• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack updated.
mOir4.jpg

Also, I'm awaiting the most useless screenshot award.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Calling Mirrors Edge, Bulletstorm, Saboteur, Burnout Paradise? and Mercenaries 2.

The list of included items is in the OP:

EA Deals:

7/3 (or 7/4 depending on if we can get the bundle made) through 7/10:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:
Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror's Edge
The Saboteur

sazzy

damn i got all excited when i saw the top of that amazon pic :(

oh well back to arkham asylum. just started it, 2 hours in. so good

Have a couple of those on 360 already, but willing to double dip for them on PC. Always have wanted to play mirrors edge.

Same. Finally got an pretty solid PC so I could play D3, and now find myself spending almost all my gaming time on the PC. Definitely would like to have all those, especially Burnout Paradise, on PC. Will buy.

Now just need Arma II: CO and we'll be all set. : )

Same. Finally got an pretty solid PC so I could play D3, and now find myself spending almost all my gaming time on the PC. Definitely would like to have all those, especially Burnout Paradise, on PC. Will buy.

Now just need Arma II: CO and we'll be all set. : )

Lol same here. I'm eager to see how well certain pc games will stack up against the versions I played on 360, so I'm more than okay with double dipping.

Detox

Agree. As long as you can imagine your player wearing a helmet that looks like this.

CkHMW.jpg
This so much the worst part is there doesn't seem to be a fix. The coop seemed fun of what I played but it's rock hard with only 2 players definitely needs a bigger group.

Apdiddy

I don't know if this was covered earlier, but is Battlefield 2 Complete Collection Steam activated or is it an EA Origin download? I couldn't tell from the page, but it appears to not be on Steam.

EDIT: It is listed in Steam, just doesn't show that on the Amazon page.

I still can't get my Bad Company 2 code to work :/ Just tricked EA into thinking I have a problem with The Old Republic so I can get into a fucking live chat!

ghostmind

I still can't get my Bad Company 2 code to work :/ Just tricked EA into thinking I have a problem with The Old Republic so I can get into a fucking live chat!

I had to do the chat thing with EA for this one too - seems like the process for getting older titles registered in Origin is broken. Once I gave the rep the product code, he was able to manually add it to my Origin account.

legacyzero

Banned
Ugh, still deciding between Spec Ops and Syndicate. Both? Neither?

Definitely jumping on Binary Domain, though.
Spec. Ops is sleeper hit of the year in my opinion. I haven't even finished it yet, and its already paid for itself.

I was wondering about syndicate too, but GAF feedback seems too mixed for me to jump.

Spec. Ops is sleeper hit of the year in my opinion.

I was wondering about syndicate too, but GAF feedback seems too mixed for me to jump.

Awesome. Will definitely jump on Spec Ops, then. And yeah, hearing such mixed things about Syndicate. Still have a few more days to decide, haha.

Megasoum

Banned
Spec. Ops is sleeper hit of the year in my opinion. I haven't even finished it yet, and its already paid for itself.

God dammit... After trying the demo and watching the quicklook I really didn't want to play that game. I didn't even finish the demo I think. Because I've heard some good things about the story I decided to go read it on wikipedia and now I REALLY regret it. The story is good enough to "fight" your way through sub-par gameplay. If only the memory wipe thinhgy from Men in Black was real lol.

Megasoum

Banned
Was Mercs 2 really that bad? I mean how much different could it be from the first?

Oh god, please don't compare Merc 2 to the incredible game that was Merc 1. Merc 2 was one of the worst game I've played. To give you an idea to what kind of experience it offered. One of the first mission was to go and kill a guy. After running in circle for 4-5min around the dot on the map I realized that the NPC that I had to kill was INSIDE a wall.... fun times! And that's just one example of the terribles bugs you can find in that game.

Well bugs aside, I mean the formula was pretty simple in Mercs 1, they'd have to deviate pretty heavily to screw it up that bad. What exactly did they do differently?

codhand

Mirrors Edge, Bulletstorm, Saboteur, Burnout Paradise and Mercenaries 2

Sweet, only ones I've played are Burnout and Bulletstorm, definitely taking the Origin plunge for that deal. Heard really good things about Sabotuer and Mirrors Edge (obviously). Does Burnout Paradise look as good as I imagine on PC?

Also, so, Syndicate, no friends to play with, and if I play with strangers; do they even exist out there in online-land? And is verbal communication needed for success?

legacyzero

Banned
God dammit... After trying the demo and watching the quicklook I really didn't want to play that game. I didn't even finish the demo I think. Because I've heard some good things about the story I decided to go read it on wikipedia and now I REALLY regret it. The story is good enough to "fight" your way through sub-par gameplay. If only the memory wipe thinhgy from Men in Black was real lol.
I really wouldn't call the gameplay subpar. And the demo doesn't really do the game justice.

Top Bottom