• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Souther

Banned
I like how my question was totally disregarded. I emailed CS so I'll just wait for an answer there I suppose. Maybe i should have asked something about Binary Domain instead.

Hey Tony, I purchased Disciples III yesterday but I don't see a registration key or a product code like the rest of the games I bought. Is there supposed to be one?

I like how my question was totally disregarded. I emailed CS so I'll just wait for an answer there I suppose. Maybe i should have asked something about Binary Domain instead.

Whoops, I was getting breakfast when I responded (from my cell phone) must have not taken the "post click".

I answered the Disciples 3 registration question yesterday in the thread though, we don't have Steam keys for Disciples 3, nor do I believe you need a key to start playing it.

If you're getting an error you did the right thing by contacting CS, they will be able to resolve quickly.

As a note as well. You should be able to tell from the volume of questions and responses in this thread that I'm bombarded by about 32942853989849843 questions every hour. If you don't get a response quickly enough, you should PM to ensure I don't miss it.

Cheers,
Tony

Souther

Banned
Whoops, I was getting breakfast when I responded (from my cell phone) must have not taken the "post click".

I answered the Disciples 3 registration question yesterday in the thread though, we don't have Steam keys for Disciples 3, nor do I believe you need a key to start playing it.

If you're getting an error you did the right thing by contacting CS, they will be able to resolve quickly.

As a note as well. You should be able to tell from the volume of questions and responses in this thread that I'm bombarded by about 32942853989849843 questions every hour. If you don't get a response quickly enough, you should PM to ensure I don't miss it.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry. I apologize for getting on your case. I remember you answering about the steam thing but I didn't know you didn't need a registration key to play the game.

Appreciate the help.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
We had an issue with keys. The good new is the new keys we got still give you all the pre-order bonus stuff, the key i tested redeemed the following DLC for me:

Pill Bottle DLC
Classic Max Character DLC
Special Edition Pack DLC.

:).

Cheers,
Tony

Wait, when you test redeem keys, are you pretty much just throwing away a key on a dummy account? Or is it just a "hey, anyone working right now put in this key on your account and tell me what you get"?

I've got a couple of things pitched right now that should be pretty gangbusters. Alot of it will depend on how today does to be honest. When I pitch crazy deals I include things like "this is how well this deal did, so we should do something similar or better".

That's how we arrived at the MP3 and Spec Ops promo. The Darkness one we did was so successful we wanted to replicate it.

Cheers,
Tony

These promos must be doing well. I know personally, I bought The Darkness II when it first went on sale, and I bought Max Payne 3 and Spec ops the first day you put them on sale. So hey, you've at least suckered me into buying them all!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I just double dipped on Max Payne 3 so I can see how pretty it looks on the PC. These deals are awesome.

Now to download 30 GB of data.

The game looks great, but most of that extra data goes into uncompressed cutscenes, so gameplay isn't gonna be any more good looking than most PC versions compared to console games are.

I've got a couple of things pitched right now that should be pretty gangbusters. Alot of it will depend on how today does to be honest. When I pitch crazy deals I include things like "this is how well this deal did, so we should do something similar or better".

Cheers,
Tony

Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Saints Row: The Third
Sniper Elite V2

Don't say anything, just blink.

Nah, just kidding, the Amazon sale has been great so far :)

Sorry. I apologize for getting on your case. I remember you answering about the steam thing but I didn't know you didn't need a registration key to play the game.

Appreciate the help.

No need to apologize, just want you to know how to best seek help dude, I am going to miss stuff in these threads, I've got 3 main forums I'm in and I probably get 10 questions/hour in each.

Dropping a PM ensures I have something blinking at me saying "ANSWER ME NOW!!!"

Wait, when you test redeem keys, are you pretty much just throwing away a key on a dummy account? Or is it just a "hey, anyone working right now put in this key on your account and tell me what you get"?

Lol the second, "anyone working put this key into your account and tell me what you get". Since I'm rarely not online I do a lot of this type of testing.

These promos must be doing well. I know personally, I bought The Darkness II when it first went on sale, and I bought Max Payne 3 and Spec ops the first day you put them on sale. So hey, you've at least suckered me into buying them all!

Woot :) glad you're digging the deals, hope you don't feel like we're tricking you into anything though.

Is Payday worth getting if I only play solo?

Absolutely not in my opinion.

Cheers,
Tony

Got Binary Domain, Payday and the Double Fine pack (even though I own them all on PC/360 already!)

Is it just me, or is Football Manager (and Virtua Tennis 4) showing up as $49.98?

Play Binary Domain with controller or kb/m? I'm playing MP3 with kb/m because that's the way it's meant to be played! Always.

But this one seems more Gears-like so I'm wondering if I should just use a pad.

Tony

Total Individual Price: $98.56
Bundle Price: $134.92

Total War Pack.

No idea if this has been reported yet.

This is being fixed now...i repeat, I hate our pricing system.

Tony, I'm really tempted to get Black Ops http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062Q5K5G/?tag=neogaf0e-20 but I see lot of reviews complaining about stuttering and poor overall performance. If I buy it and regret my purchase, how easy/difficult is it to get a refund?

I don't think we handle returns on PC downloads unless the game is just broken, meaning not functioning as intended by the developer, in which case we'd reissue a key.

The OP said the Sonic pack, the one with episode I + II and Sonic CD was going to be $4.99 not to long ago. Now it says $12.49 but it is still listed at $29.97

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008H7GO5S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Under July 4 -6

Not sure where you saw $4.99, if you did that was a typo, all the messaging I've pushed out has been the $12.49 price point, which I just fixed and should go live shortly.

My bad if there was a typo, that was not intentional.

You can't get a refund on a steam game. Once they give you the code, there's no way for them to remove the game from your steam account.

This.

Amazon can't handle the sales, it is increasing the prices again on its own!

Lol, apparently our pricing system is now self aware...and a 4 year old child.

Cheers,
Tony

alf717

Not sure where you saw $4.99, if you did that was a typo, all the messaging I've pushed out has been the $12.49 price point, which I just fixed and should go live shortly.

My bad if there was a typo, that was not intentional.

This.

Lol, apparently our pricing system is now self aware...and a 4 year old child.

Cheers,
Tony

Perhaps I just mistook the pricing for another game still not an issue though. Thanks for looking into these issue Tony.

DTKT

I'm curious about one thing. From what I understand from your posts, you need to pitch sales to publishers? They don't tend to come to you with demands?

I'm curious about one thing. From what I understand from your posts, you need to pitch sales to publishers? They don't tend to come to you with demands?

It happens both ways. Sometimes publishers come to us and say "we want to do this on this date" and we say "SWEEET!!! Lets do that". Sometimes, we let them know we're going to have a major promotional event, or that the deal of the week program exists, and then work with them on specific deals.

Hope this helps explain.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, I'm really tempted to get Black Ops http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0062Q5K5G/?tag=neogaf0e-20 but I see lot of reviews complaining about stuttering and poor overall performance. If I buy it and regret my purchase, how easy/difficult is it to get a refund?

It's fine now as long as you have 3+cores or an i3. Those will get you 60+ fps depending on GPU(9800GT/4850 and up). I've had the game on PC since release and never had a problem with the game personally.

We had an issue with keys. The good new is the new keys we got still give you all the pre-order bonus stuff, the key i tested redeemed the following DLC for me:

Pill Bottle DLC
Classic Max Character DLC
Special Edition Pack DLC.

:).

Cheers,
Tony
Oh cool -- I wouldn't have even thought to look for that stuff if you hadn't mentioned it, but I see it's in my Steam keys too. Thanks!

Top Bottom