hour version.

Top Bottom