• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

So I jumped on The Darkness II.

Next will probably be Binary Domain since I either own most of the stuff on sale or it's still too steep for me (Max Payne 3). If only Amazon sold a download for the non-Colonies Edition of Lost Planet 1.

Watevaman

Looking at MP3, Darkness 2, and Black Ops. Has Blops been any lower than $20 for any other sales? It's still kinda steep for what I'll be playing, but I want to play some zombies on PC for once.

VALIS

My haul, which is pretty impressive I managed to find this much considering I have about 1700 games on Steam already (and ten or so on Origin).

Call of Duty: Black Ops - $20 ($40 Steam)
The Darkness II - $12.50 ($50 Steam)
Spec Ops: The Line - $25 ($50 Steam)
Max Payne 3 - $30 Amazon ($60 Steam)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $30 Amazon ($60 Steam)

Ok, so I bought the Plentiful Paradox Bundle.

However, I am not interested in 3 games there.

So, if you want one of the codes (Im pretty sure they are all Steam activated) just quote me:

Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection

Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

Victoria II

Enjoy! :)

Shantom

Ok, so I bought the Plentiful Paradox Bundle.

However, I am not interested in 3 games there.

So, if you want one of the codes (Im pretty sure they are all Steam activated) just quote me:

Victoria II

I took Victoria II, thank you.

Duxxy3

The steam sale just took too long to start. Sorry Gabe but i had to go elsewhere for my fix.

Picked up Max Payne 3, Specs ops and the darkness 2.

Still 2 games for people to take. Just quote me and get Steam codes:

Game Guru

Still 2 games for people to take. Just quote me and get Steam codes:

Unfortunately, someone done snagged your codes before I could get them.

In other things, I found Sega Genesis Classics Collection Gold Edition selling for $9 on Amazon. I'm not sure of all the games in it, but it appears to be all the games that are available as downloads save for the ToeJam & Earl games and the games of Sega Genesis Collection Pack 5. I'd jump on it if I didn't own Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 and if I could use the game code on Steam.

I'm starting to hate Amazon more than Steam tbh.

First I thought "oh well, only Binary Domain for me then"

Then I saw The Darkness 2 - bought

A bit later I saw that Modern Warfare 2 was only $9.99 - bought

and now I'm looking at the page for Black Ops. If this was $14.99 it'd have already bought it.

Fuck.

sazzy

I'm starting to hate Amazon more than Steam tbh.

First I thought "oh well, only Binary Domain for me then"

Then I saw The Darkness 2 - bought

A bit later I saw that Modern Warfare 2 was only $9.99 - bought

and now I'm looking at the page for Black Ops. If this was $14.99 it'd have already bought it.

Fuck.

Oh you hate Amazon as in you love them, right?

Bentendo

Amazon really has to advertise these sales better. If you didn't know there was a sale going on it wouldn't be very apparent if you visited Amazon, even the digital download page!

Tony, that's my only recommendation. Otherwise you got some great deals. I know you guys probably worked hard to get them.

Elginer

Just picked up Syndicate. Thanks Tony and Amazon my new PC gaming overlords.
Now I await Binary Domain. :)
If anyone is down for coop my Origin handle is squallsan.

RS4-

Just waiting for Binary Domain even though I own it on 360.

Didn't pick up anything though :( Syndicate would've been my other choice but I wasn't a huge fan of what I played.

Maybe I'll just get X-Com

Vic20

When does Binary Domain go on sale?

Update: I've just learned to read and according to the OP, my answer is soonish... ;-P

LegoArmo

I went for Max Payne 3. Now I have to clear me up some hard drive space. Or is there a way to make Steam download it to a different drive?

If you haven't played a bbal sim game in a long time then this will be great for you.
I wholeheartedly disagree.
NBA 2K basketball games are amazing, that's a fact but they're not very noob friendly.
I tried NBA 2K11 on my X360 once and it was pure horror. Take into account that I never played a basketball game before before you judge me. :)
The tutorial system is basically a list of ~50 moves that you can do and that's about it.
No real tutorial, slowly getting you into the game, etc.

My $0.02 folks. Take it or leave it. But they could have put some effort into some tutorial for n00bs.

Unfortunately, someone done snagged your codes before I could get them.

In other things, I found Sega Genesis Classics Collection Gold Edition selling for $9 on Amazon. I'm not sure of all the games in it, but it appears to be all the games that are available as downloads save for the ToeJam & Earl games and the games of Sega Genesis Collection Pack 5. I'd jump on it if I didn't own Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 and if I could use the game code on Steam.

Someone took them without posting about it.

That sucks. Not for the lack of thanks, but I hate the feeling of thinking you're getting a new game and finding out someone else already took it. :/

Elginer

PSA: If you're still hesitant on The Darkness II, pick that ish up. Awesome game! Got it a month ago with an amazon credit for $1; making it the best game I've ever played for a buck. Looks fantastic on PC and has a great story.

anddo0

Thoughts on NBA2k12? Haven't played a b-ball game in ages but I've been getting a weird craving for one lately. I've heard the console versions are great but not much about the PC.

I'm debating, but upon viewing this roster update/mod video. I may pull the trigger. We're talking updated rosters with rookies, Brooklyn Nets modded in, and over 200 legend teams dating back to the 40's.

sazzy

Should I get Black Ops for 20 now? I will only be playing single player, and most likely won't get a chance to play it for another few months at least.

mxgt

Banned
Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected
• This order may take up to 4 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
• Please do not re-order this item
• Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address
• For more information, contact us

I ordered Spec Ops more than 4 hours ago :(

Amazon really has to advertise these sales better. If you didn't know there was a sale going on it wouldn't be very apparent if you visited Amazon, even the digital download page!

Tony, that's my only recommendation. Otherwise you got some great deals. I know you guys probably worked hard to get them.

Seriously - I don't see anything on the front page which is the only page I ever seen on Amazon. I'd assume most people don't randomly browse through the downloads page unless they see a banner on the front page saying there is a sale...

Derrick01

Banned
I'll repeat my question since it was pretty late last night when I originally asked. Any chance that mass effect 3 will be going on sale anytime this month?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously - I don't see anything on the front page which is the only page I ever seen on Amazon. I'd assume most people don't randomly browse through the downloads page unless they see a banner on the front page saying there is a sale...

I didn't even find the sale while searching for it..

legacyzero

Banned
Ok GAF, help me out here.

Syndicate or Spec Ops

I only want one or the other. I want to save for Binary Domain when it goes on sale too.

Top Bottom