• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Tony you should REALLY hold off on those codes as we cant activate them without owning the game so many outsiders will use them before we even get a chance to buy the full game next week. I did not buy it on Steam yesterday I was waiting on Amazon's sale.

In any case can you remove one of the codes and possibly PM me it so i can have for when I have the base game?

Just PMed you back.

I have lots and will do this again when we run our sale.

Cheers,
Tony

Sorry for the delay here guys, I'm going to try and answer all these questions in 1 shot:

1. The SRTT PM didn't happen because we'll have a 24 hour sale on the BASE GAME (not the DLC) sometime next week at either $12.49 or $9.99 so matching for 8 hours didn't make sense. I will update when I have a final date we have no plans to discount the DLC.

4. If you didn't get a SRTT DLC code from me here are a few you can try to use (quote). If all of these are redeemed by the time you see this simply PM me and I will send you one.

Don't be a jerk, quote if you take one and say which one.
Cheers,
Tony

Thanks a bunch Tony, I just redeemed code #17!!!

mosesjohn

Neo Member
1. The SRTT PM didn't happen because we'll have a 24 hour sale on the BASE GAME (not the DLC) sometime next week at either $12.49 or $9.99 so matching for 8 hours didn't make sense. I will update when I have a final date we have no plans to discount the DLC.
Cheers,
Tony

Surprise!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UV8RRE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Not Steam version, limited keys, if we run out you saw how long it took to get more.

Cheers,
Tony

So discount on the SRTT DLC? i wanted to buy the game to play coop, does anyone know what dlcs really matter if im really only focused on that? i will probably end up modding it also.

on the arma 2 price... is that what your sale price is going to be, even if you guys ever get steam codes?

ink4n3

Quote for a Saints Row DLC code.

Tony sent this to me earlier but I didn't check my PM's before I bought the Saints Row complete pack on Steam. I'm not sure what the DLC is for. Let me know what it is when you get it.

Also, Tony has been awesome during these sales and I really appreciate all the work he has been doing for us.

Sanic

Quote for a Saints Row DLC code.

Tony sent this to me earlier but I didn't check my PM's before I bought the Saints Row complete pack on Steam. I'm not sure what the DLC is for. Let me know what it is when you get it.

Also, Tony has been awesome during these sales and I really appreciate all the work he has been doing for us.

I nabbed this, thanks!

Megasoum

Banned
Looks like all the DLC codes are taken (only if a handfull of people actualy thanked you...) I tried a bunch of them random and they were all duplicated and now Steam locked me out of entering codes for a little while lol.

Spl1nter

I find it hilarious that because Tony works for Amazon he gets crap but if me you or any other Gaffer posted the exact same thing no one would be mad.

Personally, I think Tony should change his username, tag and avatar if he wants to posts in the STEAM thread. Otherwise his existance in that thread is completely revolting, makes it difficult to read everytime I see him. My mind cant handle the cross-over.

mrgone

Looks like all the DLC codes are taken (only if a handfull of people actualy thanked you...) I tried a bunch of them random and they were all duplicated and now Steam locked me out of entering codes for a little while lol.

Is that what the "invalid product code" thing is? Steam getting irritated by all the attempts? :D I wasn't able to get one in either

Megasoum

Banned
Is that what the "invalid product code" thing is? Steam getting irritated by all the attempts? :D I wasn't able to get one in either

Yeah that's it. It gave me duplicate error on the first 5-6 and then went to invalid from there. I'm not sure how long the time out is.

I just read the comments about Tony in the steam sale thread...screw them. They're only jealous cause Valve has zero PR and terrible customer service lol.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Personally, I think Tony should change his username, tag and avatar if he wants to posts in the STEAM thread. Otherwise his existance in that thread is completely revolting, makes it difficult to read everytime I see him. My mind cant handle the cross-over.

Lol he'd have to pretty much go incognito to post in any thread that's not related to Amazon at this point. Of course it seems to only be a problem in the steam related threads since anywhere else he posts no one cares.

I can't tell if this is serious.

Cheers,
Tony

Yeah that's it. It gave me duplicate error on the first 5-6 and then went to invalid from there. I'm not sure how long the time out is.

I just read the comments about Tony in the steam sale thread...screw them. They're only jealous cause Valve has zero PR and terrible customer service lol.

Yeah you might need to try it again. PM me if you don't get it working and I'll send you a new, unposted, key.

Cheers,
Tony

yaron777

Same problem here.

Why does Steam do this? I mean, are there really people who just try to guess keys?

Megasoum

Banned
Same problem here.

Why does Steam do this? I mean, are there really people who just try to guess keys?

Well we know that there's bots that will scan twitter to take all the keys postes automatically so I'm sure the same bots will spam steam for that kind of stuff. It's just basic spam protection.

Same problem here.

Well we know that there's bots that will scan twitter to take all the keys postes automatically so I'm sure the same bots will spam steam for that kind of stuff. It's just basic spam protection.

I'll PM you two keys so you can try once your timer is up.

For everyone else:

Here's another 100 codes. Remember if you try a code that has been redeemed too many times it will start showing unused codes as "invalid". If this happens just wait a bit and try again.

I won't post anymore giveaways in the Steam thread lol, lesson learned.

Cheers,
Tony

DirtRiver

I'll PM you two keys so you can try once your timer is up.

For everyone else:

Here's another 100 codes. Remember if you try a code that has been redeemed too many times it will start showing unused codes as "invalid". If this happens just wait a bit and try again.

Cheers,
Tony

Took 169, thanks for being awesome Tony :)

Tony, Super Meat Boy keys that activate on Steam. Make it happen or death will come for you...in your sleep

I heard everyone wanted a non steam one for that game because of the automated patching on steam.

Yep I'll be giving out codes during the sale.

And the F2P thread got locked. Here is a link to the one on Cheapassgamer:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324774

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks, I was sure that I saw a thread around here. With a comment about a girly game. :p

The Kid

That ArmA2 sale looks really good. I have probably spent too much on sales, since I'm trying to overcompensate for the horribleness of studying for the bar exam, but this might be too tempting to pass up. Also, Tony, is there any chance of an Assassin's Creed sale (namely Brotherhood and Revelation) any time in the future? I think I remember you saying August but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom