• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So if I buy any retail copy of Prey, it comes with a Steam code? how awesome is that!

Prey was a game that was registrable on Steam. It's not a "Steam Code", it's the game's serial number. However, a deal was struck with Valve and the game is redeemable on Steam.

However, Prey is not for sale on Steam anymore, since the Publisher went under or something. So, the only way to get Prey on Steam is to buy a retail copy.

I've been looking for 2 keys (one for me and one for a friend) for a while, but since people know about this, the game is hella expensive everywhere. Add in the fact that I don't live in the US and it's hard to get a new copy of it at a decent price shipped down here for a decent price also.

Edit: A decent price = 5 bucks, I should say. :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Prey was a game that was registrable on Steam. It's not a "Steam Code", it's the game's serial number. However, a deal was struck with Valve and the game is redeemable on Steam.

However, Prey is not for sale on Steam anymore, since the Publisher went under or something. So, the only way to get Prey on Steam is to buy a retail copy.

I've been looking for 2 keys (one for me and one for a friend) for a while, but since people know about this, the game is hella expensive everywhere. Add in the fact that I don't live in the US and it's hard to get a new copy of it at a decent price shipped down here for a decent price also.

Edit: A decent price = 5 bucks, I should say. :D

Prey is a strange case as 2K -- the game's original and current publisher -- still ships out retail copies in limited quantities, but doesn't bother to resupply DD service operators with keys.

I bought borderlands goty and got the key and activated it on steam. It shows up as borderlands and not borderlands goty the download is 12gb is the dlc in this or?

legacyzero

Banned
Ugh. I wish we could knock another $5 off of Spec Ops because of Nolan North hahaha

I cant un-hear his voice anymore

bengraven

I bought borderlands goty and got the key and activated it on steam. It shows up as borderlands and not borderlands goty the download is 12gb is the dlc in this or?

I noticed this, too, and yet if you shift+tab in game it gives you two additional codes for Zombie Island and one other DLC, but not all of them. I'm going to assume the other ones are part of it.

I'll log into the game and try and access all the areas to see if it works (I have a save file from a non-steam version I got a couple years ago).

Tony, I really really want to get sword of the stars 2, but it's in the plentiful pack and I want the Plethora pack (because of the crusader kings 2 dlc) and not on sale by itself

Is there anything you can do based amazon god?

Lol unfortunately no, if you wanted to get SOTS though you could buy the Pint Sized Pack and the Plentiful pack for the same as the Plethora and you'd be good to go.

Bioshock Dual Pack cost less than Bioshock 1 bought individually. What's the trick?
I'm not at home right now, can I buy the game tomorrow/tuesday at the same price?

Yep the bioshock pack will be available through 7/14. As for the reason for the individual pricing, we're running "50% off the catalog with great deals on specific bundles".

I noticed this, too, and yet if you shift+tab in game it gives you two additional codes for Zombie Island and one other DLC, but not all of them. I'm going to assume the other ones are part of it.

I'll log into the game and try and access all the areas to see if it works (I have a save file from a non-steam version I got a couple years ago).

Did this answer your question? This is the correct answer. It shows up as "Borderlands" but all the DLC is there.

Cheers,
Tony

Tess3ract

Banned
Still missing the African Unit DLC, Songs of the Caliph DLC, and Sword of Islam DLC but I imagine those will go on sale on steam whenever they do theirs.

Wouldn't mind seeing a king Arthur II sale. That game looks pretty awesome.
You and me both.

Souther

Banned
I see alot of people complaining on Amazon in the comments about games using Origin. Is it really that much of a pain in the ass?

It's actually stopped me from potentially buying some games. But when it comes to Steam i don't think twice. Steam is just so damn simple.

Also, i enjoy FPS's but I am not really big on playing MP. And I know that games like BF3 and MW3 are all about the MP..Is it worth buying either of these for their SP?

cametall

I regretted buying Syndicate for PC as soon as the game play started.

Holy shitty FOV Batman! Doesn't look like you can change it either. Keep damn console games on consoles if you can't be bothered to let us adjust FOV and bloom settings...

I can't go 10 minutes without feeling sick. At least dinky ole Quantum Conundrum let us adjust it via text files.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I see alot of people complaining on Amazon in the comments about games using Origin. Is it really that much of a pain in the ass?

It's actually stopped me from potentially buying some games. But when it comes to Steam i don't think twice. Steam is just so damn simple.

Amazon comments, there are people there that complain about Steam too.

which version of max payne 3 will allow for steam achievements?

The one that says Steam on the page.

Hey Tony I can't redeem my Bad Company 2 code either on origin or their website. Is it not origin based?

It should work on Origin. Here's what I'd recommend:

1. Contact Origin CS
2. If they can't help contact Amazon CS and they will reissue a key

Sorry dude. I've not heard of people having issues with BF2 before.

Cheers,
Tony

It should work on Origin. Here's what I'd recommend:

1. Contact Origin CS
2. If they can't help contact Amazon CS and they will reissue a key

Sorry dude. I've not heard of people having issues with BF2 before.

Cheers,
Tony

OK cool Tony thanks for always been responsive and helpful. Its always very much appreciated.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm going to buy Bioshock again aren't I? How are the PC versions?

Edit: Bought it regardless. My favorite series this gen.

Since we got ourselves a representative from Amazon let me ask these:
  1. Will there be a Fallout Bundle/Pack?
  2. Will there be a sale on Crusader Kings DLCs, especially on Sword of Islam?

Tess3ract

Banned
Just letting you know tony I'm heavily debating Duke Nukem and The Darkness 2 for those prices, but....I don't know if I can buy them yet, I haven't even beaten the darkness 1.

I want them but ughhhh

Elginer

Just bit on Spec Ops and also Max Payne 2, how could I not, it was 5 bucks! Damn you Amazon for assaulting my wallet. You're going to do this all damn month long, I just know it!!!

Damage done so far.

Syndicate
Spec Ops
Max Payne 2

awaiting
Binary Domain
NFS Hot Pursuit

IsayFever

Was hoping that Bioshock 2 stand alone would be cheaper than the bundle seeing as how I own Bioshock 1 already. Oh well, double dip time

Click the little arrow to the right of the "Originally Posted by..." message to jump to the post that was quoted.

9KACj.gif

By the way, how long will the Bioshock deal will last? I'm waiting for a refund from Amazon to buy that pack. Will I make it or miss it?

My, do I feel like a fool. Could someone explain to me what the point of the Plethora of Paradox Games pack is when you can buy the Plentiful and Pint Sized Paradox Bundles for the same price and get an additional two games?

My, do I feel like a fool. Could someone explain to me what the point of the Plethora of Paradox Games pack is when you can buy the Plentiful and Pint Sized Paradox Bundles for the same price and get an additional two games?

Sorry I've explained this a couple of times, sorry if you missed it.

The Pint Sized package was built specifically for the early adopters of the first Plentiful Package. If you notice we aren't merchandising it on site, nor is it in any of our emails.

We sold thousands of copies of the original Plentiful Package, and then came up with the Plethora, so the Pint Sized was created specifically for the first Plentiful Package buyers so they wouldn't feel cheated by buying early.

Cheers,
Tony

Same with the Civilization Packs, that's why I'm waiting for a refund.

Top Bottom