• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Ninja'ed...apprently Neloice is the fastest poster...on the planet

I have a separate document open with all of the recent responses that I'll respond to individually.

Since it seems like there is a rabid need for an update right now though (yes I still like you guys):

Upcoming Deals for July:

Sega Deals:

July 4-14:

Binary Domain: $9.99
Shogun 2 Total War: Fall of the Samurai: $7.49
Virtua Tennis 4: $4.99 - Still making page

July 4-6:

Total War Bundle: $29.99 - Still making page
Empire: Total War
Napolean: Total War Imperial Edition
Total War Shogun 2
Total War: Rome Gold Edition
Total War: Rome Alexander
Total War Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai
Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai
Total War: Medieval 2 Gold
Sonic 4 Bundle $12.49:
Sonic 4 Episode 1
Sonic 4 Episode 2
Sonic CD
Dreamcast Collection - $4.99

Football Manager 2012+Virtua Tennis 4 Dual Pack $12.49

Sega Oldschool Pack - $12.49:
Renegade Ops
Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack
Renegade Ops Cold Strike DLC
Sega Classics Pack 1
Sega Classics Pack 2
Sega Classics Pack 3
Sega Classics Pack 4
Sega Classics Pack 5 - still getting this live but it is the newest one of these packs with Phantasy Star in it.
Sonic CD
After 7/6 and through 7/14 individual games in the packs will revert to a 50% discount

EA Deals:

7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

7/6-7/8
Battlefield 3 + Battlefield Premium - $79.99
Mass Effect 3 - $35.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - $47.99
ME1 + ME2 DD + Mass Effect 3 DD - $59.99

7/8-14
Plants vs. Zombies - $4.99
FIFA Manager 12 - 9.99
FIFA Soccer 12 - 9.99
NHL 09 - 4.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - 4.99
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters - 9.99
Madden NFL 08 - 4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - 4.98
Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack - 7.49
Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack - 14.99
Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack - 11.24
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 4.99
Alice: Madness Returns - $4.99
Bulletstorm - $4.99
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising - $4.99
Dead Space - $4.99
Dead Space 2 - $4.99

7/12-14
Need for Speed: The Run - $9.99
THQ Bundle 7/8-7/14 $14.99:

1. Darksiders
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC
5. Nexuiz
6. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

I just sent this to Neloice, and although I don't have links for all the pages yet. I'll continue to update throughout the course of today.

Cheers,
Tony

Fantastic sales, Tony! Will spend A LOT of money! :D

Now, please dont scare me - I dont see Kingdom of Amalur in there! :(

gdt

I get why but it really sucks that you guys don't support paypal. I'm having some technical issues and won't be able to use my credit card for the next couple of weeks. Paypal taking the money directly out of my bank account is the best thing ever (or the worst...depending how you see it lol).

Amazon does Amazon Payments, a competitor to pp. Do they also use your bank account?

Working on it, along with the rest of the responses, stay tuned. I'll be dark for the next hour or so while i set stuff up and respond.

Remember to help a brother out and spread the word :)...or don't and just continue to enjoy the sales!

Cheers,
Tony

I got 2 people to spend money on Amazon already, Darkness II and Black Ops respectively. One hand washes the other my man.

Yaska

Hey Tony, will there be a deal on BF3 digital standalone without the premium when the bundle goes on sale?

LiK

Working on it, along with the rest of the responses, stay tuned. I'll be dark for the next hour or so while i set stuff up and respond.

Remember to help a brother out and spread the word :)...or don't and just continue to enjoy the sales!

Cheers,
Tony

you're in charge of @amazongames right? ;)

7/6-7/8
Battlefield 3 + Battlefield Premium - $79.99
Sooo....tempting I think I may jump on this even with it being Origin/EA. It'll hold me over till October when the new games X-com, Dishonored hit.

ME1 + ME2 DD + Mass Effect 3 DD - $59.99
Great deal for anyone who has not played it. Shame EA has no complete edition ME2 with all the DLC and you have to deal with the Bioware store. Next year EA could make a Trilogy collection with all DLC....

nyong

Banned
One more note on Mercenaries 2:

The store description is incorrect and should contain a note that the publisher has closed the MP servers. Co-op no longer works for this game...would probably save you guys the hassle of processing refunds and/or pissing off customers for something you have no control over.

Danj

Binary Domain, Total War Bundle (I've never played / don't own any Total War games, so might as well pick them all up at once) and Dead Space 2 for me I think. Plus I might take a punt on C&C4 for 5 bucks even though I've heard it's bad, I'm a sucker for C&C games.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I already bought Max Payne and Spec Ops and Syndicate... now your just gonna parade Fall of the Samurai, Alice, and Binary Domain around in front of my face like this? What do you want from me Amazon? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?

Amazon is a naked Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2 and I'm the biker dude that just got thrown over the hot stove. Only instead of "Here take it!" and tossing my keys, its my Visa.

I already bought Max Payne and Spec Ops and Syndicate... now your just gonna parade Fall of the Samurai, Alice, and Binary Domain around in front of my face like this? What do you want from me Amazon? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?

Id say your money, but after July, it will be your love and devotion :D

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'll be spending the 4th playing Spelunky... but def picking up BD

played through it twice on 360... so good

you guys

iNvid02

Damnit, more amazing deals! Please get Paypal as an option so I can throw some money at you like a pole dancer.

its amazon, they have their own rival payment system, so paypal isnt happening

just use your CC and a random US address and it should work

Detox

I've been thinking of a way to get around the international transaction fee some banks charge for non-US buyers. Could we buy gift vouchers on our UK account redeem it and then use the money on on our account to purchase games from the US store?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Sent you an annoying PM, Tony, but I guess you're already above the PM maximum by now :D

Also, does the list you posted _all_ deals for this sale, or will there be late/surprise deals along the way?

DagsJT

I've been thinking of a way to get around the international transaction fee some banks charge for non-US buyers. Could we buy gift vouchers on our UK account redeem it and then use the money on on our account to purchase games from the US store?

It was suggested to me earlier that we can buy Visa top-up cards and use those instead of a bank card. Not sure I could be bothered with that though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bought Rayman Origins for my Vita and renewed my Prime account with it.

iNvid02

My bank charges for foreign transactions, Paypal is the only way I'd be able to avoid these charges.

oh right, barclays charges me as well for non-£ transactions,, but its a very small amount due to the value of the transactions (usually games or music)

also, bulletstorm for $4.99 is a steal - awesome game

Binary Domain is so mine. I might pick up The Saboteur too depending on the price. Was always interested in that one but never got around to it.

legacyzero

Banned
oh right, barclays charges me as well for non-£ transactions,, but its a very small amount due to the value of the transactions (usually games or music)

also, bulletstorm for $4.99 is a steal - awesome game
This.

Dont think about it and just do it.

Oh and what are the chances we can see some more Capcom and Ubisoft stuff? I'm looking for:

-dead rising 2
-Lost planet 2

-Ass creed revelations
-Driver San Fran.

$5 a peice for those would be glorious, and steam is a must.

Empire, Napoleon and all of Shogun 2 are Steamworks. Rome and M2 is up in the air. I know GMG sells Rome and M2 steam keys, not sure about amazon.

For that pack, only the steamworks version will be steam keys, we couldn't get Steam keys from Sega in time as they are out of Europe.

I got 2 people to spend money on Amazon already, Darkness II and Black Ops respectively. One hand washes the other my man.

WOOT WOOOT!!!!

Hey Tony, will there be a deal on BF3 digital standalone without the premium when the bundle goes on sale?

Negative :(.

you're in charge of @amazongames right? ;)

I am not, I contribute to it but that guy is a team effort. What's up?

One more note on Mercenaries 2:

The store description is incorrect and should contain a note that the publisher has closed the MP servers. Co-op no longer works for this game...would probably save you guys the hassle of processing refunds and/or pissing off customers for something you have no control over.

I'm adding this to the detail page now. Thanks for the heads up man!

any deal on just Battlefield Premium ?

Not this round :(.

This is what I need.

Woohoo!!

Sent you an annoying PM, Tony, but I guess you're already above the PM maximum by now :D

Also, does the list you posted _all_ deals for this sale, or will there be late/surprise deals along the way?

Ha not annoying, responded. Look forward to hearing back from you man!

We're still waiting to hear back from Square Enix :).

I think that EA package is going to be bought.

You get 5 codes right? not a package code?

Yep, 5 codes, not a package code.

The Mass Effect deal isn't that good considering they had 1&2 for $10 total.

It isn't the best deal but it also isn't the worst ever. I'm actually lobbying to bring back the $11.99 pack soon.

So I take it Bulletstorm isn't Steam activate-able?

Negative ghost rider.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,

Anyone here have a video game tattoo? If so, I might soon be joining the club.

As many of you know, I am a HUGE Borderlands fan and couldn’t be more excited about Borderlands 2. 2K and I have decided to put together a program to help express how excited I am about this game. Between now and launch, if Amazon.com takes 40,000 more preorders than we have right now, I will get a Borderlands Tattoo on my upper back when the game launches. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be posting this in Cheap Ass Gamer and Reddit as well if you guys frequent those forums.

Here's a link to our page with the 10% off and premier club offer:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008ALUBYQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Cheers,
Tony

amrod

Hey guys,

As many of you know, I am a HUGE Borderlands fan and couldn’t be more excited about Borderlands 2. 2K and I have decided to put together a program to help express how excited I am about this game. Between now and launch, if Amazon.com takes 40,000 more preorders than we have right now, I will get a Borderlands Tattoo on my upper back when the game launches. Let me know what you guys think, I'll be posting this in Cheap Ass Gamer and Reddit as well if you guys frequent those forums.

Cheers,
Tony

Steam key?

garath

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

Any chance you guys are going to run a 4-pack like steam did when Borderlands 1 released?

Ledsen

Hey guys,

Cheers,
Tony

Holy shit man you should really think this through... this is one of those things you might REALLY regret later, unless you're a tattoo fiend who already has tons of them.

Top Bottom