• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
GamersGate has one of the worst website layouts I've ever seen. I honestly thought it was a scam site the first time I used it. That said, I bought Just Cause 2 from them for $3.50 or something and everything worked fine, so I can't complain.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
GamersGate has one of the worst website layouts I've ever seen. I honestly thought it was a scam site the first time I used it. That said, I bought Just Cause 2 from them for $3.50 or something and everything worked fine, so I can't complain.

That's what i thought too when i first went to getgamesgo.com.

vaelic

Banned
FYI Nelo can you change the links in the OP? 2K packs (Strategy, Shooter, Mega) are now Steam Activateable:

Here are the steam versions:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW57JS/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW5V9E/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GW607G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Note CIVCITY Rome is not Steam.

Also several new deals finalized today:

7/4-7/7

1. Square Enix Ultimate Pack - $7.49 contains:

• Just Cause 2 - Steam
  • Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
  • Supreme Commander 2 - Steam
  • Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam

7/4-7/6

2. Psychonauts - $3.99 - Steam
3. Oh So Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest) - $9.99 - Steam
4. Costume Quest - $7.49
5. Stacking - $7.49

CheersPeace,
Tony
did I miss this? the square pack is not showing 7.49 for me....

Tess3ract

Banned
It's not live yet, the pack is together but the price isn't.

Also I remember Costume Quest being cheaper Tony!
edit: Yeah I got it from amazon for $3 on may 6th

Jobacca

Neo Member
So what's all the hype for Binary Domain? Everyone seems excited for the sale and once GAF is interested it something, it makes me interested lol.

Alex

So what's all the hype for Binary Domain? Everyone seems excited for the sale and once GAF is interested it something, it makes me interested lol.

Third person shooter from the Yakuza folk. Supposedly pretty solid with some interesting quirks. For ten bucks I'm in for it.

It's a Japanese take on a Western TPS. I think the hype for it is similar to that for Vanquish where it didn't get a lot of attention at the time of release.

codhand

I feel like west coast takes revenge on east coast for the fact east coast is in the future to them, they can't handle it, so they get mad and make everything happen late on the internet. :p

By chance, anyone else buy and try to install Burnout Paradise yet? I keep getting data.cab is corrupt, and Ive downloaded it twice now, and have ran it as administrator, still getting the error.

Well that's interesting. It's not listed on this page as a Steamworks game and I'm pretty sure the retail game isn't, so the fact that you guys are selling Steam codes indicates there's a "type" of game for which Steam codes can be generated but isn't considered Steamworks, and which they are willing to allow other retailers to sell. I don't really know if that means anything but I find it interesting. Can you answer if 2K is involved in that process at all, or is it just an agreement between Amazon and Steam?

Sorry missed this.

We deal directly with the publishers and have no business relationship with Valve on the digital side.

Cheers,
Tony

baconcow

Apparently they thought he was an ad bot and just jumped the gun, but they can't un-ban him since they're just volunteer mods. He has to go through Valve.

That's the last I heard on the subject at least. Don't know if the situation has updated.

They didn't think he was an ad-bot. There were just many idiot members on the Steam forums who reported him for spamming sales and they told the mods. There were even several users discussing that they told the mods hoping he'd be modded (but likely wanted him banned, to feel their little power-trip). Pathetic, really. I found Tony's information incredibly useful and ended up buying Crusader Kings II and the Bioshock 1&2 steam key capable games. Great purchases I would have never heard about until others began later spamming the same stuff he did. Funny, none of them were banned for spamming ads.

On another note: the Total War bundle looks VERY good. Which games, if any, can be activated on Steam?

Kevin

Definitely want to share my appreciation to Tony for the support and hard work he has demonstrated here on the forums. I also appreciate that a lot of games that normally wouldn't have a Steam key, has one thanks to Amazon working their magic. :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
I email the stuff to Nelo to update the OP, I'll also post here when they are up.

Cheers,
Tony

Speaking of which if you're gonna format it for posts with hyperlinks could you send me the deals with the forum codes attached? Would make it alot easier than having to manually grab each link and hyperlink the title of the game if you were gonna do it anyway lol. And yes I'm kind of lazy.

Speaking of which if you're gonna format it for posts with hyperlinks could you send me the deals with the forum codes attached? Would make it alot easier than having to manually grab each link and hyperlink the title of the game if you were gonna do it anyway lol. And yes I'm kind of lazy.

Sure, will do. They'll come over once the actual prices flip, the way our system has been acting up I want to make sure everything flips before saying "NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY".

EDIT: I don't think you're lazy at all lol :)

Cheers,
Tony

Nelo Ice

Banned
Sure, will do. They'll come over once the actual prices flip, the way our system has been acting up I want to make sure everything flips before saying "NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY".

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks! I fail at getting links since they're all ugly and long compared to the nice short ones you have haha.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
That Square Enix pack is fire, but I own everything except Kane and lynch 2 which is the one I want!

Yo Tony any chance you can bundle the two K&L games? Been wanting to run through those in coop. Also Tony you da best ;) and I probably will be the only one who'll buy the pack but customer appreciation and all ;)

That Square Enix pack is fire, but I own everything except Kane and lynch 2 which is the one I want!

Yo Tony any chance you can bundle the two K&L games? Been wanting to run through those in coop. Also Tony you da best ;) and I probably will be the only one who'll buy the pack but customer appreciation and all ;)

Lol I'm working on another Squeenix bundle, but don't have one planned for just the 2 Kane and Lynch games.

I'll pitch it to Square though.

Cheers,
Tony

ohh really i heard somewhere where a guy plead and begged and they still didn't do anything. have you done it yourself for ME1 or some other game and was sucessful?

Yea i did it for my ME1 and apparently they do it through a POGO account so you have to register for that. (i guess that runs on their older account service ).

They should walk you through it.

Derrick01

Banned
they redeemed my mercenaries 2 code...

after registering for a pogo account

sigh.

This is what they made me do when I tried to get mass effect 1 on my origin account. And every one of EA's pages that I had to load took about 15 minutes, no joke.

After a while it just wouldn't work so I was transferred to a 3rd CS rep and he asked me for my ME1 key again (the process was starting over each time), and then he just put it in my account. After I spent hours of doing all that shit because the others told me it wasn't possible.

God I hate EA so much.

K' Dash

It's now oficially an hour since I'm trying to redeem Bulletstorm and Mercs2 from the EA bundle, my God EA CS chat is HORRIBLE, I wasted my gaming time tonight on this :(

This is what they made me do when I tried to get mass effect 1 on my origin account. And every one of EA's pages that I had to load took about 15 minutes, no joke.

After a while it just wouldn't work so I was transferred to a 3rd CS rep and he asked me for my ME1 key again (the process was starting over each time), and then he just put it in my account. After I spent hours of doing all that shit because the others told me it wasn't possible.

God I hate EA so much.

This is exactly what I'm going thru now, fuck...

Tony I hope you have plenty of keys ready for Binary Domain. Seems like everyone is just waiting to buy it, including me.

I'm actually REALLY nervous about this. We ordered more today in preparation but they didn't come in. I'm hoping they come in late tonight or early tomorrow.

I THINK we have enough for a few days...

Cheers,
Tony

sazzy

I'm just using the Amazon downloader.

Then I put the games in my Steam list as a third party app.

edit- not enough time to deal with EA's BS CS

K' Dash

Are they not working or just not redeemed on Origin?

Cheers,
Tony

I couldn't redeem them on Origin, just now they put them in my Origin account after more than 1 hour on chat registering on pogo and creating EA profiles, every page they told me to open lasted like 10 minutes to open, ugh...

I'm just using the Amazon downloader.

Then I put the games in my Steam list as a third party app.

edit- not enough time to deal with EA's BS CS

Next time I'll be doing this for sure.

Top Bottom