• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Alex

Bulletstorm and Mercs 2 dont seem to activate on Origin

The other three do.

Going to see if EA will add them for me, heard they do that with other games, they were doing it for people who bought Crysis.

The other three do.

Going to see if EA will add them for me, heard they do that with other games, they were doing it for people who bought Crysis.

same thing happened to me. will check EA support.

The other three do.

I am surprised by bulletstorm...i am like 99% sure i have that in my origin account.

Let me know what they tell you...maybe i'm crazy.

CheersPeace,
Tony

Alex

I am surprised by bulletstorm...i am like 99% sure i have that in my origin account.

Let me know what they tell you...maybe i'm crazy.

CheersPeace,
Tony

Yeah they have it (and Mercs 2) on their store but they dont register, its odd.

I just got off the chat, the EA rep added Bulletstorm for me.

FYI Nelo can you change the links in the OP? 2K packs (Strategy, Shooter, Mega) are now Steam Activateable:

Here are the steam versions:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW57JS/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW5V9E/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW607G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Note CIVCITY Rome is not Steam.

Also several new deals finalized today:

7/4-7/7

1. Square Enix Ultimate Pack - $7.49 contains:

• Just Cause 2 - Steam
  • Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
  • Supreme Commander 2 - Steam
  • Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam

7/4-7/6

2. Psychonauts - $3.99 - Steam
3. Oh So Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest) - $9.99 - Steam
4. Costume Quest - $7.49
5. Stacking - $7.49

CheersPeace,
Tony

Alex

Tony, do you ever get people who buy those bundles in their prelim stages when they're up but not properly adjusted yet? There's gotta be at least a few people who are buyin' 100+ dollar bundles out there.

Yep, $25 for the base game and $5 for each DLC starting 7/8-7/14

CheersPeace,
Tony

Great. Been wanting the date for a few days.

Wish it was sooner but happy to have it coming.

PS - Im giving away Burnout Paradise. Anyone who wants it just quote me. I think you can activate it on origin

Burnout Paradise

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
Gat damn that EA pack is amazing. I hesitated at first since none of the games activate on steam, but that's just too good to pass up! Can't wait to dig into that tomorrow :)

Tess3ract

Banned
AFAIK none of the EA games in amazon's summer sale are steam redeemable, maybe origin but it's hit or miss.

Feel free to correct me tony, prolly best to put this in the OP if it's correct.

You are incorrect:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FPV6CS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Purchasing from this page will give you a Steam code.

Peace,
Tony

Well that's interesting. It's not listed on this page as a Steamworks game and I'm pretty sure the retail game isn't, so the fact that you guys are selling Steam codes indicates there's a "type" of game for which Steam codes can be generated but isn't considered Steamworks, and which they are willing to allow other retailers to sell. I don't really know if that means anything but I find it interesting. Can you answer if 2K is involved in that process at all, or is it just an agreement between Amazon and Steam?

Bleh origin support is asking for a scan of bulletstorm manual and reciept ;D

edit: Called and was told the bulletstorm key was still invalid gotta send a screencap etc I'll do it later :D

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
art-newman-420x0.jpg

Yes...accident.

Damn you Amazon!

Edit:
edit: fuck, wrong thread sorry.
Well shit, now there's no context.

K' Dash

I'm trying to chat with some EA reps to redeem Bulletstorm and Mercs 2 and when I finally enter they don't answer or write anything, wtf?

XEROWUN

Neo Member
FYI Nelo can you change the links in the OP? 2K packs (Strategy, Shooter, Mega) are now Steam Activateable:

Also several new deals finalized today:

7/4-7/7

1. Square Enix Ultimate Pack - $7.49 contains:

• Just Cause 2 - Steam
  • Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
  • Supreme Commander 2 - Steam
  • Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam

7/4-7/6

2. Psychonauts - $3.99 - Steam
3. Oh So Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest) - $9.99 - Steam
4. Costume Quest - $7.49
5. Stacking - $7.49

CheersPeace,
Tony

back with a vengeance

yeah the chat stuff just doesn't work.

I got disconnected on by one of them and then when I connected with another they yelled at me for contacting them too much or something like that and said I would get in trouble if I tried again.

To be fair though when I called in they fixed my problem in no time.

Havok

Might end up having to call into EA to get those two added. Three screenshots later (invoice, amazon order page, and full purchase email) later--all of which were requested to be uploaded on some French image hosting site, by the way, I'm still getting the inquisition.

Edit: Yep, got the runaround for half an hour and then a 'sorry, nothing we can do!' Cool!

To be fair, I've had fairly good experiences with the EA Live Chat in the past.

Also, that Square Enix deal is ridiculous. Amazon's got a new regular gaming customer with all the deals in the last few months.

(+1 for 'Cheers,' much classier)

kuYuri

I was with EA/Origin support over chat just a few days ago, my issue was that I didn't receive the ME3 Commendation Pack from the last multiplayer event they had. I had no problems with them. I even have a transcript of the chat.

Is this retroactive to people who have already got them? I got the Strategy pack and would love Civ 4 on my Steam Library as well!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Aww was hoping for the Stronghold Collection for $5 again.

Still, very nice deals.

Edgeward

I was with EA/Origin support over chat just a few days ago, my issue was that I didn't receive the ME3 Commendation Pack from the last multiplayer event they had. I had no problems with them.

Yea, that was my experience with EA CS. Had the same problem months ago as well. Super nice and helpful. Sorry to hear of the nightmares people are having.

At least 5h 15m til approximately Binary Domain time!

Einbroch

Banned
My God. 2K Strategy pack and SE pack, get.

My wallet. MY WALLET. Wish there was The Last Remnant in that pack, but at this rate I'm just hoping for Skyrim on Steam and that's it.

Is this retroactive to people who have already got them? I got the Strategy pack and would love Civ 4 on my Steam Library as well!

Negative on this one.

When do the sales usually go up ? Eyeing Binary Domain and that S-E pack.

stealth edit: so in 5hours max ?

Yeah "max" is relative though, sometimes pricing is finicky, might be closer to 1:00AM

My wallet. MY WALLET. Wish there was The Last Remnant in that pack, but at this rate I'm just hoping for Skyrim on Steam and that's it.

We're working on a pack with Last Remnant and some other stuff, no confirmation yet though.

Cheers,
Tony

Alex

Last Remnant just had a sale on Gamers Gate (Steam redeemable), seems like it ended now, though.

That game seems kind of unpredictable with it's sales, these Square packs and bundles are basically always Eidos stuff, it's a shame. I mean the Eidos stuff is great but they should really put more of their Japanese fare on there too (and PC in general)

We're working on a pack with Last Remnant and some other stuff, no confirmation yet though.

Cheers,
Tony

I should have bought it last time, but do you think you guys might ever get FFXIV up there on sale again? Seems like it'll get less likely as it gets closer to it's big 2.0 thing, but doesn't hurt to ask

Einbroch

Banned
Last Remnant just had a sale on Gamers Gate (Steam redeemable), seems like it ended now, though.

Yeah, I added it to cart and checked out, but the layout of the website is terrible and apparently I never hit confirm.

I emailed them, but meh.

That game seems kind of unpredictable with it's sales, these Square packs and bundles are basically always Eidos stuff, it's a shame. I mean the Eidos stuff is great but they should really put more of their Japanese fare on there too (and PC in general)

I should have bought it last time, but do you think you guys might ever get FFXIV up there on sale again? Seems like it'll get less likely as it gets closer to it's big 2.0 thing, but doesn't hurt to ask

Yes we'll have FFXIV again, not sure exactly when but hopefully in July.

Cheers,
Tony

Alex

Yeah, I added it to cart and checked out, but the layout of the website is terrible and apparently I never hit confirm.

I emailed them, but meh.

Oh god I know, I've had issues with GamersGate too I forgot my password with them and it wouldn't resend to my email address for some reason so I had to contact their customer support and it took them a week to get back to me.

In the end I just had a friend buy it for me off his account and give me the Steam code.

Top Bottom