• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

I'm sure this isn't the best place to ask but I figure that a lot of people just bought Payday here. Anyone else seeing performance issues? I seem to be getting 30 fps or less at 1080p with an i5 and Radeon 7870. Is the game that demanding or is there something wrong?

RetroGreg

I looked in the OP for a THQ pack that I thought I saw. Anyone remember if there is one coming?

Also - bought the Square pack and the Stronghold collection.

Cheech

Want the Sega awesome pack, but annoyingly the Amazon iOS client does not support purchases of DD stuff. As I am on vacation until Saturday and have no PC access, this makes me sad.

Want the Sega awesome pack, but annoyingly the Amazon iOS client does not support purchases of DD stuff. As I am on vacation until Saturday and have no PC access, this makes me sad.

Have you tried downloading Chrome on iOS and buying that way? I used Chrome's Desktop feature to buy mp3s a day ago when I couldn't on Safari.

Cheech

View the website from your browser instead of in the app.

Cheers,
Tony

Responding from mobile

Ok. If I visited amazon.com directly, it defaults to some mobile site and I get the same error message. However, if I clicked on a tracking link in an old email, it brought up the "proper" site and I was able to complete my purchase. Thanks all!

Hello
I would like help with something if possible. I bought Max Payne 3 but the pill pack dlc and the special pack dlc do not work. i get a message along the lines of this code is invalid or this code has already been redeemed. what can i do?
Thank You.

Forget it,the keys are working now. Sorry for the trouble.

Edgeward

binary domain is way better than I anticipated, very entertaining, if anyone's on the fence just go for it

I fully agree! Just beat it! Played almost non-stop today. Game has a lot of character and style to it. And the shooting felt great on a pad.

ghostmind

Err... why did a bunch of upcoming sales vanish from the OP? Thinking specifically about the NFS games and the Mass Effect pack.

legacyzero

Banned
So I just finished Spec Ops.

If you're sitting on the fence, I'm happy to tell you that it was WELL WORTH the money. Campaign was about 6-7 hours, and I was VERY surprised at how good the story was.

If you like gritty, dark, crazy type stories with underlying moral dilemma, grotesque scenes of mass murder based in a dilapidated city where there is no law, and humanity is reduced to the basic instinct of survival versus murder, then you should really buy this.

I figured I'd put this here for those that are trying to justify the purchase.

I seriously want the Sega Classics pack 5, mostly for Wonder boy, Dynamite Headdy, and Revenge of Shinobi. I know that the pack is a good deal for the other games, but I have most of the other games in packs 1-3 (and the Phantasy Stars) on the PSP Genesis collection, and I have Pack 4 on Steam. Sonic CD and Pack 5 would cost about the same as the whole Awesome set, so I would prefer to just get pack 5 and Sonic CD if I could on sale or even individual games if they were cheap enough ($1).

That said, if Renegade Ops is good enough, it could push me over the edge.

Grabbed Binary Domain for 10, man, the PC version is so dramatically better. No more framerate drops when you shoot robots. It's also incredibly obvious these cutscenes were directed by Nagoshi.

Bog

Junior Ace
Grabbed Binary Domain for 10, man, the PC version is so dramatically better. No more framerate drops when you shoot robots. It's also incredibly obvious these cutscenes were directed by Nagoshi.

No kidding! All my friends were like "Nagoshi, baby!" during every cutscene. So obvious!

mr. grape

Wait, it drops frames on the consoles when shooting?

I haven't played the console version, but the PC port has framerate drops in firefights if you've got an AMD GPU. It was mostly only optimized for Nvidia. I have a Radeon HD 7970 and it drops to 40 FPS a lot in fights.

K' Dash

Does anybody know how to make Bulletstorm not run like shit? I'm getting 30-40 fps max settings, I see that is not that optimized, is there an easy fix to get it running @ 60fps?

Tess3ract

Banned
That's good feedback, but here's the thing. We've done those before, alot, (the $5 for each individual) and although I said I'd really like to see the bundle blow up *more* it is already doing better than those individual $5 sales ever do...and it is only 9AM.

We'll likely revisit them at $5 again at one point, but it seems like we're touching more customers this way.

Cheers,
Tony

I don't see why you can't have both? Do something like a $20 pack of 5 games, but each game is like $5 each. You can get both crowds that way and still move a lot of units imo

scitek

I haven't played the console version, but the PC port has framerate drops in firefights if you've got an AMD GPU. It was mostly only optimized for Nvidia. I have a Radeon HD 7970 and it drops to 40 FPS a lot in fights.

I just played it and get a worse framerate overall with my GTX 670 than I did with my Radeon 6950. No idea why.

Souther

Banned

Is it more CPU or GPU intensive? I have an i5 2500K @4.4Ghz and a Sapphire OC 6950 2GB. Should be interesting to see how it runs.

mr. grape

Is it more CPU or GPU intensive? I have an i5 2500K @4.4Ghz and a Sapphire OC 6950 2GB. Should be interesting to see how it runs.

I would think it's more GPU intensive, but I don't know for sure. It's really just a lazy port, I don't think you need top-notch hardware to get great performance out of it.. you just need Nvidia lol. You might fare better than I did though, it's possible some AMD GPUs get better performance out of it.

Katoki

I have the 2500k at stock and it didn't look like it was doing much when I was looking at the GPU temperature in the widget next to it granted that wasn't doing much work either. I have an Nvidia card though, so I wouldn't know.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I downloaded that $15 EA pack and checked out Mirror's Edge, Saboteur, and Burnout Paradise. Very pleased with the first two (Mirror's Edge at 1080p and 8X MSAA @ 60fps = very nice!), but man, EA really did treat PC gamers wrong with BP huh? No Big Surf Island and they shut down the store so you can't even get the toys or legendary cars packs for the game. It takes some of the luster off, I gotta say.

Souther

Banned
Hmmm should be interesting. I have so many games to play that I am not sure when I am even gonna test it out. Next thing I install is Darkness II. Played the demo and that ran pretty flawlessly maxed.

Man playing a game that has been optimized specifically for whatever GPU you have is awesome. Case in point: Deus Ex:HR.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I downloaded that $15 EA pack and checked out Mirror's Edge, Saboteur, and Burnout Paradise. Very pleased with the first two (Mirror's Edge at 1080p and 8X MSAA @ 60fps = very nice!), but man, EA really did treat PC gamers wrong with BP huh? No Big Surf Island and they shut down the store so you can't even get the toys or legendary cars packs for the game. It takes some of the luster off, I gotta say.

I was really bummed about that too, because I really, really love the game a whole lot.

But at the end of the day, there's SO much stuff to do in that game that you're not really missing out much by not getting the DLC.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was really bummed about that too, because I really, really love the game a whole lot.

But at the end of the day, there's SO much stuff to do in that game that you're not really missing out much by not getting the DLC.

I have the game on PS3. Yea, there is a ton of content on the PC version but there is a substantial amount missing too. For $3-5 it's an amazing buy, but I would also sink another $10-$20 to round it out. I guess EA doesn't give a shit.

edit: also noticed that none of the NFS:HP DLC made it to the PC either. Man, has anyone talked to Criterion/EA about this wrt Most Wanted yet?

XEROWUN

Neo Member
I have the game on PS3. Yea, there is a ton of content on the PC version but there is a substantial amount missing too. For $3-5 it's an amazing buy, but I would also sink another $10-$20 to round it out. I guess EA doesn't give a shit.

edit: also noticed that none of the NFS:HP DLC made it to the PC either. Man, has anyone talked to Criterion/EA about this wrt Most Wanted yet?

reading all this disappoints me.

Did anyone get Payday and is having performance issues? I'm getting sub 30fps framerate on an i5 and Radeon 7870. Is it that demanding of a game or is there something wrong?

Aaron

I was thinking of trying out Shogun 2 but I've never played a Total War game before. What kind of commitment do these games demand?
It starts off easy, and there's also a tutorial. The overworld strategy elements are pretty light. Battles can sometimes take a while, but you can save in the middle. The battles are fairly basic RTS, moving groups of units around to attack. Some have special abilities, and you want to be aware of what is good against what. Like don't send your calvary after pikemen. With the amount of systems it might take you a little bit to find your feet.

It starts off easy, and there's also a tutorial. The overworld strategy elements are pretty light. Battles can sometimes take a while, but you can save in the middle. The battles are fairly basic RTS, moving groups of units around to attack. Some have special abilities, and you want to be aware of what is good against what. Like don't send your calvary after pikemen. With the amount of systems it might take you a little bit to find your feet.

Alright, that's the information I was looking for. Thanks. I'll pick it up for sure. I just didn't want to be dropped into the deep end of the pool.

Top Bottom