• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Sorry the 2K packs had a pricing hiccup. They will be repriced soon, just fixed it.

The 2K packs all activate on Steam except CivCity Rome. The Square Enix pack activates on Steam except for Tomb Raider Underworld.

The Double Fine games all activate on Steam.

Yes.

No plans for this yet.

I'll talk with Ubisoft about the AC promotion, but all signs point to this occurring in August.

Cheers,
Tony

4 hours before this message you just said you were going to sleep, either there are two people running your account, or you really should go get some rest man. Spending 20 hours a day helping people from a computer has to start stressing you out.

Zoc

How would he know? Ask in the Steam thread for anyone living in Japan.

Because he's selling it? I asked in the Steam threads, but people there don't know about keys bought outside Steam. Some people said yes, and some people said no.

4 hours before this message you just said you were going to sleep, either there are two people running your account, or you really should go get some rest man. Spending 20 hours a day helping people from a computer has to start stressing you out.

Lol I sleep 2-4 hours per day :). There are not two of me though, if there were we'd be in twice as many places!

Cheers,
Tony

sazzy

Alright guys, here's a list, with links and notes on what is Steam activateable, of what was added today. Sending to Nelo for the OP. Happy 4th of July!

Square Enix Ultimate Bundle $7.49:

• Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
  • Just Cause 2 - Steam
  • Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
  • Supreme Commander 2 - Steam

Sega Awesome Pack $12.49:

• Renegade Ops - Activates on Steam
  • Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack - Activates on Steam
  • Renegade Ops Cold Strike DLC - Activates on Steam
  • Sega Classics Pack 1 - does not activate on Steam
  • Sega Classics Pack 2 - does not activate on Steam
  • Sega Classics Pack 3 - does not activate on Steam
  • Sega Classics Pack 4 - does not activate on Steam
  • Sega Classics Pack 5 - does not activate on Steam
  • Sonic CD - Activates on Steam

July 4-14:

Binary Domain: $9.99 - Activates on Steam
Shogun 2 Total War: Fall of the Samurai: $7.49 - Activates on Steam
Virtua Tennis 4: $4.99 - Not Steam

July 4-6:

Total War Bundle: $29.99

• Empire: Total War - Activates on Steam
  • Napolean: Total War Imperial Edition - Activates on Steam
  • Total War Shogun 2 - Activates on Steam
  • Total War: Rome Gold Edition - not Steam
  • Total War: Rome Alexander - not Steam
  • Total War Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai - Activates on Steam
  • Total War Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - Activates on Steam
  • Total War: Medieval 2 Gold - does not activate on Steam

Sonic Bundle $12.49:

Sonic 4 Episode 1 - Activates on Steam
Sonic 4 Episode 2 - Activates on Steam
Sonic CD - Activates on Steam

Football Manager 2012 (Steam)+Virtua Tennis 4 Dual Pack
$12.49

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack $14.99:

• Bulletstorm
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
  • Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
  • Mirror's Edge
  • The Saboteur

Payday The Heist (Steam) - $4.99

Payday The Heist - 4 Pack (Steam) - $14.99

Psychonauts (Steam) - $3.99

Oh So Fine Bundle (Psychonauts, Stacking, Costume Quest, all Steam) - $9.99

Stacking (Steam) - $7.49

Costume Quest (Steam) - $7.49

I think this covers everything!

Cheers,
Tony
HRMYW.jpg
BWknY.jpg

Spazo

bought Square Enix Ultimate Bundle and Binary Domain.

still thinking if I buy or not The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack. I already have Bulletstorm and not i'm interested in Mercenaries

legacyzero

Banned
bought Square Enix Ultimate Bundle and Binary Domain.

still thinking if I buy or not The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack. I already have Bulletstorm and not i'm interested in Mercenaries

I still liked Mercs 2. But it was nowhere near the quality of the first one. For some strange reason. RIP Pandemic.

I would love to buy that pack, but I already own three of the games in that pack. I wish they were sold separate for like $5 a piece. I really would like to have Sabo and Mercs 2.

Big-E

I don't know about Japan but I am in China where Binary Domain doesn't show up on Steam. Took the gamble and bought off of Amazon and the code worked, I am downloading now so you should be ok as I can't access the game normally in China anyway like you can't in Japan.

joesmokey

I take it Civ IV doesn't have a Steam activation key? I got the Civ IV and V combo pack but only V has a key. Civ IV appears to be direct download only :(.

ASilva

Neo Member
I don't get the obsession around Binary Domain.

I tried out the Steam Demo and thought the game was horrible. It looks bland, the story and characters seem ridiculous and the controls are horrible (what's up with the turning acceleration!?!?!)

Is there anything I'm missing?

I don't get the obsession around Binary Domain.

I tried out the Steam Demo and thought the game was horrible. It looks bland, the story and characters seem ridiculous and the controls are horrible (what's up with the turning acceleration!?!?!)

Is there anything I'm missing?

You're missing your fun senses.

kami_sama

I can't seem to be able to buy anything. I've tried some things, but they didn't work.

Someone can buy for me the x-com pack? Will paypal on advance.

I live in Japan, but I set up my steam account in the US. I had some trouble initially checking out and had to email them do they knew my credit card wasn't stolen, but I've never had any problem playing any game i owned even if it wasn't available in Japan. Steam only region locks storefronts, not libraries. An American code will get you the US version of the ame anywhere in the world.

legacyzero

Banned
VERY WELL :) by far our most successful yet! Hoping the momentum stays strong. Hoping to see the EA bundle blow up a bit more :).

Cheers,
Tony
Tony, you should really split that EA pack up some. A lot of GAF owns most of that bundle. Myself included. I'm only need two of them. $5 a piece or more separately would be ideal! Everybody wins!

Bulletstorm, Burnout, and Mirrors Edge seem to go on sale quite a bit on Steam IIRC

Tony, you should really split that EA pack up some. A lot of GAF owns most of that bundle. Myself included. I'm only need two of them. $5 a piece or more separately would be ideal! Everybody wins!

Bulletstorm, Burnout, and Mirrors Edge seem to go on sale quite a bit on Steam IIRC

That's good feedback, but here's the thing. We've done those before, alot, (the $5 for each individual) and although I said I'd really like to see the bundle blow up *more* it is already doing better than those individual $5 sales ever do...and it is only 9AM.

We'll likely revisit them at $5 again at one point, but it seems like we're touching more customers this way.

Cheers,
Tony

SOLDIER

Can anyone confirm this about the Sega Pack? I know Tony said it doesn't activate, but someone in another forum says differently.

edit: I looked into it a bit more. Everything is opened through a Sega Classics launcher within Steam. Interestingly, if you bought pack 1 on Steam, then packs 2-5 on Amazon, they would all show up within the Steam launcher after installation.

Top Bottom