• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

OrionX

rvdc.png

svdc.png

Jeuxfrance vid

*cue dramatic villain entrance music*

giphy.gif

Koozek

Koozek,
is the OP updated with all the latest previews and links, including some of the french videos I'm hearing about?

I finally have some time today to check these videos out, I would really appreciate it if the OP had all, I don't want to miss any of them.

Too lazy and tired to add everything, right now, BUT I've made an exception for you and added the 3 French videos I know about :p I will only look for English stuff myself. Tbh, I'm kinda oversaturated now with these previews. If someone else wants to compile new ones in any language in the next few days into one post, go ahead and I might add it to the OP.

Wow, I wasn't expecting such positive previews. Hopefully I frel just as positive when playing it myself cause the demoes have me cautiously looking forward to the game.

valkyre

Guys is it just me or are all optional conversations shown in these presentations (from both main and side quests) pretty much... irrelevant/pointless?

I mean whatever response you choose the outcome is exactly the same, pretty much down to the spoken dialogue.

For example in the side quest with the guy in the shack whatever you choose it simply doesnt matter at all. There is even an option "Discuss it with my friends" (or something along these lines) and you get the impression that this option is about refusing to complete the quest. Yet the response from the quest guy is like you cant wait to do what he asks.

Also when talking to Cindy you have the option to ask for a loan among other things and it simply doesnt matter at all.

I hope that this is not the case with all optional conversation in the game, because frankly it is stupid and pointless. I have no problem with RPGs that do not offer dialogue options and wheels, I certainly do have a problem if you are offering me choices that simply have no impact at all... its completely pointless.

Tyaren

Guys is it just me or are all optional conversations shown in these presentations (from both main and side quests) pretty much... irrelevant/pointless?

I mean whatever response you choose the outcome is exactly the same, pretty much down to the spoken dialogue.

For example in the side quest with the guy in the shack whatever you choose it simply doesnt matter at all. There is even an option "Discuss it with my friends" (or something along these lines) and you get the impression that this option is about refusing to complete the quest. Yet the response from the quest guy is like you cant wait to do what he asks.

Also when talking to Cindy you have the option to ask for a loan among other things and it simply doesnt matter at all.

I hope that this is not the case with all optional conversation in the game, because frankly it is stupid and pointless. I have no problem with RPGs that do not offer dialogue options and wheels, I certainly do have a problem if you are offering me choices that simply have no impact at all... its completely pointless.

As far as I know you get different buffs, different amount of AP and money with each answer. There also actually was different dialogue with other such scenes, for example with Iris in Lestallum. In the English and Japanese Gamescom gameplay videos she reacted completely different to Noctis depending on what he answered. In the English clip she was sulky/annoyed in the Japanese clip she was very cheerful.

jjonez18

The previews are reassuring. I really need this game to be good. Haven't had the urge to play a mainline Final Fantasy since X.

.JayZii

Banned
1df8156768.jpg

Mindflayer looks awesome in this game. And also Hobgoblins new enemy type/model we haven't seen before? Also first time we've seen Ramuh/a summon and Naga since very old builds (besides trailers too)?
My favorite enemy design I've seen so far. The tentacles that look like tattered robes while they float around is an especially nice touch.

Rappy

My favorite enemy design I've seen so far. The tentacles that look like tattered robes while they float around is an especially nice touch.
Also, I knew that there would be some temporary damage/tattered effects on your own team if caught in magic attacks, but I never realized till now that if it applied to enemies. In one part of the vid the mindflayer and all his clothing parts were charred to a crisp.

Another nitpick:
645575d6fe.jpg

Why did they change the rating names and rankings in the Western versions!? I always wondered what "Stealth" actually meant, but now I see it means back attacks. Which also the most recent build (BGW offscreen demo) has shown a "star" symbol instead of a letter grade. But maybe there's a limit break for the grading system as you progress so maybe it's not a newer build.

Meciu

Monster design in XV is absolutely phenomenal. So many classics redesigned so they actually look like monsters you would never want to meet. I mean look at this Mindflyer!

The Mindflayer looks great but I'm a bit surprised they actually redesigned it. Virtually every other monster is a faithful 3D render of the original Amano or Nomura drawings from previous games.

Rappy

Monster design in XV is absolutely phenomenal. So many classics redesigned so they actually look like monsters you would never want to meet. I mean look at this Mindflyer!
Seriously, and to think I remember people saying WoFF had better monster designs. This is probably my favorite rendition of a Mindflayer in all mediums (though Demon's Souls was pretty good due to the creepiness of having a human hands/body). Say all you want about the game being crap, but there's no denying that it's outstanding in areas such as music and enemy designs(visually).

Well, just started playing FFXIV and already have a backlog of 3 games to finish on the PS4, so I'm not buying this at least until next year.

That will leave time to figure if it really is as good as those previews say it is.

But it looks like it, and I will prolly end up buying it. Already played all main Final Fantasy, so...

I belated caught up on the French footage earlier - I'm still so pleased FFXV seems to have such a large villain supporting cast, and not everyone was even present at that gathering. (Ravusroth sounded finnnnnne in French.) Luna with the dogs was really sweet, too, and then seeing her desperately clutching the book was heartwrenching. Give the poor woman a happy ending, Tabata - I'll buy you beers!

1df8156768.jpg

Mindflayer looks awesome in this game. And also Hobgoblins new enemy type/model we haven't seen before? Also first time we've seen Ramuh/a summon and Naga since very old builds (besides trailers too)?

Hell-fucking-nope. Creepy as hell. (I'm sure there will be lots of Rule 34 fan-art.)

Absolutely, they're incredible. Previously FFXII had my favourite creature designs, but FFXV might make it a tie. The animation is fantastic, too, and beautifully weighted - the animation of the crocodile-monster putting Noctis in a death roll freaks me out.

Philippo

Thanks, added it to the OP.

There seem to be new skill trees for Royal Weapon abilities and something else in this footage (thanks to Mognet's @Nova):
aa5nFTo.png

Really happy with new things added, skill tree seems way too poor to me imho

I wonder how this works:
do we unlock nodes when acquiring new Royal Weapons and then buy those nodes with AP? Seems like a lot of work, hope they are adeguately OP.

Curious about what the other new one is.

Also, I knew that there would be some temporary damage/tattered effects on your own team if caught in magic attacks, but I never realized till now that if it applied to enemies. In one part of the vid the mindflayer and all his clothing parts were charred to a crisp.

Another nitpick:
645575d6fe.jpg

Why did they change the rating names and rankings in the Western versions!? I always wondered what "Stealth" actually meant, but now I see it means back attacks. Which also the most recent build (BGW offscreen demo) has shown a "star" symbol instead of a letter grade. But maybe there's a limit break for the grading system as you progress so maybe it's not a newer build.

S (In the Japanese ver.) = A+ (In the English ver.) = star (In the French ver.)

Don't know why did they bother to change it for every version. Probably a "localization" thing.

Considering the position a 9th tree is pretty much confirmed for the right. Or not?

Yeah, probably for Ring Magic once you acquire it.

Top Bottom