• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

KillerAJD

Shoot, didn't realize Syndicate sale was ending so soon :( Guess that makes my decision on getting that or The Darkness II a little bit easier, haha.

Mairu

I find the game is actually better with a mouse and keyboard (most 3rd person games are) but only if you remap everything because the defaults are shit, and the On Screen button images are just wrong. Like what is -><-? what's [_]?

I know what they were trying to do but it's shit.

Also the game gets better after chapter 1.

Also the voice commands are shit. It keeps thinking I'm saying something else, prolly because of the way I say words.
I used kb+m for the entire game except for the part near the end where
you're controlling the big robot, because that was really fucking frustrating to control and I had to keep dragging my mouse
so I just plugged in a 360 controller for that one part.

binary domain ain't AAA you fools. that's why it's terrible.

i'm kidding, the game is awesome, way underrated

for that price, go for it. you can always try out the demo.

Tony has never said a single word about non US purchases. People who use a fake address to purchase games from outside USA are bypassing the system and as an Amazon employee he simply cannot endorse it or provide any support. All he can do is completely ignore it, which he does. I don't understand why people keep asking him about it every 2 pages. I thought this would be the most obvious thing in the world.

sazzy

Tony has never said a single word about non US purchases. People who use a fake address to purchase games from outside USA are bypassing the system and as an Amazon employee he simply cannot endorse it or provide any support. All he can do is completely ignore it, which he does. I don't understand why people keep asking him about it every 2 pages. I thought this would be the most obvious thing in the world.

Pretty much.

I've found that people on Neogaf don't read the OP. Even if the title of the thread says to read it.

I've found that people on Neogaf don't read the OP. Even if the title of the thread says to read it.

It's not even about reading the OP here. It's a matter of common sense. Using a fake address is borderline fraud and we're lucky that Amazon hasn't cracked down on it. And asking an Amazon employee to provide support for it... what the fuck?

If I get Binary Domain, is it compatible with STEAM?

Yes, it's a Steamworks game.

That and apparently I have to spell out everything in the OP step by step.

Nah its a good OP just people are lazy, or dumb. But I chose to be optimistic and say lazy.

It's not even about reading the OP here. It's a matter of common sense. Using a fake address is borderline fraud and we're lucky that Amazon hasn't cracked down on it. And asking an Amazon employee to provide support for it... what the fuck?

Ya Tony is awesome about that type of thing. I'm glad we have someone around here to do things like this for us and sending him a PM to help him on fraud is a quick way of things like this thread never happening again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That and apparently I have to spell out everything in the OP step by step.

You mean someone is going to ask if an easily googled questioned, already answered 20 times in this thread, and in the OP about Binary Domain being Steam activated?

I've seen the thread in CAG long before this, and I just don't know how Tony does it. Responding to the same questions over and over again, every page.

baconcow

Games like the Total War Bundle are saying Unavailable. Sorry if this was already answered, but I have noticed several unavailable games/bundles but no mention in the links. Does this mean that the available keys are gone? Would it be possible (now or in the future) to get Steam keys for the other games in that bundle (or at least Total War Rome + Alexander, don't care about Medieval). Loving the sales and glad I have been following this thread since Day 1.

Games like the Total War Bundle are saying Unavailable. Sorry if this was already answered, but I have noticed several unavailable games/bundles but no mention in the links. Does this mean that the available keys are gone? Would it be possible (now or in the future) to get Steam keys for the other games in that bundle (or at least Total War Rome + Alexander, don't care about Medieval). Loving the sales and glad I have been following this thread since Day 1.

Hey there,

Good question.

The Sega bundles were available through 7/6 then the individual pricing reverted to 50% off.

As for the Steam keys, we may eventually get them for all Sega titles, but if we do we won't likely be able to provide them retroactivley. This isn't 100% but I can't make any promises as of yet.

Cheers,
Tony

cackhyena

Strange, I go to Can You Run It? and it says I don't pass for Binary Domain. How can I pass for Witcher 2 ( albeit many things turned down ) but not this?

Is Need for Speed: The Run supposed to be on sale right now? It's showing up in the "Best Deals of July" list for me, but it's still listed at $40.

alf717

I bought Sonic CD and it runs fine for the most part until I get to the special stages. They are really sluggish on my setup.

Phenom X4 820 @ 2.8GHz
4GB of DDR2
Gigabyte 7850
1920x1080

I did the normal stuff, update drivers and update Direct X but it is still sluggish. Any suggestions?

I find the game is actually better with a mouse and keyboard (most 3rd person games are) but only if you remap everything because the defaults are shit, and the On Screen button images are just wrong. Like what is -><-? what's [_]?

I know what they were trying to do but it's shit.

Also the game gets better after chapter 1.

Also the voice commands are shit. It keeps thinking I'm saying something else, prolly because of the way I say words.

Yeah Middle mouse button for reload i weaksauce

Yes the game gets really good.

The voice commands are all about enunciation, broseph. Sound those vowels and consonants!

Just saw videos of Warhammer 40k: Space Marine and boy does it look fun...I'm on the fence about buying it....shucks

Grab the demo on steam and see how you like it.

For some reason the game runs super weird for me. I have way above the specs required, but I get terrible framerate. Uninstalled and reinstalled too, no change.

The Warhammer stuff goes off sale in like 2 hours FYI. If you want it grab it tonight.

Cheers,
Tony

mosesjohn

Neo Member
I'm sure it would be pretty tough to bundle games across developers, but i was actually thinking how awesome this would be. Maybe something like the "co-op bundle", it would probably sell like mad. I also thought about how you usually save more on price per game with developer packs, then if you would buying them individually. So a really cool promo would be if on the individual games you could pick and choose two and save an extra 25%, or pick and choose three and save an extra 45%, or something like that. Sort of "make-your-own bundle." Just a thought....

Edit: The more you add, the more you save.

hey tony... you werent on when i posted this but i wanted to know what your thoughts were on this idea. this was a response to someone mentioning "genre bundles":

hey tony... you werent on when i posted this but i wanted to know what your thoughts were on this idea. I'm sure it would be pretty tough to bundle games across developers, but i was actually thinking how awesome this would be. Maybe something like the "co-op bundle", it would probably sell like mad. I also thought about how you usually save more on price per game with developer packs, then if you would buying them individually. So a really cool promo would be if on the individual games you could pick and choose two and save an extra 25%, or pick and choose three and save an extra 45%, or something like that. Sort of "make-your-own bundle." Just a thought....

Edit: The more you add, the more you save.

My bad I saw this and wanted to comment. We've kicked this idea around a couple of times and are shopping it internally. Don't have any takers yet though, if we get some you guys will be the first to know :).

Cheers,
Tony

iavi

I bought Sonic CD and it runs fine for the most part until I get to the special stages. They are really sluggish on my setup.

Phenom X4 820 @ 2.8GHz
4GB of DDR2
Gigabyte 7850
1920x1080

I did the normal stuff, update drivers and update Direct X but it is still sluggish. Any suggestions?

That's weird; I have a ghetto ass 2008 Macbook Pro with an 8600 and I played SCD at 60fps steady. I don't know what to say. A background process interrupting, maybe?

mosesjohn

Neo Member
My bad I saw this and wanted to comment. We've kicked this idea around a couple of times and are shopping it internally. Don't have any takers yet though, if we get some you guys will be the first to know :).

Cheers,
Tony

awesome XD

Edit: oh also tony have you all considered a deal on rayman origins?

Tess3ract

Banned
That's weird; I have a ghetto ass 2008 Macbook Pro with an 8600 and I played SCD at 60fps steady. I don't know what to say. A background process interrupting, maybe?
Could be the fact that the game is likely running in an emulator and intel processors are hands down better for that sort of thing.

Everyone should be buying Binary Domain. If you were a fan of Alpha Protocol, then you should DEFINITELY be buying Binary Domain - lots of similarities between the two in terms of feel and tone. Also very evocative of Ghost in the Shell in the overall atmosphere (not to mention the fact that they're a group of ex-military smart-asses tearing through Tokyo).

Earlier in the thread, Tony asked for feedback on why we thought Binary Domain didn't do well initially, and my reasoning after playing a bit was chiefly because it was marketed as a Japanese Gears of War clone. Now that I'm almost at the end, though, I think that it has less to do with how it was marketed, and more to do with the developers doing great things in areas that are simply difficult to market. Things like writing likeable characters and entertaining banter, interesting cinematography, environmental atmosphere, the general feel of playing the game, and other things that don't generally work well in a trailer are what keep me loving it. Take all that out and you're left with a generic dudebro third person shooter. I'm not too sure what Sega or any other publisher could have done to make these things more apparent in the advertising, which is a shame because I'm sure the budget for the game was no small matter.

tldr; game fucking rules buy now and tell your mama i loved her

iavi

Could be the fact that the game is likely running in an emulator and intel processors are hands down better for that sort of thing.

That couldn't be it. Sonic CD wasn't an emulated iso, but the rewrite using Taxman's retro engine, thankfully.

I have to say, Amazon never disappoints with its digital download sales. Thanks Tony! I picked up a few games over the past few days, including Max Payne 3, Binary Domain, Warhammer DoWII Complete, Bulletstorm, Space Marine, and X-COM (as if I don't already have a million games in my backlog).

Specifically however, like many others, I really have to recommend Binary Domain. It's fun gunning down robots, and the dialogue is very entertaining. I've enjoyed it more so far than any Gears game I've played (yeah, the inevitable comparison to that series). Highly worth it, pick it up if you have any interest at all in third-person shooters. You won't regret it.

Bought the Paradox pack but don't want Victoria II, Majesty 2, or Majesty: Gold anyone want to trade something from the other bundles or old games for them?

Top Bottom