• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

jerd

Bought the Paradox pack but don't want Victoria II, Majesty 2, or Majesty: Gold anyone want to trade something from the other bundles or old games for them?

What were you looking for? I'd take Majesty 2 off of your hands. I've got the THQ pack and the EA pack. Interested in Mercenaries 2? Mirror's Edge? Nexuiz?

Aaron

For some reason the game runs super weird for me. I have way above the specs required, but I get terrible framerate. Uninstalled and reinstalled too, no change.
The game is bugged so certain videocards run in slow motion. THQ refuses to fix it, so just forget the game.

I was interested in playing NBA 2k12 and Binary Domain but I don't know if it's worth the hassle of getting someone else to buy them for me because I'm not from the States. I don't really want to lie about my address either.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Probably already been stated the the Oh So Fine Bundle and its components are back at full price and incorrectly listed in the OP.

For some reason the game runs super weird for me. I have way above the specs required, but I get terrible framerate. Uninstalled and reinstalled too, no change.

Nice to see Im not alone. This Amazon sale has been unkind to my wallet. Every other game looks and plays fine (NFS:Hot Pursuit is BEAUTIFUL. I think Im enjoying it more than the XB360 version due to how damn good it looks. Not to say the XB360 version looked bad either!) But Space Marine seems to run in a state of slight constant slowdown. It'll be good here and there, but mostly just feels laggish. My computer should EASILY be handling it.

K' Dash

Speaking about perfomance, is there a way to make Bulletstorm run @ 60fps? I honestly tought it'd run better on my sistem :-/

Space marine runs flawlessly on my 7850 @ 60fps everything maxed, couldn't run the saboteur, tho, it does't like ATI cards and Pandemic never fixed it...

Dang it I can't say how many times I've come close to jumping on Binary Domain reading through this thread, it looks interesting but I promise myself to play the second half of Hard Reset and Deus Ex HR before considering another shooter.

I asked this before but I think it was missed, Any possibility for Street Fighter X Tekken getting a digital release on Amazon? I know it's not amazon related but.. Maybe if Capcom time a decent patch to fix some of the complaints with a nice sale (on Amazon) they could win back some of the people who've been scared away by all the complaints.

scitek

Speaking about perfomance, is there a way to make Bulletstorm run @ 60fps? I honestly tought it'd run better on my sistem :-/

Space marine runs flawlessly on my 7850 @ 60fps everything maxed, couldn't run the saboteur, tho, it does't like ATI cards and Pandemic never fixed it...

If you're using in-game AA, try forcing it with RadeonPro instead. If you can't get 60fps with MSAA, try injecting FXAA. I was able to get 60fps if I made some sacrifices in image quality when I had my 6950.

Lain

Bully Scholarship Edition is some good fun, though it seems to crash on me if I alt-tab out of it and then go back and enter a different area.

K' Dash

If you're using in-game AA, try forcing it with RadeonPro instead. If you can't get 60fps with MSAA, try injecting FXAA. I was able to get 60fps if I made some sacrifices in image quality when I had my 6950.

I'm forcing 8X MSAA with the CCC and Vsync/triple buffering with D3D overrider, max settings and get around 40fps.

Reading some sites it seems you can get it to not run like shit editing some file, but I won't do that.

Koroviev

You shouldn't have to make compromises with a 6950 :p

I'm forcing 8X MSAA with the CCC and Vsync/triple buffering with D3D overrider, max settings and get around 40fps, this game is terribly optimized...

Reading some sites it seems you can get it to not run like shit editing some file, but I won't do that.

Damn, this EA pack burned me bad...

8x MSAA is a lot to ask. What are the results if you drop it to 4x MSAA?

scitek

¡Thank you very much! You are very kind.

You're quite welcome. Enjoy it!

You shouldn't have to make compromises with a 6950 :p

Well, I did, so I got a GTX 670 instead. :p

EDIT: Which reminds me, I have a 2GB 6950 with unlocked shaders and the BIOS of a 6970 for sale. :D

Really? Crysis runs 60fps 90% of the time with high settings and 8X MSAA :-/

I'll try 4x MSAA tonight.

C'mon, just edit a file. They were dickheads and encrypted it, yes, but the game's worth the trouble. It's gorgeous. Try downsampling and running 4 or 2xMSAA to see if your framerate improves. You'll get a sharper image, anyway.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Really? Crysis runs 60fps 90% of the time with high settings and 8X MSAA :-/

Yes 8xMSAA is heavy. Drop to 4xMSAA and see if you can lock 60.

Also I highly suggest doing the Bulletstorm ini tweak and learn to use Radeon Pro for Settings.

Messing with PC games comes with being a PC gamer. Embrace tweaking games because it comes with the territory.

Everyone should be buying Binary Domain. If you were a fan of Alpha Protocol, then you should DEFINITELY be buying Binary Domain - lots of similarities between the two in terms of feel and tone. Also very evocative of Ghost in the Shell in the overall atmosphere (not to mention the fact that they're a group of ex-military smart-asses tearing through Tokyo).

Earlier in the thread, Tony asked for feedback on why we thought Binary Domain didn't do well initially, and my reasoning after playing a bit was chiefly because it was marketed as a Japanese Gears of War clone. Now that I'm almost at the end, though, I think that it has less to do with how it was marketed, and more to do with the developers doing great things in areas that are simply difficult to market. Things like writing likeable characters and entertaining banter, interesting cinematography, environmental atmosphere, the general feel of playing the game, and other things that don't generally work well in a trailer are what keep me loving it. Take all that out and you're left with a generic dudebro third person shooter. I'm not too sure what Sega or any other publisher could have done to make these things more apparent in the advertising, which is a shame because I'm sure the budget for the game was no small matter.

tldr; game fucking rules buy now and tell your mama i loved her

Glad you're digging Binary Domain, and thanks to everyone for your feedback, I've got a doc running to pass along to the guys at SEGA.

Dang it I can't say how many times I've come close to jumping on Binary Domain reading through this thread, it looks interesting but I promise myself to play the second half of Hard Reset and Deus Ex HR before considering another shooter.

I asked this before but I think it was missed, Any possibility for Street Fighter X Tekken getting a digital release on Amazon? I know it's not amazon related but.. Maybe if Capcom time a decent patch to fix some of the complaints with a nice sale (on Amazon) they could win back some of the people who've been scared away by all the complaints.

Sorry I missed your question.

1. I know we're working on getting all of Capcom's catalog up, this has been a slow process.

2. I have 0 visibility into their patch cycle, but I'm working on running a sale in conjunction with their products launching on site.

I was waiting on a Darksiders deal, not this bullshit.

1. We run Darksiders at $5 roughly twice per month since November, so if you've missed it before you'll likely see it again. The focus of this deal was to get the individual cost per game below $5.

2. The language is completely uncalled for, we've got a great rapport running in this thread. If your goal is to make a suggestion that Darksiders be run individually on sale, this post is not the way to make said suggestion.

I'm forcing 8X MSAA with the CCC and Vsync/triple buffering with D3D overrider, max settings and get around 40fps, this game is terribly optimized...

Damn, this EA pack burned me bad...

Dude, if you can't get the games running fire off an email to CS and ask for a refund because your products aren't working, they'll get you sorted.

Cheers,
Tony

K' Dash

Also I highly suggest doing the Bulletstorm ini tweak and learn to use Radeon Pro for Settings.

Messing with PC games comes with being a PC gamer. Embrace tweaking games because it comes with the territory.

I installed Radeon Pro, why is it better than CCC? and what should I do with the CCC settings if I'm to use Radeon Pro?

Nelo Ice

Banned

Yep, if you want to be a PC gamer you pretty much have to learn that tweaking is a necessity at times.

Also here's the ini tweak+fixes for other games
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456622

K' Dash

Amazon Video Gamer said:
Dude, if you can't get the games running fire off an email to CS and ask for a refund because your products aren't working, they'll get you sorted.

Cheers,
Tony

Easy, Tony, it was my fault, I didn't research the games compatibility or optimization before buying, I'm new to PC gaming, so bear with my noobness.

When I said that "it burned me bad" I wasn't refering to Amazon, but it could be missinterpreted so I'll edit my post.

Cheers
K' Dash

scitek

I installed Radeon Pro, why is it better than CCC? and what should I do with the CCC settings if I'm to use Radeon Pro?

It allows for more control, you can adjust things like frames being rendered ahead, force triple buffering for when it's broken via D3DOverrider (like when you inject FXAA), and other things. It's just another option, but it hasn't been updated in a while because the creator of it got an Nvidia card.

And to that point:
Hi guys, it seems that some folks got angry because the program isn't updated for a long time. Too bad sometimes things doesn't goes as we plan, changes are needed and I, like all of you, have a life and priorities could and must change from time to time.

So far as I can remember, I never told RadeonPro (the program) is dead. Even though it looks like dead because the program didn't received public updates for more than a whole year, it is not dead, not yet...

I'm going to release some updates to address specific issues and to make public some things I've been working on. I don't have an ETA just yet, but here's the updates:

- Changed: German translation update (thanks to Lennart Brüggemann)
- Changed: improved OSD rendering performance on DirectX 10/11 games
- Fixed: screenshots now works in DirectX 10/11 with R10G10B10A2/B8G8R8A8 formats used by some games (Dirt 3/Showdown, F3AR). Performance is not so good as in other games, but it will be optimized a bit.
- Removed: skins (all). They will be replaced by new Web skins feature. Anyone with HTML and Javascript skills will be able to create skins for RadeonPro.

It's being updated soon.

If the programs are equivalent, then remove one so that they don't interfere with each other.

I'd keep both, actually.

Easy, Tony, it was my fault, I didn't research the games compatibility or optimization before buying, I'm new to PC gaming, so bear with my noobness.

When I said that "it burned me bad" I wasn't refering to Amazon, but it could be missinterpreted so I'll edit my post.

Cheers
K' Dash

Cool dude, didn't want you to be left hanging with a product that doesn't work :). Sorry if my tone sounded upset at all, in my head I was writing. "Dude that sucks, sorry you're having an issue, contact CS for help" not "Dude, why haven't you contacted CS?".

I repeat, the first person to invent tech that conveys tone on the internet will win...the internet.

Cheers,
Tony

I had a moment earlier today where I remembered Syndicate exists and I want to play it. Sucks to see its not on sale here and its not on steam. Off topic, but does anyone know if Origin has had or will have a summer sale?

Edit: Oh crap it was already on sale :( Why did I just remember the game today :(

Everyone should be buying Binary Domain. If you were a fan of Alpha Protocol, then you should DEFINITELY be buying Binary Domain - lots of similarities between the two in terms of feel and tone. Also very evocative of Ghost in the Shell in the overall atmosphere (not to mention the fact that they're a group of ex-military smart-asses tearing through Tokyo).

Earlier in the thread, Tony asked for feedback on why we thought Binary Domain didn't do well initially, and my reasoning after playing a bit was chiefly because it was marketed as a Japanese Gears of War clone. Now that I'm almost at the end, though, I think that it has less to do with how it was marketed, and more to do with the developers doing great things in areas that are simply difficult to market. Things like writing likeable characters and entertaining banter, interesting cinematography, environmental atmosphere, the general feel of playing the game, and other things that don't generally work well in a trailer are what keep me loving it. Take all that out and you're left with a generic dudebro third person shooter. I'm not too sure what Sega or any other publisher could have done to make these things more apparent in the advertising, which is a shame because I'm sure the budget for the game was no small matter.

tldr; game fucking rules buy now and tell your mama i loved her

+1

Hard to think of a better OVERALL third person shooter "on PC". BD and Space Marine are the two best value purchases ive made this year. I just wish 1) the game allowed you to crouch and 2) the online community (PC) had a pulse.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah Binary Domain is awesome.

My only main gripe is that you're stuck with one main weapon, but otherwise it's great.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I gotta ask how is NFS the run?

I hear this is an accurate way to gauge your interest:

therunave3k.gif

Zat

Neo Member
Very tempted by NFS: The Run but in my heart I know it's not worth it, and I have dozens of better games in my backlog anyway. And the Steam sale around the corner.

Going to resist.

Top Bottom