• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

hwy_61

Banned
Does Activision have a history shutting servers down for older COD games? I'm ready to pull the trigger on Black Ops, but I don't want to be stuck with an unplayable game come November.

Elginer

Does Activision have a history shutting servers down for older COD games? I'm ready to pull the trigger on Black Ops, but I don't want to be stuck with an unplayable game come November.

They don't seem to be EA, so I think you're good. I still play MW2 and it works fine.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Will definitely grab Burnout Paradise and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Shame about Origin though, wish they used Steam...

On the fence with Max Payne 3. It's only £19, but then again given the lukewarm reception, and if LA Noire is any indication, I might be able o pick it up for a fiver not much later.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
No, you can play any multiplayer on any COD ever released on PC. The matchmaking is kinda slow depending on party size on MW2 though.

Is this the coop or SP?
SP. I don't have any friends dumb enough to purchase it. Maybe when it hits 5$ I'll sucker a couple in.

On the fence with Max Payne 3. It's only £19, but then again given the lukewarm reception, and if LA Noire is any indication, I might be able o pick it up for a fiver not much later.

LA Noire is not an indication. lol. Max Payne 3 probably had 10 times the budget.

lol no. LA Noire had a massive budget and an incredibly long development time too.

long development because they had problems yes

edit - I don't even care anyway, just saying LA Noires price drop was unusual for any game much less a rockstar produced game and not to be used as an indicator imo.

Alex

should i get

The Darkness II or Spec Ops?

I vote for The Darkness II, because that looks pretty great and Spec Ops... Ugh, that setting alone has worn so thin to even look at by now, for me.

All I really remember about Spec Ops anyway is that they used to do terrible budget releases of them on the PSone back in the day for like 9.99 and they'd always chart and we'd laugh at that back when NeoGAF was Gaming-Age Forums.

LA Noire is not an indication. lol. Max Payne 3 probably had 10 times the budget.

lol no. LA Noire had a massive budget and an incredibly long development time too.

long development because they had problems yes

edit - I don't even care anyway, just saying LA Noires price drop was unusual for any game much less a rockstar produced game and not to be used as an indicator imo.

The R&D for their terrible face capture technique probably cost quite a bit as well.

And that doesn't add to the production cost? LA Noire was one of the most expensive games ever made. It's probably not even possible for MP3's budget to be more than 2x LA Noire's, let alone 10x.

you really care about this. you win.

Sounds like you guys are using the price action on the PC Download as your point of reference for L.A. Noire. This is silly.

The PC Download came out MONTHS after the console release, which was not heavily discounted out of the gate.

When the PC Download "Launched" the game was waaaaayyyyyyyy outside of the launch sales curve and well into the standard promotional period.

Contrasted to MP3, which was only off from day and date on the consoles by what? Weeks?
Cheers,
Tony

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Yeah, I asked about this earlier.

I really doubt there was a PC port of VCS or that this is a downloadable code for the PSN version. I'm guessing this is true Vice City and it's a typo.

tony confirmed it was a typo several pages back, its vice city

legacyzero

Banned
COD2, 4, MW2, W@W, and Black Ops are all running strong!

Sounds like you guys are using the price action on the PC Download as your point of reference for L.A. Noire. This is silly.

The PC Download came out MONTHS after the console release, which was not heavily discounted out of the gate.

When the PC Download "Launched" the game was waaaaayyyyyyyy outside of the launch sales curve and well into the standard promotional period.

Contrasted to MP3, which was only off from day and date on the consoles by what? Weeks?
Cheers,
Tony
Oh no no no, please don't get drawn into sales-age discussions here. Next thing you know you will be posting here all day and find yourself out of a job and then who will tell us about upcoming Amazon sales? WHO?

legacyzero

Banned
Oh no no no, please don't get drawn into sales-age discussions here. Next thing you know you will be posting here all day and find yourself out of a job and then who will tell us about upcoming Amazon sales? WHO?
THIS.

Tony dont get sucked into that kinda debate here. It never ends well.

undecided

I have been going back and forth all day but I think I am going to bite on Spec Ops.. I'm in the mood for a shooter and I am interested to see how their story goals actually work/don't.

EDIT: Forgot about Sales Tax kicking in for Texas today.. I hope the texas politicians enjoy their extra gold plated belt buckles.

Watevaman

Well, I went into this sale thinking I was going to get at least MP3, Darkness 2, and Syndicate.

What I have come out with so far is simply Darkness 2 and, reading all about how the story is awesome, a big hankering for Spec Ops. Probably going to get it if the Steam sales roll around before the 14th and don't have it for less than 50% off.

So uhh Tony.

I'm not sure if you guys did this on purpose, but for the URL to the Spec Ops: The Line Pc download page

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085NTITS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The end of the URL, the games identifier I would assume, spells out Boobs and Tits.

Was this intentional? If not, that's god damn hilarious.

Jesus Christ xD

Lol, those unique identifiers are randomly generated...but yes, that has been brought up in the office, and chuckled about, multiple times.

Cheers,
Tony

legacyzero

Banned
Well, I went into this sale thinking I was going to get at least MP3, Darkness 2, and Syndicate.

What I have come out with so far is simply Darkness 2 and, reading all about how the story is awesome, a big hankering for Spec Ops. Probably going to get it if the Steam sales roll around before the 14th and don't have it for less than 50% off.
I was very reluctant to buy Spec Ops at first.

But then I jumped in. The game is getting better and better by the minute. Its really sucking me in.

The game (just minutes ago) Just put me into a situation where I had no choice but to act, and the outcome left me mortified.

The last time I felt that mortified because of a game was "No Russian" from Modern Warfare 2.

Well worth the $25 so far.

Megasoum

Banned
I was very reluctant to buy Spec Ops at first.

But then I jumped in. The game is getting better and better by the minute. Its really sucking me in.

The game (just minutes ago) Just put me into a situation where I had no choice but to act, and the outcome left me mortified.

The last time I felt that mortified because of a game was "No Russian" from Modern Warfare 2.

Well worth the $25 so far.

I heard good things about the story but everybody was saying the gameplay wasn't good (and I really didn't like the demo either). I ended up reading the story on wikipedia and now I really regret it. I should had "fought" through the subpar gameplay to experience the story which is quite good.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
guys, is duke nukem forever worth it if only for shits and giggles? i never played a duke nukem title, but i've heard of its infamous development

i won't be buying the bundle, but i want borderlands and possibly duke nukem, please someone talk me out of it ( or into it)

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Have they mentioned a date for Binary Domain yet? I'm interested, but if it won't go on sale until late July, I'll pick up something else instead.

Alex

Syndicate is a lot better than I figured it'd be, game has some seriously great style and weight to it. Kinda feels like the whole Killzone gig done properly. I wouldnt drop sixty on it, because it takes a pretty incredible piece of software to get me to even consider that, and I'm not big on FPS's, but this is a nice game for the 15 bucks.

Too bad they didn't just... call it something else. Probably would've wound up a little more positive on the cult side of things if they didn't have to slap an unnecessary franchise onto it.

Eusis

Syndicate is a lot better than I figured it'd be, game has some seriously great style and weight to it. Kinda feels like the whole Killzone gig done properly. I wouldnt drop sixty on it, because it takes a pretty incredible piece of software to get me to even consider that, and I'm not big on FPS's, but this is a nice game for the 15 bucks.

Too bad they didn't just... call it something else. Probably would've wound up a little more positive on the cult side of things if they didn't have to slap an unnecessary franchise onto it.
Or if they made a traditional installment alongside this. I half expect that if the FPS X-com isn't an outright piece of shit it's going to be received WAY better as a result of the traditional game's existence.

Alex

When is the last time we even saw the X-Com FPS? I wonder if it'll just wind up getting canned.

Top Bottom