• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Elginer

Boy do i regret getting Payday. It runs like complete dog shit and even worse isn't even a looker for it to run like ass. I can run Alan Wake, Crysis 2 and several other games which kick Payday's ass in the visuals dept no problem; yet Payday runs like a hot mess. :(

Boy do i regret getting Payday. It runs like complete dog shit and even worse isn't even a looker for it to run like ass. I can run Alan Wake, Crysis 2 and several other games which kick Payday's ass in the visuals dept no problem; yet Payday runs like a hot mess. :(

So it's not just me then. I don't get why it runs so terrible.

LiK

there's a sequel incoming too.

It's sort of insulting that NHL 09 won't be more than 50% off and is still $4.99. I wouldn't mind picking it up but it's frustrating a 3 year old sports game is only 50% off when it's still $10 normally.

I'm glad I'm not alone. Actually, I'm sorry for our suffering.

I FIXED IT!!!!

It's dumb and for some reason doing a Google search doesn't supply this answer.

Go to C:\Users\<userdir>\AppData\Local\PAYDAY

Inside there is an XML file that has your config. For some reason if you look at the refresh rate, mine was set to 24. I changed that to 60 and now I run at 60 fps. Keep in mind that make sure your resolution is correct because if you change it in game, it will screw up the refresh rate again.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I downloaded that $15 EA pack and checked out Mirror's Edge, Saboteur, and Burnout Paradise. Very pleased with the first two (Mirror's Edge at 1080p and 8X MSAA @ 60fps = very nice!), but man, EA really did treat PC gamers wrong with BP huh? No Big Surf Island and they shut down the store so you can't even get the toys or legendary cars packs for the game. It takes some of the luster off, I gotta say.

I'm loving Mirror's Edge, but can you not buy the DLC for that either? I remember there being those cool stylized levels you could download, but they don't seem to exist on the Origin version of the game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm loving Mirror's Edge, but can you not buy the DLC for that either? I remember there being those cool stylized levels you could download, but they don't seem to exist on the Origin version of the game.

AFAIK, they ONLY exist on the Origin version of the Game. Steam version never had them.

Unless EA took them out, as they removed all the Burnout Paradise DLC that they did bring (Legendary Cars and the small ones).

Megasoum

Banned
Just played through Spec Ops in one sitting... holy shit what a game!

Yeah sure the basic gameplay is nothing amazing (it's not bad, it's just a bit bland)... But DAMN that story and character developpement. Amazing stuff.

Jpb

Neo Member
Just played through Spec Ops in one sitting... holy shit what a game!

Yeah sure the basic gameplay is nothing amazing (it's not bad, it's just a bit bland)... But DAMN that story and character developpement. Amazing stuff.

I'm with you! Game blew me away, loved every bit of it. Trying to get some friends to pick it up as well now, I hope this game does well.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm with you! Game blew me away, loved every bit of it. Trying to get some friends to pick it up as well now, I hope this game does well.

I really got to go to bed now if I want to be able to work tomorrow but I'm kinda messed up and not in a mood to sleep lol.

Is Binary Domain seem badass because you paid $10 for it, or is it because after playing it it's something you would have gladly paid more for?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I have the game on PS3. Yea, there is a ton of content on the PC version but there is a substantial amount missing too. For $3-5 it's an amazing buy, but I would also sink another $10-$20 to round it out. I guess EA doesn't give a shit.

edit: also noticed that none of the NFS:HP DLC made it to the PC either. Man, has anyone talked to Criterion/EA about this wrt Most Wanted yet?

Just a heads up, with the updates for Burnout Paradise, you get the DLC, it's just not active. There are tweaks you could use to activate the DLC without having ever purchased it, look into it.

Katoki

Is Binary Domain seem badass because you paid $10 for it, or is it because after playing it it's something you would have gladly paid more for?

I personally would've paid more for it at this point.

I recall trying the demo on the PS3 at one point and felt like it was just another shooter. For some reason, I suppose since things have been altered and fixed since then, it's actually pretty enjoyable granted I'm not one of those guys that run straight at the hardest difficulty. I have no experience whatsoever with the PC demo though, if there was one at the time.

Reposting... any info?

Sorry, we don't carry any of those games.

Im not seeing the THQ Pack on the front page anymore.

Did something happen?

Sounds like there was shuffling when I updated Nelo, my bad. Rest assured, the deal will happen on Sunday.

I don't see why you can't have both? Do something like a $20 pack of 5 games, but each game is like $5 each. You can get both crowds that way and still move a lot of units imo

Sorry I explained this poorly in my original response.

We have run each game at $5 each multiple times in the past and understand well how they perform at that pricepoint. We want to test the efficacy of bundles independent of an a la carte offer to see how they perform.

This is the reason that currently we're not offering a $5 individual option.

My follow up comment to that explanation was that preliminary data (we only have 1 day) shows that the bundle offering is outperforming the a la carte.

A follow up test will be to offer both concurrently and see how that works. The idea behind testing is to isolate data points and then figure out how to proceed to the next idea, capturing successes and failures so you can build the best possible option.

Hope this helps explain better :).

So it's not just me then. I don't get why it runs so terrible.

I'm glad I'm not alone. Actually, I'm sorry for our suffering.

I FIXED IT!!!!

It's dumb and for some reason doing a Google search doesn't supply this answer.

Go to C:\Users\<userdir>\AppData\Local\PAYDAY

Inside there is an XML file that has your config. For some reason if you look at the refresh rate, mine was set to 24. I changed that to 60 and now I run at 60 fps. Keep in mind that make sure your resolution is correct because if you change it in game, it will screw up the refresh rate again.

Did you get this resolved? It sounds like you may have found a solution.

I don't see any of the Need for Speed deals. What gives?

Looking for dat Need 4 Speed Hot Pursuit!

The Need For Speed deals start 7/8, is this indicated differently somewhere?

Okay, am I crazy or is this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FRI9AI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That "EA 'Indie' Bundle" rebranded?

Also, on the Shogun 2 stand alone expansion, can I play multiplayer with folks that have the normal game?

Yes, we renamed it, if you look at the first review one of our customers apparently took personal offense to calling a game containing games like "Shank" and "Warp" and "Indie Bundle".

It's sort of insulting that NHL 09 won't be more than 50% off and is still $4.99. I wouldn't mind picking it up but it's frustrating a 3 year old sports game is only 50% off when it's still $10 normally.

Sorry you feel the deal is insulting. I've actually never heard anyone say they took personal affront to a deal before. Hopefully our upcoming sports deals appeal to you more.

Cheers,
Tony

HockeyDud

Neo Member
I got Warhammer Space Marine on Steam for the same price and have an issue running that as well, similar to the Payday The Heist issue. The framerate is constantly below 20%, I've deleted all old C++ etc and no change. Anyone else had this issue?

Sorry, we don't carry any of those games.

Sounds like there was shuffling when I updated Nelo, my bad. Rest assured, the deal will happen on Sunday.

We have run each game at $5 each multiple times in the past and understand well how they perform at that pricepoint. We want to test the efficacy of bundles independent of an a la carte offer to see how they perform.

My follow up comment to that explanation was that preliminary data (we only have 1 day) shows that the bundle offering is outperforming the a la carte.

A follow up test will be to offer both concurrently and see how that works. The idea behind testing is to isolate data points and then figure out how to proceed to the next idea, capturing successes and failures so you can build the best possible option.

Did you get this resolved? It sounds like you may have found a solution.

The Need For Speed deals start 7/8, is this indicated differently somewhere?

Yes, we renamed it, if you look at the first review one of our customers apparently took personal offense to calling a game containing games like "Shank" and "Warp" and "Indie Bundle".

Sorry you feel the deal is insulting. I've actually never heard anyone say they took personal affront to a deal before. Hopefully our upcoming sports deals appeal to you more.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry, insulting maybe the wrong word but it just sucks that a sports game especially that is so old has one of the worst discounts of the whole sale.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
AFAIK, they ONLY exist on the Origin version of the Game. Steam version never had them.

Unless EA took them out, as they removed all the Burnout Paradise DLC that they did bring (Legendary Cars and the small ones).

I see. You have to use the Origin application rather than buying them in the game itself. Awesome. :)

Cheers,
Tony

Wait i thought i saw a listing that some of these games will be at the 4.99 pricepoint later on in this sale month.

If not then i'm done with this sale since i only wanted Bulletstorm

I'm speaking unannounced deals, if there are any more. I ask because we learned about the EA pack kind a couple of days (or maybe even the day before) before it was put out if I remember correctly.

Oh roger, nothing new to announce just yet. I have a bunch of requests out for approval. You will hear from me VERY shortly after I hear back on stuff...I'd rather just have all the info out there as soon as I get it so you guys can make purchase decisions sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
Tony

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Oh roger, nothing new to announce just yet. I have a bunch of requests out for approval. You will hear from me VERY shortly after I hear back on stuff...I'd rather just have all the info out there as soon as I get it so you guys can make purchase decisions sooner rather than later.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks, I like that attitude. I basically have a wishlist on Steam and I'm slowly crossing off stuff.

Again... Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and Skyrim would make me a very happy camper. ;) You can bundle them all together and call it "The Fantastical Bethesda Bundle" just so I know you made it for me.

I wish Ghost Recon future soldier was on sale. I purchased the PC version and it was broken as hell (no wasd movement) so now I am looking for the 360 version.

Minion101

Banned
I just want to say I bought the Duke Nukem Forever pack and it is a much better PC game then a console game. It looks better, plays better (if you use mouse a keyboard,) and those long ass load time are completely gone on PC. Load times are no longer then 10 seconds for me, unlike the console which was more around 40 seconds. I can actually just enjoy the game now.

Sober

Yeah, I also bought it for 5$ back a few sales ago on Origin. Granted the community still updates it fairly frequently (updated rosters, rinks, uniforms, etc.) but it still sucks that it's the last PC NHL game we've gotten in forever.

Getgamesgo has these current deals:

Commandos Complete - £3.75 / $3.75 (use code REZZED01)
Borderlands - £2.00 / $3.99 (use code REZZED02)
Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - £12.49 / $14.99 (use code REZZED03) - Steam
Sniper Elite V2 - £14.99 / $19.99 (use code REZZED04) - Steam
Serious Sam 3 BFE - £7.49 / $9.99 (use code REZZED05) - Steam
Stronghold Kingdoms Deluxe Pack - £6.49 / $9.99 (use code REZZED06)

Click buy now. Then visit your basket and add the discount code before heading to the checkout. These codes expire Monday.

Any price-match incoming for Sniper Elite V2 Tony? I'd much rather throw my money your way.

tsab

Hello Tony,
I asked this in the other thread but I didn't get a reply.
I already have bought the previous "SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack" from March. I am missing only SEGA Genesis Classics Series 5. If I buy it, are the games going to be added in my current collection when I run the Sega Genesis Collection executable?

Nice work with the deals :)

Rising_Hei

I used my VISA and a random US adress and phone number but i'm still not able to buy any digital download for some reason.
Everything looks fine, the button for purchase the game can be clicked... but then when i click it stays "processing" for two minutes and it tells me to retry or change my credit cards, but the card is fine and it has money <.<

Any idea about why this could be happening? thanks

Top Bottom