• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Ploid 3.0

Cool thanks, going to download the rest on amazon.

So many games. I never thought I'd have so many PC games after one year of having a gaming PC.

Tess3ract

Banned
Damnit, I just want armageddon so badly. If someone buys that THQ pack can they sell RFA and the DLC to me for cheap or something?

For real, please.

I own literally everything in that pack already except for RFA.

was the square enix bundle supposed to end yesterday

Yeah, I mentioned this a few times in the thread and in various emails and such. Sorry about that.

I'm pushing for us to bring it back before the end of the sale though, we should be talking to Square soon so stay tuned.

I believe I shall be getting DS2 from Amazon as well. Just for clarification, the DD version on Amazon is a steam key right?

Yep it is.

Cheers,
Tony

Pacalon

Neo Member
I'm an idiot and didn't notice that the Square Enix bundle was ending. Went to take a look at it today and no longer available. Doh!

Tony, any chance Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga goes on sale during this?

I'm an idiot and didn't notice that the Square Enix bundle was ending. Went to take a look at it today and no longer available. Doh!

Tony, any chance Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga goes on sale during this?

Not your fault, I'm learning a ton during this sale about better ways to communicate sale periods :).

Working on Divinity 2.

Cheers,
Tony

mosesjohn

Neo Member
Yeah, I mentioned this a few times in the thread and in various emails and such. Sorry about that.

I'm pushing for us to bring it back before the end of the sale though, we should be talking to Square soon so stay tuned.

that would be awesome! i had seen it a few times... i thought i didnt want anything since i had just cause 2, but i found out that lara croft gol has some pretty amazing coop, which im looking for. also the just cause 2 mp came out, so having an extra copy would be awesome to give to one of my buddies. i would probably trade or giveaway the other games.

Ledsen

Uhm, guys? I know Tony is too nice to say no, but... If you have a technical problem with your order, you should contact CS. That's what they're there for. Now I'm not speaking for Tony at all, but trying to get him to fix your order issue by PM:ing him (I know some people did this) or writing in the thread is just abusing the fact that he's here communicating with us. He's NOT your personal customer service. I know on other forums I visit that have company reps, you get banned (or at least a warning) for asking the rep about personal cs issues because that's not why they are there.

Uhm, guys? I know Tony is too nice to say no, but... If you have a technical problem with your order, you should contact CS. That's what they're there for. Now I'm not speaking for Tony at all, but trying to get him to fix your order issue by PM:ing him (I know some people did this) or writing in the thread is just abusing the fact that he's here communicating with us. He's NOT your personal customer service. I know on other forums I visit that have company reps, you get banned (or at least a warning) for asking the rep about personal cs issues because that's not why they are there.

^This.

I'm surprised there's some Gaffers out there that don't know how online and digital shopping works : /

Anyways, not to derail the thread again. Think I might bite on Alice. I really want a steam copy but with my new laptop arriving during the week it will be awesome to play on my TV! Also want Sonic Generations for the same reason but it seems I will have to pay full price.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A week? LMAO you had it good friend. It took me 2 years to be approved. It was a very long 2 years. So congrats for making it so quick! :D
Is that serious? Strangely they approved me 1 day after submitting my registration. Don't know the reason why, though...

Katoki

Is that serious? Strangely they approved me 1 day after submitting my registration. Don't know the reason why, though...

You probably got lucky and signed up right before they started approving accounts. I only had to wait bit under a month in itself so I guess I'm fortunate too.

But anyway, I'm so borderline on getting Kingdom's of Amalur again. I had it on the PS3 but sold the console so I never got to finish. I'm already in that "Need it on Steam" mindset so I can watch myself rack up hours for no apparent reason.

Milamber

I first submitted on 2009 on my last job but left at the beginning of 2011 so not sure if I recieved the registration approval after that. My new job at mid 2011 had me register again in hope & beginning of 2012 I finally recieved it. It was glorious.

Danj

You didnt misread this was an error on my part that I didn't catch until yesterday. You might have missed my update in the thread.

Cheers,
Tony

Responding from mobile sorry for typos.

Ah crap. Oh well, thanks for letting us know Tony, guess I will pick it up in the Steam sale instead if they do it at that price.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have had the retail version of Borderlands 2 reserved for quite some time. If I cancel that and get the digital version, will I get all the preorder perks that come with the retail version? Also, when are the digital keys distributed for amazon purchases for input into steam?

Elginer

:( is there anything you think we can do to assist? I don't have any creative solutions I can think of at 10:30PM on Saturday. Open to suggestion though.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks but there doesn't seem much I can do about it. Which kind of sucks but it's cool. I at least have the main game with a ton of DLC, so it's cool.

Lain

Thinking about getting Bulletstorm so I'd like to know, is it fun? Also reading the OP, I'll have to contact the Origin CS to get it activated? Is that going to take much time, or is it going to be quick and painless?

Elginer

Thinking about getting Bulletstorm so I'd like to know, is it fun? Also reading the OP, I'll have to contact the Origin CS to get it activated? Is that going to take much time, or is it going to be quick and painless?

Bulletstorm is hella fun. Pretty far out there shooter, played it on 360 for the Gears Beta. Not sure about dealing with EA CS.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Depends on the rep you could be a painless or a pain in the ass. Some will just add the game to your account others will make you go through a hilariously long process of making a pogo account and other junk. Also added YMMV and for people that don't know your mileage may vary as to how the experience is to getting the game activated.

Also reading the OP, I'll have to contact the Origin CS to get it activated? Is that going to take much time, or is it going to be quick and painless?

Depends entirely on your luck. The CS person you talk to might add it immediately or he could just flat out refuse. You should be able to get it done if you're persistent enough, but that might require multiple attempts to contact their CS people. FWIW, I managed to get my key registered on Origin pretty easily.

nickelpat

Neo Member
That THQ Pack is awesome, wish I didn't own most of it already :p

What's the general Gaf consensus on Space Marine? It looks like fun, and it's in a very cool setting, but how's the game actually play? The videos worry me that I'll be spending a lot of time mashing the same button and watching the same finishing moves.

Elginer

What's the consens on Alice? Worth it? Is it on Steam?

Visually beautiful, but game tends to go on a bit longer than it needs to and there are some horrible platforming areas. It seems to be a very polarizing game with some love it or hate it feelings. I thought it was OK but I enjoyed the original more. Then again, that's prob nostalgia talking.

Oh and it's EA, so Origin only.

That THQ Pack is awesome, wish I didn't own most of it already :p

What's the general Gaf consensus on Space Marine? It looks like fun, and it's in a very cool setting, but how's the game actually play? The videos worry me that I'll be spending a lot of time mashing the same button and watching the same finishing moves.

Space marine is my favorite action game of last year. No joke. It has a fantastic blend of melee and gunplay like God of War meets Gears. A very well thought out risk/reward system of melee/xecitins getting you health back. Works aweseome with a 360 controller and well optimized.

Thrakier

Visually beautiful, but game tends to go on a bit longer than it needs to and there are some horrible platforming areas. It seems to be a very polarizing game with some love it or hate it feelings. I thought it was OK but I enjoyed the original more. Then again, that's prob nostalgia talking.

Oh and it's EA, so Origin only.

Thanks, no buy then.

Lain

Bulletstorm is hella fun. Pretty far out there shooter, played it on 360 for the Gears Beta. Not sure about dealing with EA CS.

Depends on the rep you could be a painless or a pain in the ass. Some will just add the game to your account others will make you go through a hilariously long process of making a pogo account and other junk. Also added YMMV and for people that don't know your mileage may vary as to how the experience is to getting the game activated.

Depends entirely on your luck. The CS person you talk to might add it immediately or he could just flat out refuse. You should be able to get it done if you're persistent enough, but that might require multiple attempts to contact their CS people. FWIW, I managed to get my key registered on Origin pretty easily.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Btw, I bought the THQ bundle, but have no need for Darksiders (I already owned it). If someone wants to play it, quote this post and I'll PM you the key.

Havok

Thanks for the replies guys.

Btw, I bought the THQ bundle, but have no need for Darksiders (I already owned it). If someone wants to play it, quote this post and I'll PM you the key.
I'd love it! I have most of the other stuff in the bundle, so I was gonna pass on it.

Edit: Thanks to Lain for the generosity.

Elginer

I'm kicking myself for missing that Square sale. Pretty much own everything in it but the Tomb Raider stuff which I wanted, maybe we can get a Tomb Raider double pack Tony?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Thanks, no buy then.

Well you don't have to use Origin. It just activates on there. Though when you launch it you have need an Origin account to login initially but besides that it does not require Origin to actually be installed or running. So you could just DL it from Amazon and launch it through Steam.

I have had the retail version of Borderlands 2 reserved for quite some time. If I cancel that and get the digital version, will I get all the preorder perks that come with the retail version? Also, when are the digital keys distributed for amazon purchases for input into steam?

The perks you get for pre-ordering are listed on the digital page, they are the "Premier club" and the new class.

Obviously you don't get any of the physical perks for preordering digital though.

I'm kicking myself for missing that Square sale. Pretty much own everything in it but the Tomb Raider stuff which I wanted, maybe we can get a Tomb Raider double pack Tony?

We probably won't do a Tomb Raider double pack but we'll likely bring back the SE pack. Just need to get in touch with my SE guys tomorrow.

I'm also working on a more expensive, but more awesome SE pack.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom