• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD Black Friday week deals *Updating with BF deals

Sounds interesting but I'm not sure how well the GTA games play on those platforms. Just to clarify, I've played the game multiples times on PS2 but I'd like to have it on PC.

Performance is fine on powerful devices. Touch controls are another matter altogether. However at least on Android you can pair a Dualshock 3 and play with that if you want to. In any case, I only mentioned it because you said you were itching to buy it :p. Apparently the game was removed from Steam due to music licensing issues and I'd imagine Rockstar would get it back on the store once they had resolved that.

Prophane33

On sale at Amazon now:
COD: MW2 for PC DD is $9.99 (bought)
COD: BLOPS PC DD is $19.99 (waiting for better deal on Steam - hopefully)

That's the lowest they have gone for on Amazon -- technically, tied for the lowest since they did the same thing in the summer; regardless, Steam has never had them for that price or lower (AFAIR). Activision HATE giving discounts on COD, so it's unlikely you'll ever see a sub-9.99 post COD:MW game. Heck, I'm considering buying COD:BLOPS II as soon as it's less than 59 becuase I know it's going to be two years before it's ever discounted less than 40 or so.

What would you do?

Borderlands 2 on PC by yourself for $20

Or

Borderlands 2 for 360 with 1 or 2 friends playing once a week, at best... for $25

Is it worth it to play friends if the trade off is worse graphics and larger spans of time between sessions?

Hmmm...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Should I expect a better deal for Max Payne 3 on Steam?

Unless it gets a price drop between now and a potential Steam sale daily, probably not. The MP3 Complete deal on Amazon is a 78% discount, and I wouldn't expect a featured Steam deal to exceed 75% off. The one catch is that the Compelete edition is priced higher then the standard, so if the standard is 75% off on Steam it could be $15 instead of $20.

But yeah, just fucking buy it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh crap, I didn't notice that the Bioshock pack was only $5, are these games still worth playing through (never have played BS1 or 2)
I played the first one for 2 hours and completely hated the gameplay and how the shooting feels. The atmosphere is excellent, however.

Should I expect a better deal for Max Payne 3 on Steam?
I bought the base game sans DLC for $30, and it was totally worth it. For 10 bucks less you'll also be getting the Season Pass, so there's no way you can lose. This is how a TPS should play like, unskippable cutscenes or not.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Unless it gets a price drop between now and a potential Steam sale daily, probably not. The MP3 Complete deal on Amazon is a 78% discount, and I wouldn't expect a featured Steam deal to exceed 75% off. The one catch is that the Compelete edition is priced higher then the standard, so if the standard is 75% off on Steam it could be $15 instead of $20.

But yeah, just fucking buy it.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO, SNUGGLER

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

*places order*

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What would you do?

Or

Borderlands 2 for 360 with 1 or 2 friends playing once a week, at best... for $25

Is it worth it to play friends if the trade off is worse graphics and larger spans of time between sessions?

Hmmm...

You will make new friends with GAF. Go with better graphics and cheaper price.

What would you do?

Or

Hmmm...

Why would you need to play by yourself? Add some gaffers :) Lots of us play the game on steam. Also the PC versions looks and plays amazing. It's a proper PC game.

What would you do?

Or

Hmmm...
PC--where is this deal from, I thought it was going to be $30 on Amazon?

BadAss2961

Yeah, you will. Christmas.
They refuse to drop the price though... Fuck it, bought.

If I enter the season pass code in Steam (Max Payne 3), I guess it will automatically download all that content on top of the base game? I'm asking because I don't think I want to bother downloading all that extra stuff right now. The base game is huge enough already.

Is that hotline Miami steam works? It will be like 6$ not bad

Yes it is. Not sure about a lot of the other titles since Gamefly recently launched their own DD app. You can check the titles and they'll let you know if they require Steam. I'm really just planning to pick up the BF3 Premium Edition and I know that's going to go through Origin. Can't beat all that content for $24.

Fjordson

Hey Civ IV fans, do I dabble with the vanilla game or jump into a Beyond the Sword campaign? Already went through the tutorial game.

oipic

Hey Civ IV fans, do I dabble with the vanilla game or jump into a Beyond the Sword campaign? Already went through the tutorial game.

I'd recommend going straight to BtS, and not committing any time to the vanilla game - other than to highlight the differences between the two, I don't think you'll gain much from vanilla. CivIV really hit its stride with the BtS expansion, and introduced some mechanics that made it a complete experience.

Spent more than I'd like so far:

- Bioshock Dual Pack
- Sega Dreamcast pack
- Binary Domain
- Walking Dead

My PC backlog is almost as bad as my Vita backlog now...

Shaneus

The Dreamcast pack only had the one game on Steam, yes? I assume that the others are DDL straight from Amazon? It's back on sale, BTW.

Karram

I have a non-Steam install of Max Payne 3. I want to buy the season pass, but I can't help but notice that there are 2 different versions of them on Amazon. One is cheaper than the other. Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-Season-Pass-Download/dp/B00A9XQ868/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1353641080&sr=1-3&keywords=max+payne+3+season+pass

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-Rockstar-Pass-Online/dp/B0085OOLG2/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1353641040&sr=1-5&keywords=max+payne+3

Will the Steam DRM one work with my non-steam Max Payne install ?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Dumb question but how exactly do digital download Amazon games that are redeemable on Steam work? Let's say I buy COD BLOPS. I download it and then what? How do I get it installed and working in Steam?

inm8num2

Dumb question but how exactly do digital download Amazon games that are redeemable on Steam work? Let's say I buy COD BLOPS. I download it and then what? How do I get it installed and working in Steam?

In your amazon "Games and Software Library", games with Steam codes will provide the codes under the game title. It might say "Product Code", but you just take that and enter it into the Steam client directly.

Top Bottom