• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Neki

lying customer service and a broken client, I tried to download crysis 2 times and the client goes past 100% and keeps dloading forever, no thanks, if I can redeem in steam, perfect, otherwise, no thank you.

I find Origin customer service 100x better than Steam customer service.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
FYI some of the folks in that steam summer sale thread (the one I was banned from ironically), mentioned that they were really bummed they missed out on the Dragon Age+Dragon Age 2 pack for $10...so we brought it back. It will be available for $9.99 through Saturday:

Unless the name was red, you don't actually have to do what someone says.

Alex

I find Origin customer service 100x better than Steam customer service.

Steam has customer service?

It does, but you have to wait for their ticket system. It took me nine days to get a generic, robotic response that didn't help at all the last time I had a problem. Valve is small and doesn't have much CS. Luckily they don't need much as their systems are polished and it's mostly on third parties but for the few things you might have an issue it can be a bit of a pain..

When I had a problem on Origin, I got it fixed fairly quick and in general the service has been good to me. I'm not about to go buying games on it normally, but as an outlet for EA titles I do not mind it.

Syndicate is a really nice game, by the by, probably my favorite from Starbreeze. Basically Deus Ex Arcade, stripped down and gussied up, but it flows really well and everything works great. Game oozes style to an absurd degree, as well. Not something I'd drop sixty on, personally, but I very much enjoy it. I hear the multiplayer scene is fairly dead though, so I'm going to have to hope I can get as much as possible done with one or two other people since apparently the co-op won't scale. =/

Rule no. 1 of multiplayer design, a rule that is ignored way too often: make your shit scale.

wait what, how did you get banned from a single thread?

Unfortunately our Steam thread is starting to spawn some really fanthing like behavior from a few spots. I totally understand a few of the concerns in there but ultimately this is not the shit I sign up for when I'm playing PC games. PC gaming is supposed to be a damn vacation from platform wars and other bullshit.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Unfortunately our Steam thread is starting to spawn some really fanthing like behavior from a few spots. I totally understand a few of the concerns in there but ultimately this is not the shit I sign up for when I'm playing PC games. PC gaming is supposed to be a damn vacation from platform wars and other bullshit.

I don't like this attitude, trying to make these people's concerns sound like system wars. It's not platform wars. It's a bit different when someone who works for a company is posting in a thread for the competitor. I don't really have a problem with it, I really like Tony and I'm a bit annoyed the Steam sale hasn't started yet, but it is kinda weird and I think their concerns are legitimate.

I played 50 hours solo and loved it.

Thanks, I think I'm going to buy it. It isn't likely Steam would have it cheaper this summer, right? That's a 75% price cut already.

Alex

I don't like this attitude, trying to make these people's concerns sound like system wars. It's not platform wars. It's a bit different when someone who works for a company is posting in a thread for the competitor. I don't really have a problem with it, I really like Tony and I'm a bit annoyed the Steam sale hasn't started yet, but it is kinda weird and I think their concerns are legitimate.

I think some of them are totally legitimate and on the whole it's largely fine but I do think specific others are awkward and fanboyish and it's a little depressing

While I like Steam a lot, evidenced by the fact that every damn game that pops up my first question is "CAN IT GO ON STEAM, YO", I really am not interested in platform wars on the damned PC. It'd be nice to keep it as a reprieve away from the bullshit you often have to deal with wading into dedicated hardware threads.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
FYI some of the folks in that steam summer sale thread (the one I was banned from ironically), mentioned that they were really bummed they missed out on the Dragon Age+Dragon Age 2 pack for $10...so we brought it back. It will be available for $9.99 through Saturday:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P28VBM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Price should flip soon.

Cheers,
Tony

Awww, I didn't see that one! I bought the DA:O Ultimate by itself :(

As for the tattoo, I'm conflicted on that one. I can understand the mushroom one because Mario has been relevant coming up on 30 years. I honestly don't see that happening for Borderlands.

I've avoided DA 2 up until now. I don't how many more sales I can resist, than I remember the one complaint that I've heard from many people, which immediately turns me off, ridiculously recycled locations.

Zizbuka

Banned
tony... dead rising 2 PC. Must have......... braaaaaaaaaaaaains :)

Yeah, my son's dying for this. I got him his own Steam account a couple of years ago, he played hundreds of hours on my account.

I don't remember, is Dead Rising 2 Steamworks?

Awww, I didn't see that one! I bought the DA:O Ultimate by itself :(

As for the tattoo, I'm conflicted on that one. I can understand the mushroom one because Mario has been relevant coming up on 30 years. I honestly don't see that happening for Borderlands.

Lol it will be super relevant to me...because I like the game. As for those who it isn't relevant to, which is what matters to me :).

FFS i have been trying to get Battlefield 2 to let me play online ALL day...keeps telling me invalid cd key....fml

Tony when exactly will Binary Domain go on sale?

Dates are in the OP. BD starts on 7/4.

Cheers,
Tony

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Lol it will be super relevant to me...because I like the game. As for those who it isn't relevant to, which is what matters to me :).

Enough to get inked? You must have really liked the game.

It took me around 7 years to finalize on the tattoo I finally got. And did you say you already have the mushroom or is it something you're planning on getting?

I got another key from Amazon but it still doesn't work! I have to assume the problem is with EA but I can't work out how to get in a Live chat with them now!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

Just posting how great this deal is again. I'm so ready for this. Have we heard if this is coming tomorrow?

Just posting how great this deal is again. I'm so ready for this. Have we heard if this is coming tomorrow?

Glad you're psyched :). We're up in the air about tomorrow still, the OPS team is working on it though.

I got another key from Amazon but it still doesn't work! I have to assume the problem is with EA but I can't work out how to get in a Live chat with them now!

Dude Im having the same problems .

What game? I'd like to be able to start running down a potential problem on our end.

Maybe he meant game specific. Like that mushroom's been in 100 mario games, but if he got the Borderlands logo or a specific character that will distinguish itself more.

So what did you mean by this? Aren't you already?

See Derrick's response, I got the 1UP mushroom to celebrate my first year in the VG industry, but it wasn't really game specific.

Cheers,
Tony

legacyzero

Banned
Syndicate is tempting the hell out of me. Somebody talk me out of it =/

Hey Tony. Can we expect some awesome Capcom and Ubisoft sales too?

Dead Rising 2
Lost Planet 2

Driver San Fran
Assassins Creed

They gotta be Steam keys though. At least for me.

EDIT: I guess DR2 isn't steam active :(

Derrick01

Banned

It's the worst game I have played that came out in 2012 so far.

Yeah I know, I hate everything and blah blah, but this was excruciatingly bad and I had to stop half way through. I'm also someone who completes almost everything I play, so that's an added bonus on how bad it was.

Weenerz

Banned
Tony, can you see if Activision can put up Soldier of Fortune 2? I want it and buying it used is risky, don't want a banned key.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Hi Tony,

There is something really unusual about the digital distribution version of GTA IV collections. Says it's not windows 7 compatible in the amazon description and others mention the installer is broken.

A) any chance of a GTA collections sale?
B) does this work on steam
C) does it work on windows 7? (seems odd that this version doesn't work on win7)

Edit: here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006BEZQRG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thanks in advance for replying :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Alright Tony, explain yourself. B0085NTITS, eh?

Cb82M.png

Via Reddit

Explain that awful compressed wallpaper!

volturnus

Banned
Most likely people are going to do the exact opposite, since the co-op is awesome and the campaign, even if short, has fun gunplay and an ''old-school'' structure with boss fights and all that, something you don't see very often. It doesn't have different paths and/or approaches like Deus Ex or PD, but the skills are fun to use, and the art is phenomenal.

maus

The desire to play a new NBA 2k game popped in my head tonight so I opened this thread hoping for a deal and bam, ten bucks. Seems a liiittle steep considering the season is over and I think the 2k games come out on steam at like $30, but I went and read a ton of praise for the PC version so I pulled the trigger. Excited to play a few games with Jeremy Lin tonight.

Alex

Most likely people are going to do the exact opposite, since the co-op is awesome and the campaign, even if short, has fun gunplay and an ''old-school'' structure with boss fights and all that, something you don't see very often. It doesn't have different paths and/or approaches like Deus Ex or PD, but the skills are fun to use, and the art is phenomenal.

Yup, I like it quite a bit too thus far, great game for the price. It's simple but everything it does is quite solid, the guns and skills all feel great and polished and the game just oozes style. Going to start the co-op later tonight with a couple friends.

I'll probably actually even replay the campaign on a higher difficulty, that's something I rarely bother to do anymore.

EDIT: I guess DR2 isn't steam active :(

GFWL, and while I've never really had problems with it DR2 was the one game that really threw a shit fit on my machine, personally. Might just be me, but it took me like an hour to stamp out little quirks in it's implementation whereas everyone else was largely just install and boot without any problems.

sazzy

Just post Steam keys or Steamworks titles over in the Steam thread - that shouldn't ruffle the feathers of the Gabe-worshipping folk over there.

Eusis

So, all of these deals are PC only, correct?
There might be some that apply to Mac either due to a Mac version offered or Steam having a Mac version (Civilization V?), but more or less you're correct. No console or handheld deals far as I can tell.

I've asked this before but never seen anything, do you know when you'll next run an Ubisoft sale?

August, sorry I missed this
Has the shooter pack been updated with Steam keys for Bioshock/2 yet? There's no real indication on the page.

Working on it, the OPS guys got buried today, I'm hoping tonight but it might be tomorrow. Apparently the system that publishes products is going REALLLY slow today so we have new bundles created (with steam keys) but we can't get them up on the site to buy.

So, all of these deals are PC only, correct?

Yes.

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom