• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Megasoum

Banned
So Tony, are you like obligated by your boss to end all your messages with "Cheers, Tony" (cause I've seen that before with some companies) or it just you that likes it that way?

There's obviously nothing wrong with being polite but I'm curious...since it does look a bit weird in some of the replies lol.

Now my gaming question. For those Need For Speed games will it be a steam code (for Hot Pursuit) and an Origin code for The Run?

Cheers,
Megasoum

Wanted to let you guys know, I WAY under forecasted MP3 sales and we might (probably) will run out of keys today for the Steam version. I've already called Rockstar and they assure me I'll have more early tomorrow.

Nelo, can you add this to the OP? I'll update when we have more keys. Right now it is touch and go as to if we'll make it through the day. We still have a ton but we are selling a ton per hour.

Cheers,
Tony

So Tony, are you like obligated by your boss to end all your messages with "Cheers, Tony" (cause I've seen that before with some companies) or it just you that likes it that way?

There's obviously nothing wrong with being polite but I'm curious...since it does look a bit weird in some of the replies lol.

Now my gaming question. For those Need For Speed games will it be a steam code (for Hot Pursuit) and an Origin code for The Run?

Cheers,
Megasoum

Haha, no, I've just been signing my emails with "Cheers," since my first job out of college, it carried over into my community work :).

As for Steam keys on EA games, this will likely not happen from us.

Cheers,
Tony

Wanted to let you guys know, I WAY under forecasted MP3 sales and we might (probably) will run out of keys today for the Steam version. I've already called Rockstar and they assure me I'll have more early tomorrow.

Nelo, can you add this to the OP? I'll update when we have more keys. Right now it is touch and go as to if we'll make it through the day. We still have a ton but we are selling a ton per hour.

Cheers,
Tony

Do you know how long it might take for my key to get switched over?

Nelo Ice

Banned

Cheers,
Tony

Done.

sazzy

RTzYN.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well The Run is not even available on Steam so that's why I was asking for Origin code. Isn't it an "Originworks" game anyway? I wonder how it would work if it's not a redeemable code.

Every EA game is registrable on Origin, as long as the game was released after Origin was created.

If the game is from before, it varies. Mass effect 2 and Burnout Paradise go there, Mass Effect 1 doesn't.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I picked up Spec Ops. The story and presentation seems to be the difference.

I am not sure about what else I will pick up.

edit - Burnout Paradise will be mine.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well The Run is not even available on Steam so that's why I was asking for Origin code. Isn't it an "Originworks" game anyway? I wonder how it would work if it's not a redeemable code.

Pretty much all EA games can be activated on Origin with the exception of older games like Crysis in which case you have to talk with CS.

Megasoum

Banned
Every EA game is registrable on Origin, as long as the game was released after Origin was created.

If the game is from before, it varies. Mass effect 2 and Burnout Paradise go there, Mass Effect 1 doesn't.

Pretty much all EA games can be activated on Origin with the exception of older games like Crysis in which case you have to talk with CS.

Good point, forgot about that.

zoku88

Lol, how many times has CK2 gone on sale at Amazon?

I feel like it's never not on sale XD

Btw, everyone who doesn't have it should definitely get it :-|

Danj

It's worth noting that if you use their support chat function, you can get their customer service to register your older games on your origin account for you, you just have to give them your CD keys and they'll sort it out.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It's worth noting that if you use their support chat function, you can get their customer service to register your older games on your origin account for you, you just have to give them your CD keys and they'll sort it out.

I've tried that Multiple Times with Mass Effect and they never did it for me. Dude even gave me an extra Mass Effect key going like "try this one instead!", which then became "let me talk to my manager" and later "sorry, we can't manually add games to your account"

Okay so I'm confused. I was going to buy the Bioshock pack for $7.49, but the OP says it's non-steam? The product page says it is though. Can someone explain please?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Okay so I'm confused. I was going to buy the Bioshock pack for $7.49, but the OP says it's non-steam? The product page says it is though. Can someone explain please?

I added that since I thought they would also put the non steam version on sale. But editing the OP now to reflect that it's only the steam version and yes the product page is right.

I've tried that Multiple Times with Mass Effect and they never did it for me. Dude even gave me an extra Mass Effect key going like "try this one instead!", which then became "let me talk to my manager" and later "sorry, we can't manually add games to your account"

Another person here where they added Mass effect to my account.

Sounds like the rep either doesn't know what he's doing or is trolling somewhat (although he did give you another key).

matmanx1

Picked up the Borderlands GOTY edition for $7.49 this morning. All my friends have played it and not being a huge fps fan I've always wondered what all the fuss was about. For $7.49 I feel comfortable in putting some time in to see if it clicks with me, especially with Borderlands 2 hitting this year.

The Kid

Am I safe to wait as long as I want into the sale time frame to buy any of these games, especially Spec Ops and Paradox bundles? I definitely want to buy it but not sure when I can. Will there definitely be sufficient keys (or access to new keys) for the entirety of the sale?

I just did it with Mass Effect the other day and after signing up to the Pogo.com shit for legacy games(???), it took like 5 minutes. The game just appeared in my account, I didn't manually input a key into Origin.

Am I safe to wait as long as I want into the sale time frame to buy any of these games, especially Spec Ops and Paradox bundles? I definitely want to buy it but not sure when I can. Will there definitely be sufficient keys (or access to new keys) for the entirety of the sale?

Short answer, yes. If we run out of keys for anything we'll restock as soon as possible, I'm already ordering more of stuff I'm concerned about.

Why doesn't the 2K Shooter Pack include Steam keys for Bioshock/2 when the Bioshock pack does?

Our bundling software threw up all over the 2K packs when we tried to add the Steam versions for some reason. The engineering team found a solution but we couldn't get it implemented by Friday.

Cheers,
Tony

Xander51

Well, I just bit on Spec Ops. Or at least I'm trying to. My order is just kind of chilling at the "Processing" screen right now. I hope nothing went wrong.

EDIT: Ah, just got a notice that the order is taking longer than normal to process but it should be fine within 4 hours. Guess I'm okay then!

SirKhalid

I was checking the Paradox bundles because I'm thinking about buying it. But why would anyone buy the first one, if you could get 2 extra games with the others bundles for the same price.

Our bundling software threw up all over the 2K packs when we tried to add the Steam versions for some reason. The engineering team found a solution but we couldn't get it implemented by Friday.

Cheers,
Tony

That sounds unfortunate. Is there a possibility of this getting fixed before the sale is up?

I was checking the Paradox bundles because I'm thinking about buying it. But why would anyone buy the first one, if you could get 2 extra games with the others bundles for the same price.

That's exactly why I did the two smaller Paradox bundles and divvied them up with a friend. I already had Magicka and he didn't so:

He got Magicka + all DLC, Majesty Gold, Majesty 2, and Swords and Stars + DLC.

I got Warlock, Crusader Kings 2 + DLC, Victoria II+ DLC.

For $10 a piece that's a great deal. But had we split the big $20 bundle we would have gotten a lot less.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Kingdoms of Amalur DLC redeemable on Steam? Friend wants to know.

I'd also like to know this. Hopefully I can snag the DLC at a decent price before it's inevitably yanked from Steam (38 Studios is no more and the Steam version is self-published).

Top Bottom