• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Big-E

So for Binary Domain, do you just buy the download version from amazon and they give you a key which I can then put on steam?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Can't run Binary Domain

rain.gif

iavi

So for Binary Domain, do you just buy the download version from amazon and they give you a key which I can then put on steam?

Just go to your 'game library' on Amazon after purchasing, and click the button for the Product Key. You can then redeem that on Steam, yeah.

Danj

Stupid question but is there a way to add codes to your Steam account via a web browser? I forgot to turn my laptop on at home today but still planning to get Binary Domain.

Another question: what's a US address that doesn't attract tax? I put a US address in Amazon.com and it's letting me order the download now, but it's also trying to apply a 95 cents tax on top?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
?? Why?

Cheers,
Tony
Oh it's nothing on your end. My graphics card is simply old, feeble and weak. I'm somewhat surprised though, I can run Deus Ex Human Revolution. I didn't think Binary Domain would be significantly more graphics intensive since it's not a high-budget game.

This $7.49 Square bundle looks pretty good but I'm wondering of they are steam activatible and if they are individual codes.

Also wondering the same about the Sega Awesme pack. Would be nice to have a clear sign of Steam activatible, not just the ones that require Steam.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This $7.49 Square bundle looks pretty good but I'm wondering of they are steam activatible and if they are individual codes.

1. Square Enix Ultimate Pack - $7.49 contains:
Just Cause 2 - Steam
Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
Supreme Commander 2 - Steam
Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam

And for future reference every bundle comes with individual codes.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine

Also wondering the same about the Sega Awesme pack. Would be nice to have a clear sign of Steam activatible, not just the ones that require Steam.

All the games in that bundle are Steam codes except Tomb Raider: Underworld.

edit - late :0

1. Square Enix Ultimate Pack - $7.49 contains:
Just Cause 2 - Steam
Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
Supreme Commander 2 - Steam
Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam

And for future reference every bundle comes with individual codes.

Thanks!

Danj

Yeah I'll update OP later in the morning when Tony sends me the full updated list.

While you're updating the OP can you put some information about what addresses non-US users need to use so they don't get charged tax? I put a US address in but when buying Binary Domain amazon wants to charge me 95 cents tax on it.

While you're updating the OP can you put some information about what addresses non-US users need to use so they don't get charged tax? I put a US address in but when buying Binary Domain amazon wants to charge me 95 cents tax on it.

Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Kansas
Kentucky
New York
North Dakota
Texas
Washington

Blitzhex

I use CA 94801 and don't get taxed. The rest is all made up bullshit.

this probably isn't the right place to ask this but don't know where else to ask. Tony I know you are more working with DD sale and what not but is there a way we can get info regarding PS3 and Xbox360 game sales as well? Loving the DD stuff, but would also love to get my grubby hands on some console games that need my attention for the right price ;P

I know your busy, just when you get a chance. Sorry for the guff you got in some of the other threads. I appreciate what you are doing around here.

Katoki

Mmm, BD. Nothin' like spending the Fourth of July shootin' stuff.

I tried the demo back on the PS3 but wasn't all that into it. Maybe I'll just turn down the difficulty this time and shoot stuff for the sake of shooting stuff but this had nothing to do with me not liking it. I still can't put my finger on what was wrong but I like shooting stuff though. Nothing more, nothing less.

Whoa, Payday for $5? That seems like a great deal. I'll see if I can buy it... all the money I had for the sales went into Steam on June 27th or something. How foolish of me ;)

Addnan

Just bought BD from the UK, used $7 worth of gift vouchers from freemyapps. Used a address from Alaska, no tax there.

Top Bottom