• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

where's the EA pack :(:(

FYI, the boys are working on it over here. For as clear an explanation as I think I can give (because I'm not 100% sure what I was told from a technical perspective) we made a bunch of bundles, all at the same time, and then they started selling like bacon wrapped flapjacks, this caused the piece of software that makes bundles work freak out.

As a result, new bundles are taking forever to go live.

Stay tuned, I promise there is NOTHING else our OPS guy is working on right now.

As an aside, I'm really hoping this thing takes off from a sales perspective because I made our OPS dude come in at 4:00AM this morning to start working on it lol.

Peace,
Tony

I play it just fine on Windows 7. Typo maybe?

I'd say GTA 4 isn't compatible with PCs, the huge system requirements make the game unplayable for me :(
Yet I don't think using Windows 7 64bit didn't cause all that lag. It worked for me. On steam if it matters.

Jobacca

Neo Member
I play it fine on Windows 7 on Steam. But that amazon version has a bunch of negative reviews... sounds like it really doesn't work perhaps?

Ah I see. I have it on Steam as well.. I wonder what would be so different that it works on one but not the other?

sazzy

FYI, the boys are working on it over here. For as clear an explanation as I think I can give (because I'm not 100% sure what I was told from a technical perspective) we made a bunch of bundles, all at the same time, and then they started selling like bacon wrapped flapjacks, this caused the piece of software that makes bundles work freak out.

As a result, new bundles are taking forever to go live.

Stay tuned, I promise there is NOTHING else our OPS guy is working on right now.

As an aside, I'm really hoping this thing takes off from a sales perspective because I made our OPS dude come in at 4:00AM this morning to start working on it lol.

Peace,
Tony

Oh man. Forward them a hearty thanks from GAF! :D

sazzy

Ah I see. I have it on Steam as well.. I wonder what would be so different that it works on one but not the other?

from the user reviews i've read, seems to be a problem with their downloader program.

i've only used it twice and its worked fine, so it might be game-specific. dunno.

Megasoum

Banned
We're selling the Steam version....

Peace,
Tony

ROFL

Edit: And yeah I played both GTA 4 and Episodes on Win7 without any problems (except the shitty FPS but that's just normal for GTA4...)

from the user reviews i've read, seems to be a problem with their downloader program.

i've only used it twice and its worked fine, so it might be game-specific. dunno.

Well it is a G4WL game (even the steam version) so maybe that's why they are having some problems... That's to be expected with G4WL (and has nothing to do with Amazon).

codhand

Edit: And yeah I played both GTA 4 and Episodes on Win7 without any problems (except the shitty FPS but that's just normal for GTA4...)

Well it is a G4WL game (even the steam version) so maybe that's why they are having some problems... That's to be expected with G4WL (and has nothing to do with Amazon).

I think this, because I get "could not validate product key" errors on my Steam version of GTAIV, it has never worked, I have uni/reinstalled, "validated game data" delete Steam config, or whatever, nothing. Seems like G4WL issue, just not sure how to fix it.

Jobacca

Neo Member

Same. As someone just said, could be GFWL causing the problems. Sucks that Amazon gets the bad review though, its out of their control.

Just a heads up, Bioshock 2 does NOT have 360 controller support or any other gamepad support. Which is a shame, because the first Bioshock had great controller support.

codhand

Just a heads up, Bioshock 2 does NOT have 360 controller support or any other gamepad support. Which is a shame, because the first Bioshock had great controller support.

Weird, doesn't do much to help the opinion that b2 is vastly inferior. Not that I feel that way...

I got off a live chat with EA and they say the code is already connected to my Origin account then said it was a issue with Amazon :/ sent another email to Amazon to see if they will give me a third code :/

sazzy

I got off a live chat with EA and they say the code is already connected to my Origin account then said it was a issue with Amazon :/ sent another email to Amazon to see if they will give me a third code :/

EA's live chat support is terrible.

FWIW I didn't even bother trying to register Bad Company 2 on Origin, just downloaded it from Amazon and entered the key during installation.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seems like the US address only thing is only for real object purchases. Digital game codes aren't affected.

FYI I know someone was asking about Payday at one point.

I don't have DLC info.

I do have sale info.

7/4-7/14:

Single game will be $4.99
4-Pack will be $14.99.

Enjoy

Peace,
Tony

Man, I have been itching to buy GTAIV even though I already played the hell out of it on console.

I want to see it running on a good PC.

Im trying to convince myself to hold out for GTAV. :p

Megasoum

Banned
Nevermind...back to being happy then :)

Gonna mod the hell out of this game

That, on the other hand, might be a bit more problematic lol.

The last time I checked most of the mods (ENB for example) didn't work well with the latest version of the game which made the steam version of the game very difficult to mod since it's always up to date unlike the retail version.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436159

Takes some work but you can also get it running on the Steam version.

should I use this or ENB?

That, on the other hand, might be a bit more problematic lol.

The last time I checked most of the mods (ENB for example) didn't work well with the latest version of the game which made the steam version of the game very difficult to mod since it's always up to date unlike the retail version.

gah, this emotional roller coaster must stop now. you're tearing me apart, gaf!

i didn't activate it on steam, downloaded it directly from amazon to my hdd....maybe I'll get an unpatched version?

Jobacca

Neo Member
Man, I have been itching to buy GTAIV even though I already played the hell out of it on console.

I want to see it running on a good PC.

Im trying to convince myself to hold out for GTAV. :p

Looks great actually. I like it much more than on console, surprisingly. Thought driving on a keyboard is a bit odd. Having to either go full speed or tap it to go slow. Otherwise, it plays fine for me. Id go for it!!

Looks great actually. I like it much more than on console, surprisingly. Thought driving on a keyboard is a bit odd. Having to either go full speed or tap it to go slow. Otherwise, it plays fine for me. Id go for it!!

If I bought it, Id use the 360 controller for PC. Mouse is great, but I dont do well with keyboard.

dont tempt me! :p

Hey Tony can you enlighten us on this subject, for non-us people?

If you can't talk on the subject as some people implied just say something else, thanks.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why I'm pissing and moaning about getting a localised version. If Amazon are banning accounts with faked addresses, I'd be extremely hesitant to buy anything from them (and certainly won't buy anything that can't be activated on Steam or Origin or similar).

Top Bottom