• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

gblues

Banned
I'm sorry, Tony. Steam has Plants vs. Zombies at the same price, and they actually have it available so Steam's got my money. I dunno who's all involved in acquiring codes or where the failure was, but the bottom line is that Amazon lost out on a sale because the product wasn't ready when it was supposed to be. I hope you get the supply chain issues straightened out for the future. :)

Don't take this post negatively, because it's not intended that way. I figured you at least deserved an update since I've posted about PvZ several times in the thread already.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Woah, what? Marty still posts here? Haven't seen his posts for a long time.

Koroviev

Any chance Rayman Origins will be ~$10 in the near future? $15 isn't terrible or anything, but $10 is generally my upper limit for PC games.

Hey Tony, will Amazon be doing a price match on SRTT. I want to gift a copy to my friend and the code would be handier. That way I can write it in his birthday card.

hom3land

Hey Tony, will Amazon be doing a price match on SRTT. I want to gift a copy to my friend and the code would be handier. That way I can write it in his birthday card.

Answer this man!! About to buy it (hence asking if you still had dlc codes to give away) And would prefer to buy it from Amazon.

This was posted by Tony over at CAG:
Just wanted to drop a note on SRTT. We're not matching because we're running either the same or a better deal (looking like a better deal) next week, so we don't want to match, drop price next week and have a ton of angry customers.

Is it somehow not possible to purchase digital downloads with your Amazon gift card balance? I'm trying to buy the shooter pack but I only see the option for my card, not my gift balance.

legacyzero

Banned
So how does one gain Amazon credits? I remember receiving a $5 gift towards my next purchase during last christmas, and I only purchased one game.. I've bought like 4 during the summer Amazon sale.

Tess3ract

Banned
So how does one gain Amazon credits? I remember receiving a $5 gift towards my next purchase during last christmas, and I only purchased one game.. I've bought like 4 during the summer Amazon sale.
Well first you answer this survey in an incognito window, which gives you a $5 amazon code, then you change the url when you're done and try again, continue doing this

Oh wait, I'm talking about past events :p

mosesjohn

Neo Member
so tony the steam sale is pretty frantic with deals right now... what exactly are you price matching? are you matching just the daily deals? amazon doesnt have terraria at all and its 2.49 on steam... but you all did match the daily deal price on might and magic. what about the flash deals? they seem steam seem pretty easy to miss, is amazon going to hold those prices for longer? are you guys working on beating these prices?

Edit: I just saw your post on cag... do you know how rayman origins is looking? its only 50% off on steam, and you all matched it, but i think your version is not steam activatable. do you think you amazon will go lower?

Ah bummer, I can't seem to buy the 2k shooter pack now :/

I'm sorry to hear that, didn't want you to lose your sleep because of me :(
(or lose some precious League of Legends time! :p)

What happened to the Bioshock dual combo with Steam? It said it wasn't available. The other DRM one is available. What happened to the Steam listing? Not sure if I should trust the other DRM (non-steam DRM) option. Should I?

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack is listed at $85? WTF, Tony. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008GWJKE6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That even says it supposed to $47 retail. I was just about to get both before I ran into these problems. Hopefully, they can be corrected. I'm only double dipping on BS 1 and 2, so I could skip that but I want it on my new laptop.

I'm sorry, Tony. Steam has Plants vs. Zombies at the same price, and they actually have it available so Steam's got my money. I dunno who's all involved in acquiring codes or where the failure was, but the bottom line is that Amazon lost out on a sale because the product wasn't ready when it was supposed to be. I hope you get the supply chain issues straightened out for the future. :)

Don't take this post negatively, because it's not intended that way. I figured you at least deserved an update since I've posted about PvZ several times in the thread already.

Tony you still got SRTT DLC code? would appreciate one if you do!

If possible Tony I would like the Saitns Row 3 DLC key too

Thanks a lot man! :)

They ran out of keys. They should have more later today.

Answer this man!! About to buy it (hence asking if you still had dlc codes to give away) And would prefer to buy it from Amazon.

I guess my question is: will SR3 be steam redeemable and have all the DLC?

That's really what's stopping me now.

i didn't get the SR3 code :(

Got a duplicate. =(

I sent you a PM back.

@Tony: Is there a chance the DLC will be cheaper too? The -33% Steam has right now aren't very appealing tbh...

so tony the steam sale is pretty frantic with deals right now... what exactly are you price matching? are you matching just the daily deals? amazon doesnt have terraria at all and its 2.49 on steam... but you all did match the daily deal price on might and magic. what about the flash deals? they seem steam seem pretty easy to miss, is amazon going to hold those prices for longer? are you guys working on beating these prices?

Edit: I just saw your post on cag... do you know how rayman origins is looking? its only 50% off on steam, and you all matched it, but i think your version is not steam activatable. do you think you amazon will go lower?

Indeed. I would like to know too!

Just picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $6.99. It's cheaper than Steam.

Sorry for the delay here guys, I'm going to try and answer all these questions in 1 shot:

1. The SRTT PM didn't happen because we'll have a 24 hour sale on the BASE GAME (not the DLC) sometime next week at either $12.49 or $9.99 so matching for 8 hours didn't make sense. I will update when I have a final date we have no plans to discount the DLC.

2. Yes, we all agree not having Plants vs. Zombies sucks :( we were and all sad about this.

3. The EA pack went off promotional pricing on 7/10 but the individual games are still on sale, that's why the pricing looks weird. I've pulled the buy box so you won't see that price anymore.

4. If you didn't get a SRTT DLC code from me here are a few you can try to use (quote). If all of these are redeemed by the time you see this simply PM me and I will send you one.

Don't be a jerk, quote if you take one and say which one.

5. As for the price matching questions, we are price matching what we can catch and where we don't have a different/better deal already set up or where we have already run one.

6. The Paradox packs will probably come back eventually, not sure when though. I did mention, multiple times, that we anticipated people who were "waiting for the steam sale" being upset about not picking up this deal at the time.

Let me know if I missed anything. Yes we're about to match Max Payne 3 at 50% off.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry for the delay here guys, I'm going to try and answer all these questions in 1 shot:

1. The SRTT PM didn't happen because we'll have a 24 hour sale on the BASE GAME (not the DLC) sometime next week at either $12.49 or $9.99 so matching for 8 hours didn't make sense. I will update when I have a final date we have no plans to discount the DLC.

2. Yes, we all agree not having Plants vs. Zombies sucks :( we were and all sad about this.

3. The EA pack went off promotional pricing on 7/10 but the individual games are still on sale, that's why the pricing looks weird. I've pulled the buy box so you won't see that price anymore.

4. If you didn't get a SRTT DLC code from me here are a few you can try to use (quote). If all of these are redeemed by the time you see this simply PM me and I will send you one.

Don't be a jerk, quote if you take one and say which one.

5. As for the price matching questions, we are price matching what we can catch and where we don't have a different/better deal already set up or where we have already run one.

6. The Paradox packs will probably come back eventually, not sure when though. I did mention, multiple times, that we anticipated people who were "waiting for the steam sale" being upset about not picking up this deal at the time.

Let me know if I missed anything. Yes we're about to match Max Payne 3 at 50% off.

Cheers,
Tony

I took number 42, thanks for the dlc!

Those codes need to be activated through the Steam app, right? I'll check back when I get home from work in about 6 hours and see if there are any left at that time. Thanks, Tony.

Top Bottom