• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Lain

I don't think this has been answered, but is the Amalur DLC region locked? Would it work with an EU copy of the game, or only for NA?

I'll answer myself, since I took a chance: had no problem redeeming the Amalur DLC code bought from Amazon.com with my Italian copy of the game.

There's a indy devs on all over gaf and heres the indie game dev topic. Theres a ton of devs in the iOS gaming thread as well. I'm sure most of them know where devs congregate.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445986

Also off the top of my head Chubigans got his game rejected by Steam 3 times.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399219

I'm headed over there...RIGHT NOW.

any update on ARMA II? How much will it be?

Still.no.keys. I'm very frustrated as well. If/when we get keys we're going to do 25% off.

When you try to buy NHL it says Unavailable :(
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047T7JKO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Bah, didn't notice that. :( Maybe Tony can explain what's going on. I was just looking around and noticed the price changed from $9.99 it was the other day to $4.99 which is the sale price.

Does anyone know if Madden 08 or whatever has the newer right stick controls? I can't remember if they killed it off before or after updating the old as hell controls. I think I remember it was before they updated the pc for the newer controls but I'm not sure.

I'm looking into it now, I remember us having issues getting it up earlier. Stay tuned.

Also, and Nelo is going to update the OP. I got my wires crossed with Sega, and apparently our 75% off Fall of the Samurai is only good through today. After which point (through 7/14) it will be 50% off.

Sorry for the confusion, been a crazy couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Tony

Shadybiz

Oh man...was going to buy the 2 Tiger Woods games, but then read the reviews. ...I am glad I read the reviews. May bite on Hot Pursuit, though.

sazzy

I'm headed over there...RIGHT NOW.

Still.no.keys. I'm very frustrated as well. If/when we get keys we're going to do 25% off.

I'm looking into it now, I remember us having issues getting it up earlier. Stay tuned.

Also, and Nelo is going to update the OP. I got my wires crossed with Sega, and apparently our 75% off Fall of the Samurai is only good through today. After which point (through 7/14) it will be 50% off.

Sorry for the confusion, been a crazy couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Tony

one man army right here folks

Grizza

Weird. I redeemed my Binary Domain code on Steam and it went through fine, but it won't show up in my Library and won't start to DL when I click the Play Now button on the game page. Anyone ever have anything like this happen to them?

sazzy

Weird. I redeemed my Binary Domain code on Steam and it went through fine, but it won't show up in my Library and won't start to DL when I click the Play Now button on the game page. Anyone ever have anything like this happen to them?

Try restarting steam.

came to ask the same thing did you also get this?

nvm it works now...now...

nickelpat

Neo Member
With Kingdoms of Amalur, if you bought the game on Steam, you will need to get it on Origin for the DLC, to do that just contact the support. Shoot them the key and they should add it to your account for you.

For what its worth. I paid full price for ARMA II just for DayZ, and it pays for itself over and over.

Easily the game Im wanting to try out more than any other right now (DayZ). Id hate buying it to only have this key issue resolved 10 minutes later or have the steam sale kick off or something, but man... I wanted to play this LAST weekend. And now, i have two weeks off. Its going to be really hard to not just pony up $30 and just grab it tomorrow.

longdi

Banned
Pc have great sales but it seems the games are not as varied as consoles ...i see the same old games on sales or the same genres from the same publishers....:(

Picked up Warhammer: Space Marine.... which I already own for XBox. (I really liked it, and do a majority of my gaming on PC now, want to see how the game rolls on PC.)

Anyone know what the online community is like at this point?

Pc have great sales but it seems the games are not as varied as consoles ...i see the same old games on sales or the same genres from the same publishers....:(
Are you serious or just joking? Same old games, when titles like Max Payne, Amalur, Spec Ops and lots more recent titels are on sale. I just grabbed Space Marine from Steam for $5, a game from fall 2011.

Of course games go on sale lots of times. Now they are $50 and get a -50%, in a few months it'll get a -75%, after that a price drop and a -50% again, etc.

If you don't see a lot of different and varied games on PC, you're just not looking hard enough.

Enco

I agree that sales are usually the same but pc gaming rocks. The fact that games are always cheaper than the console alternatives makes the pricing even better. It's like a constant sale.

More games from more devs would be nice though.

I know what you mean man, Max Payne 3, Spec Ops the Line, Binary Domain, Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai, Kingdoms of Amalur, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Syndicate are super old and on sale like every week!

pc has no game

Lol what does this mean?

Cheers,
Tony

MRORANGE

Lol what does this mean?

Cheers,
Tony

ubKc8.jpg

Tess3ract

Banned
Because half of the games we want, they don't release for the PC because they think no one will buy it (like rpgs, the market is small but dedicated. the rpg could be shit and we'd still buy it within reason)

Also they figure "well this sold well on a deal, lets do it again!" instead of going "well this isn't really selling well so lets have this on sale more often because it sure as heck isn't selling at full price"

I really really hate when publishers INSIST on keeping an older game at a higher msrp. Like The Last Remnant rarely goes on sale and stays at it's MSRP of $40, and then when they do a deal it's only like $10 or something. The shit is not selling, put it on a sale or lower the msrp you retards.

Zel3

Picked up Warhammer: Space Marine.... which I already own for XBox. (I really liked it, and do a majority of my gaming on PC now, want to see how the game rolls on PC.)

Anyone know what the online community is like at this point?

I have no trouble finding matches but mostly everybody is level 41 and they have ridiculous perks that make versus unfair. :/

RetroGreg

I think I'm going to buy Space marine. The DLC on Steam is mostly for multiplayer? I'm only going to play single player probably, but don't know if I should wait for a complete pack.

Eusis

I think it's more that there's a different variety, not that it necessarily has less. You see a lot less of these strategy games on consoles for example, and for the most part the only RPGs that hit consoles are JRPGs, Bioware/Obsidian and Bethesda RPGs, and the odd action RPG.

Phazon

Bought that Squeenix package yesterday, a very nice deal. Can't seem to activate Underworld on steam, while some people say they can. It's not a big issue for me, but I hope you can update us about what happened Tony.

Bought that Squeenix package yesterday, a very nice deal. Can't seem to activate Underworld on steam, while some people say they can. It's not a big issue for me, but I hope you can update us about what happened Tony.

So weird, I just tested it in my account and the Key activated on Steam (new purchase from today) the only thing I can think of is that the last batch they gave us were Steam keys by accident.

Cheers,
Tony

Phazon

So weird, I just tested it in my account and the Key activated on Steam (new purchase from today) the only thing I can think of is that the last batch they gave us were Steam keys by accident.

Cheers,
Tony

I'll just DL it on my Amazon account, not a problem at all.

Keep up the good work :)

dreamfall

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah, bought the Square Enix pack and Underworld didn't activate on Steam over here. Everything else does though.

Danj

Is Dead Space 2 steam compatible? If not what kind of DRM do Amazon downloads usually come with?

EA stuff activates on Origin, Steam stuff (it's labelled) activates on Steam. No idea about the stuff that doesn't activate on either, but who buys that stuff anyway :p

Haven't heard back yet, I imagine it'll be next week before we do.

Cheers,
Tony

Man, next week? I bought Mount & Balde then 2 days later, I bought Warband. No Stem for either.

Im just throwing money at you guys at this point. :p

Still no answer from the credit card thing. I want to buy the amalur DLC, dammit. XD

Qwell

Ok really odd request, for some reason I kind of want to get Madden 08 for $5, does anyone know if it plays nice with the wireless 360 PC controller, or do you have to manually map the buttons in game or through xpad or something?

Owensboro

picked up bulletstorm and i tried contacting origin support but they aren't open

I just did the "Call Me" option through Origin and got a call 15 minutes later. The bummer was that the guy who helped me couldn't get it to Activate on Origin because it's a GFWL key, which means I either need to go through GFWL, or Amazon to get the game.

No biggie though. I'll just stick with the Amazon download :)

Dude - now I hope my Tomb Raider will have a Steam key. WHHHHYYYYYYYY did somebody have to mention this.......

Updated OP with Tom Raider situation.

....But what if I WANTED a steam key?

Like if I could get a steam key for underworld I'd buy it right now

Sorry about the weird situation guys. We have an email out to SE about this but they are in Japan so I don't know that we'll hear back this weekend.

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom