• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Visually beautiful, but game tends to go on a bit longer than it needs to and there are some horrible platforming areas. It seems to be a very polarizing game with some love it or hate it feelings. I thought it was OK but I enjoyed the original more. Then again, that's prob nostalgia talking.

Oh and it's EA, so Origin only.

I got it from Amazon last year, and I didn't need Origin.

Bah, this was another typo from me to Nelo, it ended 7/7.

I thought I'd gone through and caught everything.

Looking again now.

Cheers,
Tony

Aw man. Was really looking forward to getting it, but I don't get paid until tomorrow afternoon. I've had the tab pinned in Chrome all week and everything. Oh well. Try to put it on sale again some time please!

Why isn't Syndicate on sale anymore?! I thought it was supposed to run until the 14th! :(

Just re-read the OP, looks like the current mistakes are:

1. Crusader Kings II - Ended yesterday
2. The Sega packs ended on 4/6 and now the individual games are 50% off

I THINK that's it, sorry for the confusion guys. This was the result of me sending Nelo incorrect info via email to post here.

Cheers,
Tony

Aw man. Was really looking forward to getting it, but I don't get paid until tomorrow afternoon. I've had the tab pinned in Chrome all week and everything. Oh well. Try to put it on sale again some time please!

Yeah, we will, especially given how it performed.

I'm pretty sure TLR is the only "Japanese" game SE has on the PC.

Roger that. I'll update when I have more infos.

Cheers,
Tony

andthebeatgoeson

Is The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack worth it for Mirrors edge and maybe bulletstorm alone?

Is the THQ pack worth it for Metro 2033 and Darksiders alone?

The Kid

Oh man, the 9.99 for Crusader Kings deal ended yesterday? I was hoping to pick it up this upcoming week! Ah well, I could be upset or I could just use this as an excuse to buy something else. I'll opt for the later. And I'm sure Crusader Kings will be on sale again at some point in the future.

Along those lines, how well does X-Com generally run on Windows 7?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack worth it for Mirrors edge and maybe bulletstorm alone?

That's what I bought it for and it's been great. But Burnout and The Saboteur are nice bonuses. Note that if you want to activate Bulletstorm on Origin you will have to contact Origin customer support (call, don't use the live chat it's useless). Alternatively, you can use the Amazon downloader, but the code you get is actually a GFW code and not Origin.

Again, Mercs 2 is not very fun.

Oh man, the 9.99 for Crusader Kings deal ended yesterday? I was hoping to pick it up this upcoming week! Ah well, I could be upset or I could just use this as an excuse to buy something else. I'll opt for the later. And I'm sure Crusader Kings will be on sale again at some point in the future.

Along those lines, how well does X-Com generally run on Windows 7?

I'll be pushing for it to be at that price point again from us at one point.

Cheers,
Tony

Ketch

This makes me nervous lol...did you get a $5 GC or are you referring to the $5 credit you got with the purchase of the THQ bundle?

Cheers,
Tony

My wife got 5x $1 dollar gift card codes through some Facebook or my points or some other random coupon/points program... she's pretty into that stuff.

Edit: I guess they are from opinion place.com for completing surveys

I'm totally using them right now

nickelpat

Neo Member
Define Japanese stuff?

Cheers,
Tony

The Last Remnant
Final Fantasy 11
Final Fantasy 14 (love a sale on it, I've been wanting to give it a shot)
Front Mission Evolved
Final Fantasy 7 re-release if it comes out by then, that is.

Are the ones I can name. Think about it, some kind of 'genre bundles' might be neat to explore too.

Purchased Binary Domain, but it appears there is a hold up on Amazon's end. Purchase appears on their site, but not in my games section.

Guess I have to wait a few hours. Worth it for $9.99.

Warhammer Space Marine + Binary Domain < $20 is a great 3rd person shooter purchase.

Thanks Amazon.

The Last Remnant
Final Fantasy 11
Final Fantasy 14 (love a sale on it, I've been wanting to give it a shot)
Front Mission Evolved
Final Fantasy 7 re-release if it comes out by then, that is.

Are the ones I can name. Think about it, some kind of 'genre bundles' might be neat to explore too.

Of those we only carry Last Remnant and Front Mission. I know I've suggested deals on both upcoming, stay tuned.

Browsing through there I'm struggling to find Digital Games that would make sense for us to match on given our current sale. As for the physical side, I have 0 visibility in their promotional policies/calendar outside of the odd cross promotional activity.

Cheers,
Tony

nickelpat

Neo Member
Of those we only carry Last Remnant and Front Mission. I know I've suggested deals on both upcoming, stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

My bad, I was browsing through the Amazon selection, but forgot to look at what was digital and physical when I look at them.

I will stay tuned for those two though, thanks! :)

deaftaz18

Neo Member
Okay, I'm thinking about buying Modern Warfare 2 but I want to know if I can redeem on Steam? Oh, what about multiplayer online? Still running or what?

Thanks,
BB

s7evn

Okay, I'm thinking about buying Modern Warfare 2 but I want to know if I can redeem on Steam? Oh, what about multiplayer online? Still running or what?

Thanks,
BB
It only works with steam and as far as I know the mp is probably not worth it at this point.

Mairu

Binary Domain was a fantastic purchase and I am glad I was able to take advantage of this sale.

I'm really annoyed right now about buying Max Payne 3, not because it is a bad game, but because it doesn't seem to save properly and searching just brings up other people with similar issues without a solution. I don't have time to play the whole game in one sitting and it's extremely un-fun to not be able to at least skip all the dialogue/cutscenes if I have to reply multiple sequences.

Oh well, maybe I'll pick up Spec Ops. I should've just waited on Max Payne 3.

mosesjohn

Neo Member
Think about it, some kind of 'genre bundles' might be neat to explore too.

I'm sure it would be pretty tough to bundle games across developers, but i was actually thinking how awesome this would be. Maybe something like the "co-op bundle", it would probably sell like mad. I also thought about how you usually save more on price per game with developer packs, then if you would buying them individually. So a really cool promo would be if on the individual games you could pick and choose two and save an extra 25%, or pick and choose three and save an extra 45%, or something like that. Sort of "make-your-own bundle." Just a thought....

Edit: The more you add, the more you save.

Top Bottom