• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

speaking of binary domain has anyone gotten in an online game? It never seems to work for me.

I finished the campaign and was looking for other stuff to do in it before playing hard mode.

Well just bought FIFA 12, installing Origin, i'm scared!

edit: or not, i'm stuck on the check out page. It was almost instant everytime last wek when i bought stuff.

What the fuck, it went through, but i don't have my key, SCAM ALERT!

If your order processing is taking longer than usual you can contact CS via Email, Phone, or Chat, they should be able to address whatever issue you're having.

Have you done this yet? I'm unable to tell if you're joking with the "Scam Alert" comment.

Opinion of Binary Domain during prologue: "Well, this was a waste of $10.00"
Opinion of Binary Domain after prologue: "I should have bought this Day 1."

One of us! One of us! One of us!

How long is The old republic going to be 19.99

Question here guys, I'd love to collect some feedback from you on what you think likely contributed to the negative reception at launch for this game. My plan is to try and gather this info and pass it along to Sega to review.

Cheers,
Tony

K' Dash

uuuhh, Tony, hate to be that guy but you probably should post a disclaimer on the EA Pack saying The Saboteur does not work with ATI cards and/or quad core CPUs, I bought the pack mainly for that game and have spent all afternoon trying to get it to work with no luck.

Cheers
K' Dash.

Edit: Keep us informed on that AC Revelations sale, or you know, Ezio Bundle :)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
If your order processing is taking longer than usual you can contact CS via Email, Phone, or Chat, they should be able to address whatever issue you're having.

Have you done this yet? I'm unable to tell if you're joking with the "Scam Alert" comment

Cheers,
Tony

What is "longer than usual" ? It finally went through after like 10min on the processing page, but i am still waiting. This should be instant, Amazon already took the money, but i am still seeing no code.

gdt

uuuhh, Tony, hate to be that guy but you probably should post a disclaimer on the EA Pack saying The Saboteur does not work with ATI cards and/or quad core CPUs, I bought the pack mainly for that game and have spent all afternoon trying to get it to work with no luck.

Cheers
K' Dash.

Patch for Saboteur. Dunno if it works.

Cheers
K' Dash.

Will do on the AC sale.

The Saboteur doesn't work...at all with ATI cards? Like any of them? I'll forward this info on to our QA team to add to the detail page for the pack and the game.

What is "longer than usual" ? This should be instant, Amazon already took the money, but i am still seeing no code.

/agreed this should be instant. Unfortunately it causes more of an issue if a family member hops on to someone's computer and starts buying everything on Amazon.com, or if your credit card gets stolen, someone makes an account and start buying digital games...

To prevent this, we have systems in place that try and prevent this. As for Amazon already taking your money, can you check and see if you have a pending transaction in place or if it has actually processed?

Lastly, if you want to PM me with the email address associated with your Amazon account I can try and run down a CS lead to look at what's up and confirm.

Cheers,
Tony

K' Dash

Will do on the AC sale.

The Saboteur doesn't work...at all with ATI cards? Like any of them? I'll forward this info on to our QA team to add to the detail page for the pack and the game.

Cheers,
Tony

Thank you I'll wait patiently.

Nope, I tried all the fixes, it seems the patch they released was a "beta patch", the studio went under and nobody cared to finish the work, yeah, it sucks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So I can play the original Shogun 2 campaign with the purchase of the expansion and I don't need to use the new units?

I just don't have any interest in the samurai vs modern weapon gameplay the expansion is focused on. If I can still play the original campaign that would be perfect.

I'm not at home so I cant check for sure, sorry :(. But I'm pretty sure FotS units, unless they're applicable to the time period, won't cross over to the main campaign. When you go to play the campaign you can pick between the Shogun 2 or FotS map, as the ~300 year difference involves regional, faction and unit changes. It would be pretty strange if the standard Shogun 2 campaign used FotS units, as most hadn't been 'invented'.

If you're concerned, the good folk over on the Total War forums will help you out. Someone here might be able to check for you too.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Question here guys, I'd love to collect some feedback from you on what you think likely contributed to the negative reception at launch for this game. My plan is to try and gather this info and pass it along to Sega to review.

Cheers,
Tony

I just finished the game. The destructibility is a nice twist on the standard third person cover shooter and it has some really entertaining boss fights, but I think it's pretty hard to market an unknown IP like this with just those two improvements over the standard Gears formula (Gears also has the benefit of a very large and vibrant mp community, which is a huge draw in and of itself). I think the game would have sold better if it had launched in May or June however. For some reason, Sega thought it would be smart to release Binary Domain the week before another very popular third person shooter (Mass Effect 3). I don't think BD ever really had a chance, given its launch window.

I'm interested in seeing what numbers Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders II are going to put up when they go on sale in August. I think it was smart of Square Enix and THQ to release these two titles in a relatively quiet period of the year, when they actually might have a shot at drawing people's attention.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
/agreed this should be instant. Unfortunately it causes more of an issue if a family member hops on to someone's computer and starts buying everything on Amazon.com, or if your credit card gets stolen, someone makes an account and start buying digital games...

To prevent this, we have systems in place that try and prevent this. As for Amazon already taking your money, can you check and see if you have a pending transaction in place or if it has actually processed?

Lastly, if you want to PM me with the email address associated with your Amazon account I can try and run down a CS lead to look at what's up and confirm.

Cheers,
Tony

Well it's nice Amazon has that in place to prevent issues. But so far, all it's doing is actually preventing me from enjoying what i bought :p

I tried to contact Amazon directly but
Chat is not available for the selected issue.

Even shaddy looking websites like getgamesgo are even more reliable/faster.

Edit, just saw your response. Can you PM me with your email address so I can check into what's up?

Also, are you looking in your games and software library and just not seeing anything for Fifa?

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah, it's saying "shipping soon" in the order dropdown menu in the Help section even. And no i didn't pick a physical copy. Gonna fire a PM!

...that's odd. Again, I've got a CS guy on IM right now, I just need some sort of information around your order to look up what the issue is.

Cheers,
Tony

Xyber

Hey Tony, is there any chance Amazon will start selling a downloadable version of Alan Wake: American Nightmare?

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
Nope, tried it already, I googled all afternoon looking for a way to play it, if any of you know how to do it, please send me a PM or post here, AFAIK there's no way to play this with my 7850/i5 2500K
I have the same exact build and I had zero problems getting it to run, just downloaded and was playing immediately. Are you on CCC 12.6?

Edgeward

Cheers,
Tony

To me, it was seeing a Japanese dev who made Yakuza games suddenly jumping onto making a 3rd person shooter for the first time I had my worries after seeing previous efforts like with Koei Tecmo's game and how Yakuza Dead Souls looked too. And the demo wasn't anything special, not to mention the demo on consoles wasn't so hot with tearing and framerate issues. And it was releasing around the same time as ME3 on consoles, so after that it kinda was forgotten by myself.

Well just bought FIFA 12, installing Origin, i'm scared!

edit: or not, i'm stuck on the check out page. It was almost instant everytime last wek when i bought stuff.

What the fuck, it went through, but i don't have my key, SCAM ALERT!

What is "longer than usual" ? It finally went through after like 10min on the processing page, but i am still waiting. This should be instant, Amazon already took the money, but i am still seeing no code.

Well it's nice Amazon has that in place to prevent issues. But so far, all it's doing is actually preventing me from enjoying what i bought :p

I tried to contact Amazon directly but

Even shaddy looking websites like getgamesgo are even more reliable/faster.

Yeah, it's saying "shipping soon" in the order dropdown menu in the Help section even. And no i didn't pick a physical copy. Gonna fire a PM!

Just checked again and the game finally popped in my Games Library, with a working code.

Took almost an hour though!

Glad you got your key and that it is working. I'd like to provide some feedback that your language and tone throughout this process were pretty uncalled for. To give you some insight into what just happened. I called the CS manager...at 8:45PM on a Saturday evening, to ask him to get online and start working through this issue. He began heading home from where he was out with friends to do so.

I've explained multiple times in this thread that sometimes delays in order processing occur, and that these are for your protection as a customer. Is it unfortunate that these occur? Of course, but they are industry standard.

Like I said, I'm glad you got your product, and really hope you enjoy the game and deals, but this string of conversation felt very much like you were taking advantage of the fact that you have a representative available to you by making volatile statements.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Tony

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Glad you got your key and that it is working. I'd like to provide some feedback that your language and tone throughout this process were pretty uncalled for. To give you some insight into what just happened. I called the CS manager...at 8:45PM on a Saturday evening, to ask him to get online and start working through this issue. He began heading home from where he was out with friends to do so.

I've explained multiple times in this thread that sometimes delays in order processing occur, and that these are for your protection as a customer. Is it unfortunate that these occur? Of course, but they are industry standard.

Like I said, I'm glad you got your product, and really hope you enjoy the game and deals, but this string of conversation felt very much like you were taking advantage of the fact that you have a representative available to you by making volatile statements.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Tony

If everything is working fine, and we are all enjoying great deals, then all is good and everyone is happy. But expect to hear bad things about the company you work for when things doesn't go as expected, especially when money is involved.

If everything is working fine, and we are all enjoying great deals, then all is good and everyone is happy. But expect to hear bad things about the company you work for when things doesn't go as expected, especially when money is involved.

Dude you overreacted.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I feel as though I need to add orders may take up to 4 hour(or whatever the time is) for customer protection in the OP but people will still ask. And again seriously it's freaking Amazon people are freaking out when 1 little thing goes wrong.We're lucky Tony is here but even without him Amazon CS responds swiftly especially compared to if something fucks up on Valves end during a Steam sale.

Amazon had the money, i had no game. No i didn't.

Same thing happened to me. I asked Tony about it and talked to EA and they fixed it within a few hours. I didn't act like a child.

Edit: It happened to me with Bad Company 2 and now it works and I didn't have a melt down on a public forum.

grate

Same thing happened to me. I asked Tony about it and talked to EA and they fixed it within a few hours. I didn't act like a child.

Its okay, Kandrick knows Tony is in the thread. That's why he is being so whiny.

Most rational people would have just contacted customer service via email or the telephone call back option, or did what you did and asked Tony.

I GOTTA HAS MY FIFAS RIGHT NOW OR ELSE MY SATURDAY NIGHT IS RUINED.

XEROWUN

Neo Member

its like you never had a package get delayed or go missing in delivery, nor had to refund/RMA anything due to a faulty product. shit really happens in real life, but how people deal with it, on both sides, the company and the customer, reveals the good companies from the bad

its like you never had a package get delayed or go missing in delivery, nor had to refund/RMA anything due to a faulty product. shit really happens in real life, but how people deal with it, on both sides, the company and the customer, reveals the good companies from the bad
B-but he had to wait a whole hour.

Aselith

Did you ever think about contacting customer service instead of acting like a child? If it "usually goes through in 10 minutes" then why get upset about one time that it doesn't? Why not give them the benefit of the doubt after however many good transactions?

Elginer

This thread just got interesting. Again. LOL
Also Dash, I have yet to get The Saboteur running well on my system. Even forcing it with 2 cores [running a quad core phenom II] shame that EA couldnt get their ish together and fix a broken product.

This thread just got interesting. Again. LOL
Also Dash, I have yet to get The Saboteur running well on my system. Even forcing it with 2 cores [running a quad core phenom II] shame that EA couldnt get their ish together and fix a broken product.

I just pinged out team on this, did some quick google searches to point them at the problem too.

I'll try and get something up on the page tomorrow, but Monday at the latest.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry if I'm overlooking this, but is there any indication of when the sales will end on the actual site? If not, it seems a bit odd that I need to search on forums to find out that information. It could be a psychological thing? You see something on sale but don't know when it will end, which "forces" you to buy it as quick as possible. It's probably more likely an oversight though.

As an aside, thanks for the great sale and support Tony, you have been immensely helpful.

mosesjohn

Neo Member
ok ive been keeping my eye on this thread for a while, and have been wanting to add to it, but damn it took neogaf almost a week to add me to the forums. i really have been impressed by what Tony has been doing here. I usually buy everything from amazon, except digital games, which Tony has really changed. I bought Binary Domain when it was $10, and I'm excited for some of the upcoming deals. I have a couple of questions to ask Tony though.... When it comes to price matching steam, is that only on games that amazon has actual steam codes for? If there are packs that steam makes, is amazon going to try and make similar packs to compete? Do you price match all of steams prices, even when they are not having that elusive summer sale? Also is this Amazon sale just going to last through July, or into August? Some of your posts reference upcoming deals for next month...

Sorry if I'm overlooking this, but is there any indication of when the sales will end on the actual site? If not, it seems a bit odd that I need to search on forums to find out that information. It could be a psychological thing? You see something on sale but don't know when it will end, which "forces" you to buy it as quick as possible. It's probably more likely an oversight though.

As an aside, thanks for the great sale and support Tony, you have been immensely helpful.

We're definitely not trying to force anyone into anything :). We don't have an elegant solution on the product page for each product to show end date.

We've toyed around with some merchandising in the past to indicate end dates but it ended up just confusing people more.

Good question though. I'll build out a dev request for a sale time feature, but those things literally take months.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Elginer

ok ive been keeping my eye on this thread for a while, and have been wanting to add to it, but damn it took neogaf almost a week to add me to the forums. i really have been impressed by what Tony has been doing here. I usually buy everything from amazon, except digital games, which Tony has really changed. I bought Binary Domain when it was $10, and I'm excited for some of the upcoming deals. I have a couple of questions to ask Tony though.... When it comes to price matching steam, is that only on games that amazon has actual steam codes for? If there are packs that steam makes, is amazon going to try and make similar packs to compete? Do you price match all of steams prices, even when they are not having that elusive summer sale? Also is this Amazon sale just going to last through July, or into August? Some of your posts reference upcoming deals for next month...

A week? LMAO you had it good friend. It took me 2 years to be approved. It was a very long 2 years. So congrats for making it so quick! :D

Megasoum

Banned

Not a WHOLE week? lol. It can take people from 6 months to a year sometimes to get approved...unless you are incredibly lucky and apply right before a wave...

One of us! One of us! One of us!

i84RpCjBy9LIy.jpg

Lots of good questions. I'll try and answer all of them as best I can.

1. When it comes to price matching steam, is that only on games that amazon has actual steam codes for? - If we have the game, Steam code or not, we'll match if we are matching.

2. If there are packs that steam makes, is amazon going to try and make similar packs to compete? - No, this puts too much of a burden on our OPS team and generally doesn't result in enough traction to make it worth our while.

3. Do you price match all of steams prices, even when they are not having that elusive summer sale? - Generally yes, but there are exceptions and errors that occur sometimes.

4. Also is this Amazon sale just going to last through July, or into August? Some of your posts reference upcoming deals for next month - With the exception of June, we've had a major promotional event every month since January. We also have a Deal of the Week that runs every week: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1375060442&pf_rd_i=979455011

5. Thanks for the kind words :).

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom