• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Just bought the Total War pack. Never played any of the series before, where to start? I never really played RTS games until I picked up the Company of Heroes collection recently, which I love. I'm tempted to go straight to Shogun 2 due to my obsession with Japan...

darthbob

How long did it take LA Noire to hit 10 bucks? I'd bet MP3 follows the same sort of curve.

I think the main difference is that MP3 is a game that more people would actually want to play.

Not to discredit Noire, Bondi did a fantastic job, but I don't see the mass market appeal.

I think the main difference is that MP3 is a game that more people would actually want to play.

Not to discredit Noire, Bondi did a fantastic job, but I don't see the mass market appeal.

That's fair. I'm not a huge shooter fan; I just figured R* games would just follow the same sort of pattern.

kaskade

Just bought the EA pack pretty much to play through Mirror's Edge again. I sold my copy of bullet storm so it's cool to have that back as well. I must say you guys are probably doing well especially with the steam sale not happening yet.

Tony, I just got NBA 2K12.

I am in the UK, I used a debit card from a different European country, entered a Delaware address and the game activated on Steam as "NA" edition.

Valve do not have the best customer service nor are they understandable when it comes to "region circumvention" (whatever!), so I hope it will all be OK.

Other than that, excellent prices, will probably get something else soon.

As I explained, the Original Ones have a flaw in the design. I've heard multiple stories, but the most accepted ones are these two: They either heat up and the fuse inside them blows up (it's not supposed to blow up under heat) OR the fuse blows up when you plug/unplug the receiver with the computer ON, as it has a too low rating. They SEEM broken, but you can easily fix them by either replacing the fuse or bypassing it altogether, as explained here: http://replayproject.wordpress.com/...x-360™-wireless-gaming-receiver-for-windows®/.

I fixed mine with a much simpler solution, I used a CircuitWriter pen ($10) to draw a trace around the fuse. Worked fine for years after that.

After being on hold for 45 mins finally got Mercs 2 added to my origin account but not Bulletstorm. Was told it was a windows live game yadda yadda was emailed a new key for "the windows live platform" I'm tired of jumping hoops to get bulletstorm registered on Origin so I'm done ;D

Guys,

We moved the EA stuff that was starting 7/8 to start tomorrow so some of you who want to play can do so over the weekend (you can thank our EA rep for that, he just called me and suggested some people want to spend their weekend playing Amalur and Fifa :) ).

I'll email this to Nelo shortly for the OP (with the forum markup).

7/6-7/14

Kingdoms Of Amalur-$24.99
Legend of Dead Kel DLC-$4.99
Tooth of Naros DLC-$4.99
FIFA Manager 12 - 9.99
FIFA Soccer 12 - 9.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - 4.99
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters - 9.99
Madden NFL 08 - 4.99
Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack - 7.49
Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack - 14.99
Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack - 11.24
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 4.99
Alice: Madness Returns - $4.99
Bulletstorm - $4.99
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising - $4.99
Dead Space - $4.99
Dead Space 2 - $4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $4.99

7/6-7/8
Battlefield 3 + Battlefield Premium - $79.99
Mass Effect 3 - $35.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - $47.99
ME1 + ME2 DD + Mass Effect 3 DD - $59.99

7/12-14
Need for Speed: The Run - $9.99

Cheers,
Tony

Welp, I might indulge in some naughty region lock circumvention to get at Hot Pursuit for five Americans, which is approximately three of Her Majesty's Pounds.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Guys,

We moved the EA stuff that was starting 7/8 to start tomorrow so some of you who want to play can do so over the weekend (you can thank our EA rep for that, he just called me and suggested some people want to spend their weekend playing Amalur and Fifa :) ).

7/6-7/14

Tooth of Naros DLC-$4.99
FIFA Manager 12 - 9.99
FIFA Soccer 12 - 9.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 - 4.99
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters - 9.99
Madden NFL 08 - 4.99
Need For Speed World Bronze Starter Pack - 7.49
Need For Speed World Gold Starter Pack - 14.99
Need For Speed World Silver Starter Pack - 11.24
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - 4.99
Alice: Madness Returns - $4.99
Bulletstorm - $4.99
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - $4.99
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising - $4.99
Dead Space - $4.99
Dead Space 2 - $4.99
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $4.99

7/6-7/8
Battlefield 3 + Battlefield Premium - $79.99
Mass Effect 3 - $35.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - $47.99
ME1 + ME2 DD + Mass Effect 3 DD - $59.99

7/12-14
Need for Speed: The Run - $9.99

Cheers,
Tony

Hell yes. Definitely picking up Hot Pursuit and maybe Alice. Thanks! :D

I'm so tempted to get kingdoms of Amalur, do we know if it will ever get a GOTY version since that company is pretty much defunct now?

AFAIK it was an EA Partners game, so any GotY edition would have had to be organised by the developers. So, in short, the answer to your question is no.

nel e nel

I just want to say I bought the Duke Nukem Forever pack and it is a much better PC game then a console game. It looks better, plays better (if you use mouse a keyboard,) and those long ass load time are completely gone on PC. Load times are no longer then 10 seconds for me, unlike the console which was more around 40 seconds. I can actually just enjoy the game now.

[threadhijack] Speaking of DNF, it's on sale for $5 new at Gamestop. Worth checking out at that price? [/threadhijack]

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Why did Binary Domain disappear from the OP? Steam keys still in stock?

Edit: nvm, just read this page.

Damn, NFS: The Run is next weekend. :/ Oh well, maybe I can maybe possibly finish the other 4 games I've bought in this sale.
Fat chance there.

hlhbk

How was NFS the run and PGA 12 the masters? Considering those... Also any word on if and how much Sniper V2 would be?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Still playing through and loving Mirror's Edge. I think it might be the most beautiful game I have ever seen.

No one tell me I'm wrong please.

sorry too much thread for me to go through it all. Is Xcom out? Like did I miss out on that deal? Or is it still available and i'm just not seeing it?

Watevaman

Would like to know how PGA 12 is on PC. I like putt putt or hot shots golf games but is PGA a lot more complicated? Could it be a relaxing "fire up and play 20 minutes while leaning back in my chair" game?

And is PGA 08 better?

How was NFS the run and PGA 12 the masters? Considering those... Also any word on if and how much Sniper V2 would be?

Would like to know how PGA 12 is on PC. I like putt putt or hot shots golf games but is PGA a lot more complicated? Could it be a relaxing "fire up and play 20 minutes while leaning back in my chair" game?

PGA 12 masters got a lot of hate...I liked it and so did my stepdad. Different strokes I guess.

I've not hear back from the Sniper guys yet, as soon as I do I will update.

Don't suppose there's any news of Arma 2 being restocked yet?

I think they have my cell phone going straight to voicemail at this point.

sorry too much thread for me to go through it all. Is Xcom out? Like did I miss out on that deal? Or is it still available and i'm just not seeing it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00846E6X4/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - runs through 7/14

Cheers,
Tony

Guys,

7/6-7/14

Tooth of Naros DLC-$4.99

Cheers,
Tony

Yes! Yes!

Tony you are the man! :)

Anywhere I can write to EA and tell them of the great job you are doing?

I feel like you deserve recognition for all the nice work you do and with such enthusiasm. I know people can say that you are only this way because you want our money, but the way you go about informing us and helping us is truly great.

You have made me an avid Amazon buyer, which I imagine your bosses must love.

Thanks again :)

Mmmm, I kinda wish all the items in that Sega Awesome Pack also got some type of individual discounts. I really only need Genesis Collection 5, so I'm stuck still paying full price to get only that, I guess they come with codes for each game / collection right? So I guess I could just get the pack and give away the other codes.

I mean, 7.50 is still a pretty solid deal for a pack with Phantasy Star, SoR3, and Beyond Oasis. But I paid that for the whole 48-game mega pack earlier, so it just seems pricey.

Hey Tony, might we see Sins of a Solar Empire on sale, either rebellion or the original?

I think Gamestop owns the rights to those games now since they bought Stardock, I know we don't carry them...wish we did.

Tony, do you know if Amalur DLC works with all versions of the game, or only with the Amazon version?

No idea, anyone else know?

Yes! Yes!

Tony you are the man! :)

Anywhere I can write to EA and tell them of the great job you are doing?

I feel like you deserve recognition for all the nice work you do and with such enthusiasm. I know people can say that you are only this way because you want our money, but the way you go about informing us and helping us is truly great.

You have made me an avid Amazon buyer, which I imagine your bosses must love.

Thanks again :)

Lol glad you're digging the deals.

Honestly, in terms of letting people know what kind of job I'm doing, this is best accomplished by helping spread the word. The 'Gaf threads from Nelo Ice is reviewed at the director level almost every week (which makes for super awkward conversation about posting pictures of my tattoos on the internet...).

Its not really necessary to do any of that though, I love my job, I love this industry, and I love helping get gamers closer to understanding why stuff happens the way it does.

if this is Steam, it's mine.

Negative ghostrider.

Mmmm, I kinda wish all the items in that Sega Awesome Pack also got some type of individual discounts. I really only need Genesis Collection 5, so I'm stuck still paying full price to get only that, I guess they come with codes for each game / collection right? So I guess I could just get the pack and give away the other codes.

I mean, 7.50 is still a pretty solid deal for a pack with Phantasy Star, SoR3, and Beyond Oasis. But I paid that for the whole 48-game mega pack earlier, so it just seems pricey.

Everything in each Sega bundle will be 50% off starting 7/7-7/14.

Cheers,
Tony

JAGII

Neo Member
Gaf, I need some advice.

I want to get an action game, but I'm not sure which to pick up: Binary Domain at 10 bucks, Space Marine at 7.50 (assuming that will be the Steam price), or Bulletstorm at 5 bucks. I've played the demos of each, and liked them all, but no one stood out over the others.

My sole criteria is "Must be satisfying when stuff goes boom." I really don't want much story involvement, as I want to be able to listen to podcasts and such when I play. I intend this to be a veg-out game. That said, I don't want something too terribly long, as I have limited game time and I do like to finish my games.

Any suggestions?

Watevaman

Gaf, I need some advice.

I want to get an action game, but I'm not sure which to pick up: Binary Domain at 10 bucks, Space Marine at 7.50 (assuming that will be the Steam price), or Bulletstorm at 5 bucks. I've played the demos of each, and liked them all, but no one stood out over the others.

My sole criteria is "Must be satisfying when stuff goes boom." I really don't want much story involvement, as I want to be able to listen to podcasts and such when I play. I intend this to be a veg-out game. That said, I don't want something too terribly long, as I have limited game time and I do like to finish my games.

Any suggestions?

Bulletstorm is satisfying as hell when things go boom.

Gaf, I need some advice.

Any suggestions?

We have Space Marine for $7.49 right now too btw.

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom