• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Kronic

Neo Member
Hey Tony,

Any chance at a max payne collection steam bundle with MP 1-3? Saw you guys have 2 in the Rockstar collection bundle, wasn't sure if there were issues getting MP 1 up as well.

Thanks for all the effort, these are some really great deals.

Ledsen

Are the crusader kings games in the pint sized stand alone? Mit doesnt seem to come with the base game...

Plentiful Paradox has the base game and another package only has the DLC, as a way for people who bought the plentiful package to get the DLC only.

Hey Tony, I don't know if you can answer this, but do you know if can I get the L.A. Noire DLC and use it in a non-Amazon version of the base game (specifically, Gamefly's)? If it downloads as a separate installer then theoretically I can download that, install it into the current game directory and it should work....right?

Just got confirmation from Rockstar, here it is:

"The licenses can come from anyone and still work regardless of who the user purchased the base game from. "

Cheers,
Tony

Do you think we could get sale prices/discount % on the Squeenix and Sega games before they are live? :)

oh and those DLC's are SO mine. been waiting for ages for them to drop in price <3

Yeah I'll post deals and dates as soon as I have confirmation. Right now I have a big list of "This is what we're running". I've sent back suggestions on what I think would work better and during what time frame. I just need to get confirmation on my suggestions.

Hey Tony,

Any chance at a max payne collection steam bundle with MP 1-3? Saw you guys have 2 in the Rockstar collection bundle, wasn't sure if there were issues getting MP 1 up as well.

Thanks for all the effort, these are some really great deals.

Not during this sale. Possibly in the future though. You're welcome btw, today is looking really exciting so far, and it is not yet 10:00AM here yet :)

Are the crusader kings games in the pint sized stand alone? Mit doesnt seem to come with the base game...

Negative the Pint Sized Package only has the CKII DLC.

Cheers,
Tony

Nothing I want to buy today. But I couldn't recommend Crusader Kings II to you guys enough. And at $9.99? That's an insanely good price. Also, if you're a Game of Thrones fan, there's an amazing mod for it that allows you to play in Westeros. :D

With Tony here, I also wanted to point something out. To anyone who is iffy on buying from Amazon, my experience has been amazing. I bought the Paradox bundle a few weeks ago and two of the games (Victoria II & Sword of the Stars Complete) didn't come with Steam codes. Kinda bummed me out because I love Steam. Well, just a few days ago (long after the sale), Amazon sent me an e-mail with the Steam codes to those games.

How cool is that? The transaction was already done between myself and Amazon and they weren't required to do any of that. Yet, following up and giving me those codes is one of those small gestures that gets you coming back. I also love that unlike EA, they're not looking to take you away from Steam; they're giving you another avenue to use it.

Anyway... Just wanted to sound off on how good of an experience buying from Amazon has been.

bengraven

So weird that Vice City is called "Vice City Stories" though.

Nothing I want to buy today. But I couldn't recommend Crusader Kings II to you guys enough. And at $9.99? That's an insanely good price. Also, if you're a Game of Thrones fan, there's an amazing mod for it that allows you to play in Westeros. :D

With Tony here, I also wanted to point something out. To anyone who is iffy on buying from Amazon, my experience has been amazing. I bought the Paradox bundle a few weeks ago and two of the games (Victoria II & Sword of the Stars Complete) didn't come with Steam codes. Kinda bummed me out because I love Steam. Well, just a few days ago (long after the sale), Amazon sent me an e-mail with the Steam codes to those games.

How cool is that? The transaction was already done between myself and Amazon and they weren't required to do any of that. Yet, following up and giving me those codes is one of those small gestures that gets you coming back. I also love that unlike EA, they're not looking to take you away from Steam; they're giving you another avenue to use it.

Anyway... Just wanted to sound off on how good of an experience buying from Amazon has been.

So...how are Victoria and SotS?

sazzy

this^

legacyzero

Banned
Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected
&#8226; This order may take up to 4 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
&#8226; Please do not re-order this item
&#8226; Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address
&#8226; For more information, contact us

:(

:( sorry man. I've sent a note over to our protection team about this to monitor. Just as an FYI this process is in place to make sure your little brother or kid doesn't hop on your Amazon account and spend all your dollars on video games. Usually it is triggered by multiple purchases in a totally new product group in a short period.

Again, sorry :(.

Cheers,
Tony

XEROWUN

Neo Member
tony, i know your being bombarded with a lot of questions, so i would like to add to the fray :p

need for speed bundle/racing bundle?

Anyone know if there is a way to use Amazon CC points for game downloads? I can't seem to find the option to shop with points here.

Anyone know if there is a way to use Amazon CC points for game downloads? I can't seem to find the option to shop with points here.

i've never been able to do it (i buy a lot of games and music there). i thought i had read on the credit card site that you can't use them for digital items but maybe i'm imagining that

legacyzero

Banned
:( sorry man. I've sent a note over to our protection team about this to monitor. Just as an FYI this process is in place to make sure your little brother or kid doesn't hop on your Amazon account and spend all your dollars on video games. Usually it is triggered by multiple purchases in a totally new product group in a short period.

Again, sorry :(.

Cheers,
Tony
Hahaha.

it really is no big deal.

Any plans to put COD 4 on sale? Great sale so far. It is going to hurt my wallet.

We don't currently carry that game unfortunately :(.

Hey Tony, I don't know if this has been already mentioned, but Duke Nukem Forever is 9.99$ right now, while the complete pack is 7.99$.

I realize that some of these prices look weird. We're doing a "50% off the entire catalog" with select deals that are a lot better.

tony, i know your being bombarded with a lot of questions, so i would like to add to the fray :p

need for speed bundle/racing bundle?

7/8-7/14:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box [Download] - $4.99
Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - $7.49
Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - $14.99
Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - $11.24
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit [Download] - $4.99

7/12-7/14
Need for Speed: The Run [Download] - $9.99

Cheers,
Tony

i've never been able to do it (i buy a lot of games and music there). i thought i had read on the credit card site that you can't use them for digital items but maybe i'm imagining that

I know it is in development. I email that team about twice a week asking for updates...yeah, working with me must really suck.

Cheers,
Tony

Nelo Ice

Banned
We don't currently carry that game unfortunately :(.

I realize that some of these prices look weird. We're doing a "50% off the entire catalog" with select deals that are a lot better.

7/8-7/14:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box [Download] - $4.99
Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - $7.49
Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - $14.99
Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack [Online Game Code] - $11.24
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit [Download] - $4.99

7/12-7/14
Need for Speed: The Run [Download] - $9.99

Cheers,
Tony

And added those to the "Upcoming July Sales" for anyone who still reads the OP lol.

Accidentally bought the non-Steam version of Max Payne 3 before I realized there was more than one option. Oh well!

Great sale anyway, Tony.

Plissken

Picked up Spec Ops, eagerly awaiting Binary Domain. Thanks for the heads up on this sale, between this and the eventual Steam sale, I think my wallet is going to be hurting at the end of the month!

bengraven

Any news on Dead Island going on sale?

Sitting safely in my backlog with the rest of the mob. ;)

Ha, likely where it would sit for me.

Frankly, I'm thinking more about getting the Plethora for the Majesty games as an alternative since people have been pretty quiet about Sword and Victoria, which isn't usually a good sign.

Bradach

Buying from Europe i just have to use a US address. Is there any state I should choose thats preferable from a sales tax point of view?

megalowho

Crusader Kings II instabought, will ruminate a bit on MP3 and Spec Ops before committing.

Some very nice deals to be had, will be checking back regularly throughout the month to see what else pops up.

legacyzero

Banned
NFS: The Run for $10

i7wX6WVDgAf6K.gif

RedSwirl

Still not sure on Max Payne. I already beat a rental copy on 360 and don't know if I need to play through the game again, even at $30. Also, I'm still not comfortable about downloading 30 Gigs on my data cap. I think I'll wait for a lower Steam holiday deal.

Syndicate really should have a demo on PC. Sucks that they dont =/

Spec Ops it is.

Does Syndicate have a demo on consoles? If so, once again it shows almost the sole reason I still own consoles. Is the sale for it today only?

Top Bottom