• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

CTE

Ladies and gentlemen, this is why I'm pissing and moaning about getting a localised version. If Amazon are banning accounts with faked addresses, I'd be extremely hesitant to buy anything from them (and certainly won't buy anything that can't be activated on Steam or Origin or similar).

He faked the actual address in the reddit post above not just used one he didn't live at. He made one up completely. I could see that being more of a problem than using a hotel or whatever. You need to use an actual address that shows up, not "123 Fake St."

ace spark

Neo Member
really interested in the bundle of battlefield 3 + premium but the price tag of $79.99 is a bit too expensive for me... I don't use origin but if this bundle was a bit cheaper I would've bought it and installed origin for this. anybody else share the same (battle)feel?

really interested in the bundle of battlefield 3 + premium but the price tag of $79.99 is a bit too expensive for me... I don't use origin but if this bundle was a bit cheaper I would've bought it and installed origin for this. anybody else share the same (battle)feel?

Yes. I go back and forth then I say to myself "If I haven't gotten it by now then I really don't want it". I played about 50 hours on the PS3 last year,

XEROWUN

Neo Member

the best price i got was 35.99 off amazon and 43.75 off greenmangaming when they were giving out a 10% voucher for doing a survey. totaled 79.74. for a game like BF3, it feels like the discounts will surely come quick. but its the whole time/money thing you gatta consider too.

Tess3ract

Banned
$80 for bf3 + premium is pretty good

premium is not going to go down in price whatsoever for a while, so it's like you're getting the game for $30 plus premium

That's about $7 bucks I would have saved if I had waited instead of buying it two weeks ago :(

ace spark

Neo Member
$80 for bf3 + premium is pretty good

premium is not going to go down in price whatsoever for a while, so it's like you're getting the game for $30 plus premium

That's about $7 bucks I would have saved if I had waited instead of buying it two weeks ago :(

The difference is that you have $7 worth of game for 2 weeks already and I don't have the game yet, and that for an indefinite amount of time. Still weighing on whether getting that game is worth installing origin, the software has some bad reputation.

Tess3ract

Banned
The difference is that you have $7 worth of game for 2 weeks already and I don't have the game yet, and that for an indefinite amount of time. Still weighing on whether getting that game is worth installing origin, the software has some bad reputation.
You don't need origin to run it, just to launch it and update it.

Megasoum

Banned
You don't need origin to run it, just to launch it and update it.

Isn't Premium 50$ (That's what I paid last week anyway) so that would make the base game 30$. Like I said you get a ton of content for that 80$ so it's not a bad deal but it's far from bomba material.

BrokenBox

If I get GTAIV: Complete, can you redeem both games on Steam? I noticed on the game page it lists them as two separate downloads. GTAIV has a Steam option, but not Episodes. Can someone let me know?

If I get GTAIV: Complete, can you redeem both games on Steam? I noticed on the game page it lists them as two separate downloads. GTAIV has a Steam option, but not Episodes. Can someone let me know?

Want to know this as well. Also would like to know if the complaints about GTA4 running like crap on PC are unfounded or not. I have a 7850 so I would think I'd be ok regardless.

Megasoum

Banned

I don't know the specifics with the Amazon package (Tony!!!!) but GTA4 and Episodes for Liberty City are considered 2 completely seperate games on Steam...which is really annoying btw. You have to download two 15gb games instead of the base game plus like 3-4gigs of DLC like on 360.

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 4 hours.
This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account.

:( This is the error I got when I purchased MW2

zoku88

I kinda want to get into Crusader Kings 2, but I'm a little scared. Watched the QL, still scared. :(

I haven't watched the QL (quick look?), but it's not really a difficult game to get into.

I've been teaching a coworker how to play by merely describing wise courses of action and he's seems to be somewhat successful.

Still waiting for the EA pack, do you have an ETA yet, Tony?

Just came over here to post an update. The system is still having issues actually putting the product up for sale. This is also affecting the Sega bundles for tomorrow. I literally just clicked a button that starts setting people's pagers off. My next step will be to travel with my laptop and sit in people's offices until we get this working.

Stay tuned.

Peace,
Tony

Einbroch

Banned
Just came over here to post an update. The system is still having issues actually putting the product up for sale. This is also affecting the Sega bundles for tomorrow. I literally just clicked a button that starts setting people's pagers off. My next step will be to travel with my laptop and sit in people's offices until we get this working.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Ahem.

Tony any idea why I received this error when trying to purchase COD MW2

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 4 hours.
This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account

K' Dash

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Thank you for the hard work man, you're the best.

Tony any idea why I received this error when trying to purchase COD MW2

You're stuck in the queue we use to make sure your little brother or child doesn't hop on your Amazon account and buy every game we offer with your CC.

They'll do a quick check to make sure it is legit and then you should be good.

Sorry for the hassle dude.

Peace,
Tony

Guys,

I have to post some delicious irony.

You guys know I was banned from the Steam forums right?

Check this out:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711515&page=718

Originally Posted by PastyPilgrim
For sure. I was jarateed that I missed the Dragon Age daily/weekly deal on Amazon a few days ago. It was like 7.50$ for each game, and I would have wanted that.

But $10 for both! That's a steal!

This guy doesn't even know that the reason he got that deal he's so clearly excited about it is specifically because I was paying attention to that thread and went back to the table for it.

I just thought I would share a reason why it is not a terrible idea to have direct interaction with guys setting up deals lol, not that I feel like I need to communicate this message to YOU guys, but I thought you'd find it funny.

Peace/Cheers,
Tony

ghostmind

Guys,

I have to post some delicious irony.

You guys know I was banned from the Steam forums right?

Check this out:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711515&page=718

Originally Posted by PastyPilgrim
For sure. I was jarateed that I missed the Dragon Age daily/weekly deal on Amazon a few days ago. It was like 7.50$ for each game, and I would have wanted that.

But $10 for both! That's a steal!

This guy doesn't even know that the reason he got that deal he's so clearly excited about it is specifically because I was paying attention to that thread and went back to the table for it.

I just thought I would share a reason why it is not a terrible idea to have direct interaction with guys setting up deals lol, not that I feel like I need to communicate this message to YOU guys, but I thought you'd find it funny.

Peace/Cheers,
Tony

And here I thought I had missed that deal - thanks for the heads-up!

Top Bottom