• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

legacyzero

Banned
Between Syndicate and Spec Ops you really should buy Binary Domain.
Oh, BD is getting bought either way.

But I only want to buy one or the other, Syndicate or Spec Ops. I kinda want to save SOME cash for the Steam Sale when it decides to finally detonate.

Detox

Oh, BD is getting bought either way.

But I only want to buy one or the other, Syndicate or Spec Ops. I kinda want to save SOME cash for the Steam Sale when it decides to finally detonate.
If you have a coop partner go for syndicate, if it is solely for SP then spec ops is a better bet.

Hey Tony, I don't know if you can answer this, but do you know if can I get the L.A. Noire DLC and use it in a non-Amazon version of the base game (specifically, Gamefly's)? If it downloads as a separate installer then theoretically I can download that, install it into the current game directory and it should work....right?

legacyzero

Banned
Hmmm, need to decide if Black Ops and MW3 are worth it...
Black Ops: YES

MW3 just isn't as good. Wait for the end of the year, I'd say for a lower price on that one. Black Ops Multiplayer is INFINITELY better than MW3. It has MOD TOOLS for fun MP game modes. Zombies kick ass! And the SP story is brillilant. Well worth the $20.

Sadly, though, the DLC is still $15 a pop. I'd say that you could buy this, and then hopefully the DLC for Black Ops will be 50% off during the Steam Sale.

Elginer

Sweet god is Syndicates aiming controls loose. Shit is nearly un-fucking-playable. It's as if someone looked at Killzone 2 and said, "Yeah, we can do that but worse and heavier."

Sysgen

One click does not function with digital downloads by the way. You will always see a confirmation page.

Cheers,
Tony

This is from 10PM last night but this is 100% false. Had to contact your CS rep because the price changed but still showed free on my browser and I clicked and got charged and there was no confirmation.

Bought the Paradox Pack and X-COM. Already has some games in that Pack, but can give it away to some friends.

Btw, will there be new deals added every day to this sale?

Not every day, but throughout the month of July new stuff will be added.

Squeenix should have a nice showing, as well as Sega :).

Nothing I want is up yet.. but I'll have my eyes peeled. Any way to know which games come with a Steam key? I've only ever purchased physical copies of games from Amazon. :eek:

do a CTRL + F for "Steam" on the page and you should be able to tell fairly quickly.

Unfortunately, someone done snagged your codes before I could get them.

In other things, I found Sega Genesis Classics Collection Gold Edition selling for $9 on Amazon. I'm not sure of all the games in it, but it appears to be all the games that are available as downloads save for the ToeJam & Earl games and the games of Sega Genesis Collection Pack 5. I'd jump on it if I didn't own Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on 360 and if I could use the game code on Steam.

Don't buy that Sega Genesis Collection Pack yet. It will be in a bundle with a bunch of other stuff during this sale.

Do the x-com games run with dosbox ?

Any problems with win7 64bits ?

Yep, runs fine on my work laptop (don't tell my boss!)

Any chance Gods & Kings will be on sale?

I asked that too, but looks like the answer is "no".

Negative on Gods and Kings, sorry I missed this question.

Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected
• This order may take up to 4 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
• Please do not re-order this item
• Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address
• For more information, contact us

I ordered Spec Ops more than 4 hours ago :(

This is a queue that is in place to make sure you are protected. I know it is a hassle when good customers get stuck in it so I apologize. Has it been resolved yet?

I'll repeat my question since it was pretty late last night when I originally asked. Any chance that mass effect 3 will be going on sale anytime this month?

Sorry D, missed this. We'll have ME 3 on sale, yes, but the discount will be less than 50% off, so it hasn't made the main discussion yet, just not BOMBA enough.

Amazon really has to advertise these sales better. If you didn't know there was a sale going on it wouldn't be very apparent if you visited Amazon, even the digital download page!

Tony, that's my only recommendation. Otherwise you got some great deals. I know you guys probably worked hard to get them.

Seriously - I don't see anything on the front page which is the only page I ever seen on Amazon. I'd assume most people don't randomly browse through the downloads page unless they see a banner on the front page saying there is a sale...

I didn't even find the sale while searching for it..

Damn, you can't even find this deal through the front page.

That's counter-productive.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I agree. I've called and emailed our guy that handles the on-site discovery and we should be working on fixes to discovery within the next hour. For reference, there should be a HUGE IMAGE in the dropdown on the left hand side for "Game and Software Downloads" that takes you to the Deal of the Week page (which also has a bunch of sale items on it) and the DD homepage should have a HUGE IMAGE in the center driving towards the sale.

Working on it, and thanks :).

Cheers,
Tony

Rorschach

Do these run out or something? I bought a couple games a long while back, but they're not in my library or purchase history. Guess I'll stick with games that can activate on Steam.

The_Monk

I have a question, if someone buys me Modern Warfare 2 which is pretty cheap, can they gift or send me the key to activate on Steam and I'm good to go?

Sorry kinda new to DD, I have 2 games on my Steam Inventory which I would like to trade for it, also posted on Steam thread but I'm not sure how this would work..

Thanks in advance fellow GAFfers.

legacyzero

Banned
Why does the Syndicate Box art character look STRIKINGLY like Chris Pine? :lol

igysxnb5ZJzdA.png
281x211.jpg

bengraven

All right: serious question. I might buy that Plentiful Paradox pack, but I need an answer.

Sword of the Stars: how does this play? I know it's a 4X, but how much like a Civ game is it?

Bentendo

I just played the demo for Binary Domain. That game is really fun but the voice stuff is annoying. Is everyone in agreement or do people actually like that?

Hey Tony, I don't know if you can answer this, but do you know if can I get the L.A. Noire DLC and use it in a non-Amazon version of the base game (specifically, Gamefly's)? If it downloads as a separate installer then theoretically I can download that, install it into the current game directory and it should work....right?

It should, let me confirm though. Just shot an email to my Take 2 guy.

This is from 10PM last night but this is 100% false. Had to contact your CS rep because the price changed but still showed free on my browser and I clicked and got charged and there was no confirmation.

Ummm, what were you buying? I'm VERY confused because, literally, the code for 1 click does not exist in the PC Download order pipeline. I know this because I sit in meetings every week with our development team where they are talking about how far back on the roadmap this particular feature is, specifically behind things like gifting and a cart.

What I'm saying is, it is literally impossible for you to have purchased anything in the "Digital Video Games" product node (www.amazon.com/gamedownloads) with 1-click...because it doesn't exist.

I wish 1-click did work for our stuff...we'd make a ton more money.

Do these run out or something? I bought a couple games a long while back, but they're not in my library or purchase history. Guess I'll stick with games that can activate on Steam.

See my previous response about customer protection queues.

Hey Tony, can you tell about any possible deals on RPGs?

Kingdoms of Amalur will make the sale, and I'm waiting for confirmation from Square Enix, which should be exciting.

Cheers,
Tony

legacyzero

Banned
I keep hearing about this Kingdoms of Amalur. Is it any good? A few of my buddies on Xbox Live is gushing about it.

Lancehead

I have a question, if someone buys me Modern Warfare 2 which is pretty cheap, can they gift or send me the key to activate on Steam and I'm good to go?

Sorry kinda new to DD, I have 2 games on my Steam Inventory which I would like to trade for it, also posted on Steam thread but I'm not sure how this would work..

Thanks in advance fellow GAFfers.

If it's a Steam redeemable version, yes. From the OP:
What if I already own a game? Can I trade or give the game to someone else?

If the game activates on another service such as Steam or Origin then yes you can do what you like with the extra key(s). This includes games included in bundles provided they have the proper keys.

Kingdoms of Amalur will make the sale, and I'm waiting for confirmation from Square Enix, which should be exciting.

Cheers,
Tony
Ah, nice! I'm looking out for Amalur and Dungeon Siege 3.

Fxp

Just purchased Max Payne 3 (I'm from Europe), finally used $10 Amazon credit I got for $5 a while back.

derExperte

I keep hearing about this Kingdoms of Amalur. Is it any good? A few of my buddies on Xbox Live is gushing about it.

I put almost 3 hours into the demo and while it was fun that was enough, didn't really grab me. I may buy it if it's really cheap but a lot of people say that it gets waaaay too easy after a while and for obvious reasons there will never be another patch to fix the balance issues.

chixdiggit

Just played the demo for Spec Ops and bought. I'm actually more excited to play it over Max Payne 3.

Also, Amazon Tony kicks ass. This level of support/feedback is something Steam doesn't even come close to.

You're talking about the August sale?

Oh man, oh man, I think you're right, that should be exciting.

Nope it will happen in July :)

But Tony, you already sold Sonic Generations, Shogun 2 and Football Manager 2012 to me :( Only Binary Domain and Sonic CD left

Sounds like you don't have Renegade OPS or EVERY Sega Genesis game we sell yet :).

App Store which has digital video games.

I hate you Sysgen (/sarcasm), my director and I get into discussions almost every week about whether or not our customers lump App Store games in with "Digital Video Games".

Up until now I've been able to say that "I've never seen anyone make this connection in their minds".

You've now blown my basis of a several month long discussion with him.

Seriously though, thanks for the feedback. This will help inform decisions in the future regarding product association.

As for the 1-click and App Store, App Store and PC DD are run by two different teams, with different software, and different content. This is why I was saying 1-click doesn't work for PC DD, because as a member of THAT team, my worldview (obviously incorrectly so) is limited to stuff over which I have control.

Hope this helps explain, thanks for making me eat crow.

Cheers,
Tony

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I hate you Sysgen (/sarcasm), my director and I get into discussions almost every week about whether or not our customers lump App Store games in with "Digital Video Games".

Up until now I've been able to say that "I've never seen anyone make this connection in their minds".

You've now blown my basis of a several month long discussion with him.

Seriously though, thanks for the feedback. This will help inform decisions in the future regarding product association.
He's the exception that proves the theory.

It's not like those are real games, mang.

Do the paradox packs have individual Steam codes?

I want to split the big one wotih a friend since we arent HUGE on strat games and probably d t need all of them.

Also, for anyone who has olayed them? What are the most similar ones that we could divide. I already have all the Magicka so he s taking that ad I think I want Warlock, but other than that we dont known how to split stuff.

Do the paradox packs have individual Steam codes?

I want to split the big one wotih a friend since we arent HUGE on strat games and probably d t need all of them.

Also, for anyone who has olayed them? What are the most similar ones that we could divide. I already have all the Magicka so he s taking that ad I think I want Warlock, but other than that we dont known how to split stuff.

Yes we'll give you 1 key for each.

Cheers,
Tony

sazzy

Nah, its fair pushback that I've been desperately trying to push back on...mostly because I'm stubborn :(.

$25 and $5 for the DLCs (each)

Cheers,l
Tony

Do you think we could get sale prices/discount % on the Squeenix and Sega games before they are live? :)

oh and those DLC's are SO mine. been waiting for ages for them to drop in price <3

Top Bottom