• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All PS4 Pro enhanced games (native support and boosted)

The last PS Pro patch for The Division is still missing in the picture.
It's real 4K now with super sampling.
It's listed under the official name, Tom Clancy's The Division. But the game is not native 4K, it's 1660p using some form of temporal accumulation (looks stochastic).

Ah yes, it was under "T" but are you sure it's only 1660p? Everything I can find is that the last patch upgraded it to real 4K and it looks impressive.

Too bad Digital Foundry hasn't looked at it one last time.

Ah yes, it was under "T" but are you sure it's only 1660p? Everything I can find is that the last patch upgraded it to real 4K and it looks impressive.

Too bad Digital Foundry hasn't looked at it one last time.
I am as sure as I can be. I am not infallible though, so there's that. No matter what the actual value, the game does look very good in motion, with the nice lighting model well-served by the bump in resolution. Individual screenshots aren't quite as pleasant, because you can see the reconstruction noise. But it's still an improvement, especially on modern TVs which smooth over the speckling when they blend frames due to persistence of vision. (Akin to the intrinsic improvements CRTs gave to old field-rendered games.)

Mascot

Assetto Corsa needs re-analysing following the recent v1.14 update. The frame rate has taken a massive hit.

Edit: see below.

blakdeth

Greetings fellow PS4 Pro owners. I have a question regarding input lag on the PS4 Pro using the included DualShock 4 controller. Apologies if this is not the correct thread. I searched for a PS4 Pro OT, but I did not see one.

The issue I am having is that, on occasion, the PS4 Pro will fail to recognize a button press. This behavior is inconsistent, and appears to happens randomly. For example, I may press a button only to have the PS4 fail to register the input. Subsequent presses of the same button work fine. It doesn't feel like a delay, so much as a complete lack of registering the button press. The issue is not isolated to one button.

For reference, I am using the following hardware.

• New PS4 Pro with the included DualShock 4 controller
  • LG B6 55" OLED display
  • The display is in "Game Mode"
  • PS4 Pro is in "Boost Mode"
  • PS4 Pro software version 4.70
  • LG B6 firmware version 04.31.20
  • Game is Bloodborne
  • Output is 2160p, full black level, automatic color via Blue Jeans premium certified HDMI cable

One issue I had considered was interference with the Bluetooth signal. I have yet to try the DS4 controller in its wired configuration. WiFi is enabled on the display. I'm about two meters from the PS4. My wireless router is in a room upstairs.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Greetings fellow PS4 Pro owners. I have a question regarding input lag on the PS4 Pro using the included DualShock 4 controller. Apologies if this is not the correct thread. I searched for a PS4 Pro OT, but I did not see one.

The issue I am having is that, on occasion, the PS4 Pro will fail to recognize a button press. This behavior is inconsistent, and appears to happens randomly. For example, I may press a button only to have the PS4 fail to register the input. Subsequent presses of the same button work fine. It doesn't feel like a delay, so much as a complete lack of registering the button press. The issue is not isolated to one button.

For reference, I am using the following hardware.

• New PS4 Pro with the included DualShock 4 controller
  • LG B6 55" OLED display
  • The display is in "Game Mode"
  • PS4 Pro is in "Boost Mode"
  • PS4 Pro software version 4.70
  • LG B6 firmware version 04.31.20
  • Game is Bloodborne
  • Output is 2160p, full black level, automatic color via Blue Jeans premium certified HDMI cable

One issue I had considered was interference with the Bluetooth signal. I have yet to try the DS4 controller in its wired configuration. WiFi is enabled on the display. I'm about two meters from the PS4. My wireless router is in a room upstairs.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

How low to the ground is your PS4? I have had issues with controller connectivity when my PS4 was low to the ground in the tv stand, I now have it right under the TV, and that solved my issues.

Missing button presses is a matter of life and death in Bloodborne.

blakdeth

How low to the ground is your PS4? I have had issues with controller connectivity when my PS4 was low to the ground in the tv stand, I now have it right under the TV, and that solved my issues.

Missing button presses is a matter of life and death in Bloodborne.

It is rather low to the ground. Thanks for the suggestion. I shall give this a shot.

blakdeth

The issue I am having is that, on occasion, the PS4 Pro will fail to recognize a button press. This behavior is inconsistent, and appears to happens randomly.

If anyone is interested, I disabled the WiFi on my display and that seems to have cleared up the issue. I have yet to re-enable the WiFi to see if the issue returns.

I know, I was just hoping they'd silently added downsampling.

Would appreciate if someone could check, if they have free time :)

Here's some quick shots from my capture card:

mygreatcapturescreensxtuda.png

mygreatcapturescreensq0ub8.png

mygreatcapturescreens46uzp.png

mygreatcapturescreens5euvz.png

blakdeth

You can use:

1) Ethernet/Wired
2) A pair of HomePlugs/Powerline
3) 5 GHz WiFi

I might have to go with option 2. My house was built in the 1920s, so the walls are basically plaster and lathe, which makes 5GHz signal coverage less than desirable. Electrical is mostly up to date though. Any recommendations on a quality power line adapter?

LostDonkey

Hey guys, I know this isn't the right thread but could anyone point me in the direction of a PS4 help thread of there is one.i searched and couldn't find anything. I'm having some issues with mine. Thnx

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
OP the game just got updated today so you should add Final Fantasy XIV to the list of games with 4K support for PS4 Pro users. I didn't notice any significant FPS boost and obviously we get no downsampling (*sigh* again). Unfortunately I don't have a 4K TV so I couldn't tell you if it's native 4K or not.

DeaDPo0L84

just picked up a pro last night and getting everything set up. I only have a 1080p monitor currently but just had a potentially dumb question. For games with enhancements do I have to set up special options or do games automatically adjust when playing on a pro?

mileS

OP the game just got updated today so you should add Final Fantasy XIV to the list of games with 4K support for PS4 Pro users. I didn't notice any significant FPS boost and obviously we get no downsampling (*sigh* again). Unfortunately I don't have a 4K TV so I couldn't tell you if it's native 4K or not.

There's a few people saying the framerate is a lot better. Then there's a whole bunch of people saying theres no difference. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that the higher framerate is only unlocked for people with 4k displays, not just being able to select higher res.

but yeah, so far it sounds like utter disappointment. Will once again affect my purchase decision as well.

just picked up a pro last night and getting everything set up. I only have a 1080p monitor currently but just had a potentially dumb question. For games with enhancements do I have to set up special options or do games automatically adjust when playing on a pro?
Most games will automatically adjust. There are some that offer toggles, like whether you want to prioritize framerate or graphics, or whether you want to uncap framerates, add effects, etc. There will be menus in-game for you to select your preference.

There's a few people saying the framerate is a lot better. Then there's a whole bunch of people saying theres no difference. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that the higher framerate is only unlocked for people with 4k displays, not just being able to select higher res.
It's very much more likely to be the other way around: improved framerate when set to 1080p, versus same framerate but higher resolution on 4K displays. Before this official patch, at 1080p Pro Boost Mode improved Final Fantasy XIV performance a lot: 15-20fps pretty consistently.

DeaDPo0L84

Most games will automatically adjust. There are some that offer toggles, like whether you want to prioritize framerate or graphics, or whether you want to uncap framerates, add effects, etc. There will be menus in-game for you to select your preference.

Thanks for the reply! Also does the silver ps4 logo on top bother anyone? Better than the og ps4 where half was glossy but damn that symbol is a big dust magnet.

ReitStuff

Judder are not fix on FF XV ? What is the best option for the best possible experience with PS4 Pro ?

I have a 4K/HDR Tv .

It depends what you consider the "best experience."

If you value frame rate over all else and don't mind unlocked frames, go with the 1080p/40-60fps mode (Lite). If you value frame rate but want it locked, go with the 1080p/30fps mode (Steady). If you If you value resolution over all else, then go with the 1800c/30fps judder mode (High).

I played it on high and the judder didn't bother me. I thought the resolution increase was well worth it.

Blizzje

Any idea what the exact pixel count is on the PS4 PRO mode on Final Fantasy XIV stormblood? Looks above 1440p but maybe under 4k to me. 1620p? Checkerboard 1800p?

Can anyone comment on how good or not HDR is on The Surge PS4 Pro?

It's alright. I went through an area that was completely dark without a light and it was a pretty cool experience since my weapon gave off light. It looked pretty damn cool! The rest of the visuals aren't that great, however, so it sort of looks a bit weird with HDR. Haven't tried the higher res mode yet, however.

It's alright. I went through an area that was completely dark without a light and it was a pretty cool experience since my weapon gave off light. It looked pretty damn cool! The rest of the visuals aren't that great, however, so it sort of looks a bit weird with HDR. Haven't tried the higher res mode yet, however.

Ok cheers, either this or the PC version.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Uggg just got way into the witcher, about to finish it and start blood and wine. I really want to keep playing but now I have to stop to play with the Pro patch.

Top Bottom