• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

XEROWUN

Neo Member
I saw this over on CAG, is this real?

"Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580

I saw this over on CAG, is this real?

"Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back."

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317580

Yes it is real. Apparently you missed the Melrose Place Drama that this post caused over here in the Steam thread.

Nelo,

Would you mind adding this to the OP here and the Amazon DD thread?

Cheers,
Tony

Hey guys,

My boss bet me that I couldn't sell 5,000 copies of any bundle of casual games in 2 months.

I think he's wrong.

How much do you think this bundle is worth? Vote on it and we'll set the price at the majority vote.

If the answer is "there is no price on earth that would make me want those games, and I wouldn't install them if you paid me to" then that's fine too. I'll be running this poll in a few different communities.

Cheers,
Tony

Before jumping on the 2K Strategy Pack, I wanted to confirm something. I know that Civ V: Game of the Year Edition is a Steam activation which I want, but I wanted to make sure that it gives me access to the SteamPlay version so I could play it both on PC and Mac.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
tony is there any promotion going on for Guild Wars 2? GMG just screwed over some prospective customers, and now might be a good time to counter

nickelpat

Neo Member
Hey guys,

My boss bet me that I couldn't sell 5,000 copies of any bundle of casual games in 2 months.

I think he's wrong.

How much do you think this bundle is worth? Vote on it and we'll set the price at the majority vote.

If the answer is "there is no price on earth that would make me want those games, and I wouldn't install them if you paid me to" then that's fine too. I'll be running this poll in a few different communities.

Cheers,
Tony

PopCap games. Give me a Bejeweled and Plants vs. Zombies bundle and I'm in :p

As for that, I wouldn't pay anything for that particular bundle. I can't say I'd put any time into anything in there.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

The lowest price you can possibly do. But I only say that because I've never even heard of any of those games. I'm not anti-casual or anything, I dig just about anything that PopCap puts out.

To give you an actual number, let's say $10.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hey guys,

I think he's wrong.

Cheers,
Tony

I'm gonnna have to go with no chance I buy this. Also added the Borderlands promo under a Pre-Order deals section. Will add that to the Amazon DD thread once this sale is over since it's not getting much traffic anyway.

Katoki

That bundle reminds me of those games you find on those stands/bins randomly at some Office Max or Office Depot. When I think about it now, even some indie games for cheaper are of better quality.

Man, Im so stupid!

I have been waiting all day for Amazon to accept my last purchase cause I had to put my CC info again.

Just now I realized I put the wrong info in! XD

Now, I have to wait. Again!

PS - What can you people tell me of Nuclear Dawn?

legacyzero

Banned
Hey guys,

I think he's wrong.

Cheers,
Tony
Damn, It's $150 now?

You sure you want that Challenge??

oh, and what's the wager?

EDIT: I'd say $5-$10

Nelo Ice

Banned
Man, Im so stupid!

I have been waiting all day for Amazon to accpet my last purchase c ause I had to put my CC info again.

Want a free copy? I've had one sitting in my inventory since they gave out free copies to anyone without it.

nickelpat

Neo Member
Man, Im so stupid!

I have been waiting all day for Amazon to accept my last purchase cause I had to put my CC info again.

Nuclear Dawn, it's pretty neat, and the RTS elements work well (almost like a more in depth Battlefield 2 commander), but it runs on the Source engine (not the prettiest flower in the garden), the shooting feels a little stiff, and it takes a little bit to get used to how much damage people can take.

Overall, it's a fun game with some really neat mechanics, but it's not something I could see sinking more than 20-30 hours into.

tony is there any promotion going on for Guild Wars 2? GMG just screwed over some prospective customers, and now might be a good time to counter

I wish we were carrying it.

How did GMG screw people over?

Tony I wouldn't want it for free.

PopCap games. Give me a Bejeweled and Plants vs. Zombies bundle and I'm in :p

As for that, I wouldn't pay anything for that particular bundle. I can't say I'd put any time into anything in there.

I'm going with the "I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole" crowd.

The lowest price you can possibly do. But I only say that because I've never even heard of any of those games. I'm not anti-casual or anything, I dig just about anything that PopCap puts out.

To give you an actual number, let's say $10.

I'm gonnna have to go with no chance I buy this. Also added the Borderlands promo under a Pre-Order deals section. Will add that to the Amazon DD thread once this sale is over since it's not getting much traffic anyway.

That bundle reminds me of those games you find on those stands/bins randomly at some Office Max or Office Depot. When I think about it now, even some indie games for cheaper are of better quality.

Same for me.

Damn, It's $150 now?

You sure you want that Challenge??

oh, and what's the wager?

EDIT: I'd say $5-$10

Lol noted. This particular bundle is not attractive to this crowd at any price.

Back to el drawing board.

Cheers,
Tony

Is it easy to gift these games? I'm thinking about buying a couple for a friend.

I assume with the Steam-activated ones, I could just email the code. Will that work for the Origin games too?

Tess3ract

Banned
Hey guys,

I think he's wrong.

Cheers,
Tony

Gonna be honest, I wouldn't pay a dollar for any of that. That's definitely Office Max/Staples bargin bin garbage. Now if they were popcap games, or something of higher quality, my stance would change.

Hi Tony,
I've been wondering if Amazon is going to get Tekken x Street fighter in the near future? It's a game that's 'failed' according to the community, but it seems that the developers are working to fix some of the problems it's had and I'd jump all over that if there was even a slight sale on it (big tekken fan but no options for PC).

legacyzero

Banned
Hey guys,

I think he's wrong.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, if that's the bundle that he's is forcing you to bet on, he's TROLLING the hell out of you BAHAHAA

XEROWUN

Neo Member
I wish we were carrying it.

How did GMG screw people over?

Cheers,
Tony

they have a flat 25% promotion going on that last until Monday, but they ran out of GW2 codes. they took GW2 off their site completely. some people actually cancelled preorders to buy GMG's

official word sounds like they will be refunding those who didn't get a code, while others are saying they will send out codes when they get more.

Alex

I'd buy a Popcap bundle or maybe something with Diner/Cooking dash (I have a thing for those, leave me alone), but I think that's about it.

Minion101

Banned
Hey guys,

I think he's wrong.

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah the people those games are aimed for, very few probably have ever bought anything online. It's the kind of shit they sell at office depot (my job) :(

Tess3ract

Banned
Like if you were asking how much I think some rube would pay for that pack, and I'd still say maybe $5-10 tops, but only if you marketed it to people who didn't know any better. At most you might have most of the purchases being people buying it for their dad's or something as a stocking stuffer gift.

Even then I'm not sure you'd hit 5,000. Maybe 500-1000

I'm sure it was an honest mistake but their backend system shouldn't have allowed orders to go through without keys to fulfill them. Greenman Gaming that is.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I would actually buy some of these "Tycoon" games if they were good. I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon. I felt like it reached the perfect amount of complexity for me (I want a lot of control, but I don't want to get bogged down in micromanagement too much). Plus theme parks are just cool. If more of these games were as good as that I'd be interested.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Binary Domain is way more fun than I thought it would be. The story bits are gold, feels a bit like Gears meets MGS Twin Snakes meets something I can't put my finger on :D

I pre ordered the ultimate collectors edition of borderlands 2 for PC. Will it count?

Yep sure does! Any platform!

Gonna be honest, I wouldn't pay a dollar for any of that. That's definitely Office Max/Staples bargin bin garbage. Now if they were popcap games, or something of higher quality, my stance would change.

Hi Tony,
I've been wondering if Amazon is going to get Tekken x Street fighter in the near future? It's a game that's 'failed' according to the community, but it seems that the developers are working to fix some of the problems it's had and I'd jump all over that if there was even a slight sale on it (big tekken fan but no options for PC).

Tony, if that's the bundle that he's is forcing you to bet on, he's TROLLING the hell out of you BAHAHAA

Yeah the people those games are aimed for, very few probably have ever bought anything online. It's the kind of shit they sell at office depot (my job) :(

Don't take the bet on that bundle.

Like if you were asking how much I think some rube would pay for that pack, and I'd still say maybe $5-10 tops, but only if you marketed it to people who didn't know any better. At most you might have most of the purchases being people buying it for their dad's or something as a stocking stuffer gift.

Even then I'm not sure you'd hit 5,000. Maybe 500-1000

I would actually buy some of these "Tycoon" games if they were good. I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon. I felt like it reached the perfect amount of complexity for me (I want a lot of control, but I don't want to get bogged down in micromanagement too much). Plus theme parks are just cool. If more of these games were as good as that I'd be interested.

Lol got it.

Cheers,
Tony

nickelpat

Neo Member
I would say Spec Ops. The gameplay is a bit on the generic side (but then again Amalur too) but the story is amazingin Spec Ops.

Spec Ops has great characters and story, Amalur has a lot of content and hands down some of the best combat in an RPG.

If you want a deep, evolving story: Spec Ops
If you want a whole lot of gameplay: Amalur

Alex

I'd never play Spec Ops just because of the aesthetics and I'm a big RPG nut and love MMO trappings especially.

With that in mind, my vote is for Spec Ops. Amalur is not a good game in any way, shape or form, IMO. I cannot imagine, based on what I've heard, that Spec Ops could be anywhere near as uninspired and bland or killed by awkward tuning and tedium.

Top Bottom