• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

sazzy

I suggest for every potential buyer of Borderlands to:
1. Get all the DLCs.
2. Get a four pack and play with 4 people using voice chat (not the in-game one if possible)
3. Read PC Gaming Wiki before playing like all other games.

That way you can maximize the fun.

That sounds like homework :lol
Seriously though, Borderlands is a great game.

feel

She's not pretty yet but here she is:

www.amazon.com/dp/B008I6NTVK

This will be $14.99 starting tomorrow (Sunday 7/8). Plus, when you purchase it you'll get $5 off any of our 3 THQ pre-orders (Darksiders II, Metro Last Light, or Southpark). This should bring the price of whatever you pre-order down to $39.99.

Cheers,
Tony
Steam keys for every single item in this bundle no? So bought.

holy shit how am I only finding out about this glorious wiki site now

I suggest for every potential buyer of Borderlands to:
1. Get all the DLCs.
2. Get a four pack and play with 4 people using voice chat (not the in-game one if possible)

That way you can maximize the fun.

I still need to get around to playing more of Borderlands even though I bought it almost a year ago. If any new buyers wants to jump in some multiplayer, PM me.

Danj

I've never played a Total War game, but I do like strategy games, what are the games in the Total War series like and is there any particular one (that's on sale) that stands out above the rest?

I've never played a Total War game, but I do like strategy games, what are the games in the Total War series like and is there any particular one (that's on sale) that stands out above the rest?

Speaking of Total War, the bundle is going for 134.92 right now...

Tony must be raging

Ledsen

Most people say that rome, medieval 2 and shogun 2 are the best ones. So pick the era you're most interested in.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Binary News: I've just beaten that Jet thingie boss where you had to use the stingers. Everyone who's remotely thinking about buying Binary Domain should do so immediately. This game is so much fun, every single character in this game is awesome and the story so far is really intriguing. And for the record, I didn't like Gears at all.

Important: increase PoV and lower stick sensitivity in the options for maximum fun.

Most people say that rome, medieval 2 and shogun 2 are the best ones. So pick the era you're most interested in.

I would say Medieval 2 because of the new mechanics, and maybe Rome if you like the lore and have a low config. You can play it on most netbooks.

Kweh

7/12-14
THQ Bundle 7/8-7/14 $14.99:

1. Darksiders
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armageddon
4. Red Faction Armageddon Path to War DLC
5. Nexuiz
6. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Are these likely to activate on Steam?

thundr51

Ok so just finished Binary domain and looking for something else. Not looking to jump into Origin yet as I really don't feel like installing YET ANOTHER digital download client. (Got steam and windows live and something else)
Suggestions?

nickelpat

Neo Member
nickelpat, please confirm here, if you can play the vanilla Shogun 2. :)

Will do, waiting on the download still. My 600kb/s download speed battles with the 20GB file.

I should note, vanilla Shogun 2 does show up as "Purchased" in the store. Not allowing me to buy it again. I'll get back to you guys with whether or not I can access that content when this last 15% finished up.

Kccitystar

I'm on the fence about Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box since it's only $4.99 for the Origin version. I want the Steam version though....Q_Q

I'm interested to hear if Shogun 2 comes with the standalone expansion key. I don't really have interest in the expansion but would love the original at that price.

nickelpat

Neo Member
I'm interested to hear if Shogun 2 comes with the standalone expansion key. I don't really have interest in the expansion but would love the original at that price.

My internet is pretty darn slow, so it will be a bit until I can tell you guys if I can access the vanilla content. Until then, screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/YS42Z

One of the images didn't upload quite right, but it shows what it needs to, which is the game in the library.

kaskade

I keep thinking about Borderlands but I feel like at this point I might as well wait for 2. I did just buy like 10 games over the past few days anyway.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Any reason why you wouldn't want the expansion pack if you're happy to pay that price? Fall of the Samurai is set ~300 years after the standard Shogun 2 campaign. Because it has new units, factions and a revised campaign map, you have the option to chose between it or the standard Shogun 2 campaign when playing single player.

I'm fairly certain choosing the original campaign does not blend in Fall of the Samurai units or content. The time periods are completely different.

By the way, why is the Total War Bundle showing up as $134.92?

Seems weird.

Has the FM2012 / Virtua Tennis 4 deal expired? Showing as $50 for me.

Those sales ended yesterday, now all the Sega stuff that was in the bundles is 50% off.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm in the process of pulling down the bundles now that they are expired.

Hey Tony any ANNO series (2070, 1404, 1701, etc) bundle sale?

Ubi will be doing SOMETHING in August, still finalizing.

tony, drop this guise. i want to know the real tony.

You can't handle the real Tony!

The real Tony is MUCH less cool than you guys probably imagine.

Cheers,
Tony

Any reason why you wouldn't want the expansion pack if you're happy to pay that price? Fall of the Samurai is set ~300 years after the standard Shogun 2 campaign. Because it has new units, factions and a revised campaign map, you have the option to chose between it or the standard Shogun 2 campaign when playing single player.

I'm fairly certain choosing the original campaign does not blend in Fall of the Samurai units or content. The time periods are completely different.

So I can play the original Shogun 2 campaign with the purchase of the expansion and I don't need to use the new units?

I just don't have any interest in the samurai vs modern weapon gameplay the expansion is focused on. If I can still play the original campaign that would be perfect.

nickelpat

Neo Member
Okay, got it launched finally. I cannot access the Shogun 2 campaign, only the Fall of the Samurai.

Which leads me to ask the question, how do I go about purchasing the vanilla Shogun 2 now? As Steam is deadset that I own it.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Okay, got it launched finally. I cannot access the Shogun 2 campaign, only the Fall of the Samurai.

Which leads me to ask the question, how do I go about purchasing the vanilla Shogun 2 now? As Steam is deadset that I own it.

Edit: just saw the pictures on the last page. It's weird.

nickelpat

Neo Member
You sure about that ? You only bought the Fall of the samurai stand alone expansion right ?

I only bought bought the expansion from Amazon, but on Steam it tells me I own the vanilla game

wA4mMh.png

As well as the expansion

K' Dash

To the People who bought the Saboteur in the EA pack, it seems I can't play it with M/KB or 360 pad, the controls shit on me once the game loads the menu, I can't select anything,

Also it's eating my card I can hear the fans struggling to keep it cool, is the game that demanding?

I have a Sapphire 7850, btw, any tips would be appreciated.

Elginer

To the People who bought the Saboteur in the EA pack, it seems I can't play it with M/KB or 360 pad, the controls shit on me once the game loads the menu, I can't select anything,

Also it's eating my card I can hear the fans struggling to keep it cool, is the game that demanding?

I have a Sapphire 7850, btw, any tips would be appreciated.

It doesn't like ATI cards, which is why I didn't pick it up that bundle. Looks to be an awesome game but shit support since the dev went under and it was broken on ATI cards out the game. :(

K' Dash

It doesn't like ATI cards, which is why I didn't pick it up that bundle. Looks to be an awesome game but shit support since the dev went under and it was broken on ATI cards out the game. :(

NOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any way to fix this? I've seen some kind of patch while looking for an answer :(

Elginer

NOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any way to fix this? I've seen some kind of patch while looking for an answer :(

Here's the only patch they ever released. It has mixed results from what I hear but give it a shot.
Also if you have a quadcore manually make the game use only 2 cores as that seems to help as well.

Top Bottom