• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

SparkTR

Had to buy that total war bundle because that's an insane price. Any recommendations on which game to start on? Rome is the only one I've played.

They're all great in their own ways. I would say pick which era interests you the most and play that. Personally I'm a big fan of Empire even though it might be a bit too ambitious for it's own good.

Souther

Banned
Hey Tony, I purchased Disciples III yesterday but I don't see a registration key or a product code like the rest of the games I bought. Is there supposed to be one?

ace spark

Neo Member
Hey Tony bro, if you ever put BF3 bundle up on Amazon could you make it a nice deal for us? That would be the tipping point for many of us about to spend that much money on the game to install origin, me included. Thanks.

Souther

Banned
Hey Tony bro, if you ever put BF3 bundle up on Amazon could you make it a nice deal for us? That would be the tipping point for many of us about to spend that much money on the game to install origin, me included. Thanks.

Check the 1st page. There is a BF3 bundle for $75 i believe

Edit: Well it was there. Now it's gone now. It was BF3+Premium for 75.

Aaron

People who pick up Binary Domain should try the horde mode. It's a lot of fun if you can find the people for it.

Giard

Does Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai include the content from the original? I'm guessing it does, except the campaign?

Hey guys,

Wanted to note one more time that this is the last day to pick up Max Payne 3 for 50% off, after today it moves to 33% off. If you have friends on the fence let them know :).

Cheers,
Tony

It's cool how you guys don't pressure us into buying a game by making it one day only. This way we can at least debate whether or not we need it.

yeah, day 1 you say "meh, don't need that game" but then day 10 you say "god dammit this game is still on sale? it's a sign i should buy it!"

It's cool how you guys don't pressure us into buying a game by making it one day only. This way we can at least debate whether or not we need it.

Word, that being said, again, Max Payne 3 is 50% off only through today, then it goes back up in price. We will have new keys in the system within 10-15 minutes so buying can continue.

Also, Tvac897 is my Steam name if anyone wants to play Binary Domain with me.

Cheers,
Tony

I had a phone call with Amazon CS and I learned that the old Non-Steam 2K Strategy Pack can't be turned into a Steam one. Tried my chance, now I have to live with not having a perfect Steam library.

P.S. I need to stop buying more games, I don't have enough disk space to download them.

spk

So where do I get my BD key on Amazon? It's a Steam game but Amazon wants me to download it through their service.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
My Binary Domain order is "taking longer than expected'. Has anyone else had this problem today? This is the first time I've experienced it while buying through Amazon. I think it may be because I first attempted to charge the order to my outdated credit card, but I updated my info when prompted and the order went through fine afterwards. But now I'm stuck waiting for my key and I need to get this download started. :(

EDIT - Okay, my key showed up. Everyone can relax now.

Alex

I see no key in my software library

Go to your orders, find the game, click the link by it to head to your games library, click the button by the game to reveal the product code, copy the code and go over to Steam and click games + Activate a product on steam and so on.

Giard

Well, the fall of the samurai is a stand alone expansion, you don't need the base game to play it, if that's what you are asking.
Yeah I know, but what I'm trying to say is, will I have the units in Shogun 2, the maps, the ability to play multiplayer with someone who doesn't have FotS, etc.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I've never really played a Total War game.

Picked up Binary Domain, Black Ops, and Syndicate since the start of the sale. Really impressed with some of the deals and Tony's responsiveness with the community. Great job all around and I look forward to playing the games.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
A friend wanted to get the S-E pack but it's listed as :

Currently unavailable .
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.

/paging Tony.

Tony, any chance on a Mass Effect 3 and/or The Walking Dead sale? I would love you forever and ever.

did amazon run out of max payne 3 codes? it tells me the steam version is unavailable now.

If so it just happened. I bought it like an hour ago or so.

We had an issue with keys. The good new is the new keys we got still give you all the pre-order bonus stuff, the key i tested redeemed the following DLC for me:

Pill Bottle DLC
Classic Max Character DLC
Special Edition Pack DLC.

:).

Cheers,
Tony

Ocho

Got Payday 4 Pack. Amazon is my #1 company in the world, and these sales simply reinforce my thoughts.

Good job, Tony.

Tony is there a super awesome surprise deal in the works for when steam sale starts?

I've got a couple of things pitched right now that should be pretty gangbusters. Alot of it will depend on how today does to be honest. When I pitch crazy deals I include things like "this is how well this deal did, so we should do something similar or better".

That's how we arrived at the MP3 and Spec Ops promo. The Darkness one we did was so successful we wanted to replicate it.

Cheers,
Tony

kaskade

I just double dipped on Max Payne 3 so I can see how pretty it looks on the PC. These deals are awesome.

Now to download 30 GB of data.

Top Bottom