• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

anddo0

BD Get!

My haul so far:

-Binary Domain
-Bioshock double pack
-Spec Ops: The Line

And dating back to May 15th. Arma 2: CO and Payday.
Thank you Amazon

Is Virtua Tennis 4 Steam activated?

Binary Domain here i come...dont let me down..I swear if steam comes today with a summer sale w/binary domain for 5 bucks im going to do inhumane things to myself.

unless tony comes with a price match and gives me the other 5 back :eek:

fushi

There is no such thing as a Bulletstorm key for Steam, is there?

I've been meaning to get that game for ages, but it's not available in my region on Steam...

:(

Edit: BUY BINARY DOMAIN, it's awesome!

Whoops, I wasn't sure about the Double Fine Pack but if you actually go to each game's page and scroll down a bit you can see that they require Steam so the answer to your question would be yes.

Kingbrave

Got:

Payday
Virtua Tennis 4
Payday
Binary Domain
Space Marine

Also got a boxed copy of Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 for 10 bucks...

Edit: Forgot I added Space Marine. Started to get it over the weekend and couldn't make up my mind and since I got these other games from Amazon I figured why the hell not.

Elginer

Got Payday and BD aaaaand I'm done. That's it Tony. Please stop it with the sales already lol

Unless you can get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood hella cheap. Please?

Is there a real reason for me to pick up NBA 2K12?

I got 2K11 last year from Steam, played it for 10 hours back in December but then forgot about it because of exams and never touched it again. I liked it a lot and I could easily see myself dedicating 100 hours into it, so I am wondering if 2K12 is worth getting, considering they look pretty much the same and 2K13 is slowly coming.

Hokhoku

Banned
Dear Tony,

These sales are only on amazon com?
Because I live in Europe, I only order from amazon uk and was wondering
if you were going to have sales in the uk site.

Cheers
Andy

dc89

Dear Tony,

These sales are only on amazon com?
Because I live in Europe, I only order from amazon uk and was wondering
if you were going to have sales in the uk site.

Cheers
Andy

International Buyers: Use your credit card with a random US billing address and phone number.
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:
Kansas
Kentucky
New York
North Dakota
Texas
Washington

You can still buy from them, just use a random billing address and somewhere which doesn't tax you and you're good to go!

tenz0r

Anyone know if Binary Domain has the 360 buttons/controls mapped out on screen when using a 360 wireless controller on the PC version?

Like for example, there is a QTE in the game, and it tells you to press "Spacebar", but when you are using a 360 controller on the PC it will say "A" for the A button on the controller instead of "spacebar".

Yes but if I order from the us do I also need a us steam account or will the current account work?
Your current account will work.

I'm from Croatia (so that's a EU, or close to that Steam account). I have an Amazon.com account to which I added a billing address from Delaware. I didn't change my payment option (Visa Electron, btw), nothing. Just the billing address. I successfully bought Binary Domain & Max Payne 3. Redeemed them on Steam, no problems.

Hokhoku

Banned

I'm from Croatia (so that's a EU, or close to that Steam account). I have an Amazon.com account to which I added a billing address from Delaware. I didn't change my payment option (Visa Electron, btw), nothing. Just the billing address. I successfully bought Binary Domain & Max Payne 3. Redeemed them on Steam, no problems.

You the man Ivan
Many Thanks

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Anyone know if Binary Domain has the 360 buttons/controls mapped out on screen when using a 360 wireless controller on the PC version?

Like for example, there is a QTE in the game, and it tells you to press "Spacebar", but when you are using a 360 controller on the PC it will say "A" for the A button on the controller instead of "spacebar".

Yes you can.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
picked up Spec Ops and Binary Domain.

Might have got Syndicate if it was Steam-enabled :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't purchase Binary Domain with my CC. even with US billing adress.

Anyone want to help me ? I can paypall in advance

I just did. Make sure the billing address when you go to checkout is the US address, not your local one.

dc89

Yep current account works like Ivan said.

I also chose Delaware. Bought around 8 games from Amazon US and I'm from England.

So far I've picked up the Pint Sized Paradox Bundle (solely for Warlock, really..) and Binary Domain. The only other thing I really want is that $9.99 NFS: The Run, but Syndicate for $15 looks really tempting as well. ARGH.

Zoc

I asked this question before, but I didn't get an authoritative answer: In Japan, Binary Domain doesn't show up on a search of Google, because it's not made available here. If I buy the code through Amazon and try to use it from here, will it activate on Steam?

Huzzah! Thought that was offline due to the $90 price. Got that as well.
That's a lot of sales and it's only the 4th ;p

What's going on with this pack, Tony? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008GW5V9E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$109.94? :p

Also, I must have missed the announcement of the Square Enix Pack, which seems like a pretty good deal to me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00822X7OY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

^ Do any of these come with Steam codes?

And what about this Double Fine bundle? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Z5Y9G4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Steam?

Sorry the 2K packs had a pricing hiccup. They will be repriced soon, just fixed it.

The 2K packs all activate on Steam except CivCity Rome. The Square Enix pack activates on Steam except for Tomb Raider Underworld.

The Double Fine games all activate on Steam.

Thanks.

What about the Double Fine pack? Anyone know if those games are redeemable on Steam? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Z5Y9G4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yes.

Tony, any chance we'll see a Stalker games pack?

No plans for this yet.

So Tony, about that AC Revelations....

And The Brotherhood?

I'll talk with Ubisoft about the AC promotion, but all signs point to this occurring in August.

Cheers,
Tony

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Hey tony, any idea when the sale price for Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai will be updated ? It's still showing as full price. Thanks!

Zoc

I asked this question before, but I didn't get an authoritative answer: In Japan, Binary Domain doesn't show up on a search of Google, because it's not made available here. If I buy the code through Amazon and try to use it from here, will it activate on Steam?

Tony?

Alright guys, here's a list, with links and notes on what is Steam activateable, of what was added today. Sending to Nelo for the OP. Happy 4th of July!

Square Enix Ultimate Bundle $7.49:

• Tomb Raider Underworld - Not Steam
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Steam
  • Just Cause 2 - Steam
  • Kane and Lynch 2 - Steam
  • Supreme Commander 2 - Steam

Sega Awesome Pack $12.49:

• Renegade Ops - Activates on Steam
  • Renegade Ops Reinforcement Pack - Activates on Steam
  • Renegade Ops Cold Strike DLC - Activates on Steam
  • Sega Classics Pack 1 - does not activate on Steam
  • Sega Classics Pack 2 - does not activate on Steam