• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Zimbardo

so i'm located in canada ...and if i was to drop in some random US billing address, is there any way that you could get in shit for doing that?

i'd like to buy a couple games on there, but i'm a little leary of making up a fake billing address.

Ledsen

so i'm located in canada ...and if i was to drop in some random US billing address, is there any way that you could get in shit for doing that?

i'd like to buy a couple games on there, but i'm a little leary of making up a fake billing address.

As long as it's a real US adress and not a fake one, no problem.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So do they activate on Origin? I guess they should..? Can we add that to OP too? :)

Yep.

EA games don't activate on Steam! EA games with CD keys all activate on Orgin except for older titles such as Bulletstorm or Mirrors Edge which require talking to customer support to get activated.
And that's there 3 times in the OP for good measure lol.

As long as it's a real US adress and not a fake one, no problem.
And just added this.

International Buyers: Use your credit card with a random REAL US billing address and phone number.

Nelo Ice

Banned
oh fuck ...i just put in what is probably a fake one.

the original post said random ...so i figured any old thing would do.

now what?

the order went through.

No clue some guy on reddit said his account got closed or something worst case email CS say you accidentally put the wrong address.

Pachael

Just bought NFS:HP and I can confirm it loaded fine in Origin. :) $50 well spent so far!

Thanks to Amazon and their great deals, my Games Library is starting to look like my Steam backlog ;p

EDIT: To the poster below, I'm from Down Unda, no issues activating in Origin.

Addnan

I'm sure this has been answered, but the thread is quite big. I am in the UK, I have downloaded Steam games from here and they activated fine, but am wondering if there will be any trouble activating Origin games, particularly Hot Pursuit in origin from uk?

Danj

I'm sure this has been answered, but the thread is quite big. I am in the UK, I have downloaded Steam games from here and they activated fine, but am wondering if there will be any trouble activating Origin games, particularly Hot Pursuit in origin from uk?

Can't speak for Hot Pursuit but I successfully bought and activated C&C4 and Dead Space 2 from Amazon.com on Origin this morning and I'm in the UK.

_machine

I've bought 4 Origin games and they all worked perfectly. Origin doesn't even have region locks (yet) so everything should work.

codhand

Feelin pretty good about myself right now for pickin up Binary Domain, loved the first hour, can't wait to see the rest.

gogogow

Yeah, glad Binary Domain is doing so well. I picked it up the day it was discounted. It's a fun game, but unfortunately runs like shit on AMD GPUs :( It can run at 60fps at one scene and into the single digit framerate the other. Though I already knew that with the demo. Just secretly hoped it would be fixed in the final version.

mtommy

Neo Member
Non-USA-ian here.

Can someone give me an address in a state with no tax?

Same here.
And is it safe to give a real address? Amazon will not send your personal information (like credit card,...) to this address?

Can't go wrong with this. I've been using this for a while without any problems from Canada.

Delaware Mailboxes, LLC
1400 Peoples Plaza
Suite 104
Newark, DE 19702
302.292.2502 - Phone

Tony,

I don't see this address yet so please forgive me for asking a question if its already been answered.

Will we ever be able to add pc downloads to our amazon cart or at least buy multiple pc downloads at once? There have been a few times where I wanted to buy 2 or more different pc dowloads but I didn't buy any of them because I didn't want to run 2 separate transactions right next to each other and possibly causing my credit card to get locked.

Link Man

Banned
Just got the Amalur DLC, and wanted to report that it did activate with a retail copy of the game. However, just a warning, but you need to remove the dashes when entering the code.

Lain

I don't think this has been answered, but is the Amalur DLC region locked? Would it work with an EU copy of the game, or only for NA?

Wanting to jump on the BD bandwagon as well, but I've heard the keyboard controls are unplayable and that, in truth, you must use an 360 controller. Anyone disagree?

I am using kb/m (default even)and not having an issue? As a matter of fact I tried it with controller too and decided to go back to kb/m.

And while I'm on the subject of this game, it really is a helluva deal at 10 bucks. I am having a really good time playing through.

Gibbo

Anyone wants a key to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light? I've completed it on the 360 and have no real need to play it again.

I only ask the person who gets it to pay it foward (Give away a game in your purchased bundle that you don't need to someone else!)

Just quote this and I'll PM ya the code

Anyone wants a key to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light? I've completed it on the 360 and have no real need to play it again.

I only ask the person who gets it to pay it foward (Give away a game in your purchased bundle that you don't need to someone else!)

Just quote this and I'll PM ya the code

Can I have it? Thanks :)

I'll also give away a copy of nuclear dawn to whoever wants it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way to force Spec Ops to show keyboard prompts rather than controller prompts? Other than disconnecting the controller, I guess.

gdt

is there a way to force Spec Ops to show keyboard prompts rather than controller prompts? Other than disconnecting the controller, I guess.

It shows whatever prompts I'm currently using, on the fly. I have a wireless 360 pad though, dunno if that makes a difference.

Still regret getting payday. It was so so for a bit and now it's back to running like crap. Oh how I wish I could resell it or give it away. Actually, no. I wouldn't want to make anyone suffer.

What didn't you like about it or is it just not running properly for you? I love Payday and it's got a good, loyal community and the game has lots of replayability. Can't recommend it enough for 5 bucks, I like it much more than L4D. It has a progression system and more customization.

Top Bottom