• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Slightly off topic, will Torchlight 2 be sold on amazon? It looks like I can't preorder there. Not for Tony, just a question for anyone to answer if they know at all. I don't really want to go through adding money to my steam wallet when I can just click a button on amazon.

Working on it, no word yet though.

I didn't see it in the op, but does anyone know of a way you can use Reward Points on digital purchases (from an Amazon credit card)?

I think a roundabout way would to get a certificate with the points and input the code to your account, but that takes several weeks.

yea there is no way.. At least that I know of. Kind of b.s. not sure what the issue would be.

It doesn't look like it. The checkout system seems to be different for PC downloads. You can try ordering an e-mailed gift card (min $25)?

The guys who run that team have literally stopped returning my calls and emails. I know they are working on it and I ask them multiple times per week where they are at.

I am hoping before holiday...

Seems you never intended to buy from amazon if it has to be randomly $5 cheaper than steam...

Lol, thanks for this post.

Cheers,
Tony

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hi Tony, sorry if this is a stupid question but is there any prospect for a Serious Sam 3 price match? I have an Amazon gift card to use so that would be awesome.

Seems you never intended to buy from amazon if it has to be randomly $5 cheaper than steam...
He might be in a situation, like me, where he has to pay tax on amazon stuff now. : (

I'm leaving Texas at just the right time, it seems, haha. Tax has been killing my intent to purchase anything on amazon lately, which really sucks.

He might be in a situation, like me, where he has to pay tax on amazon stuff now. : (

I'm leaving Texas at just the right time, it seems, haha. Tax has been killing my intent to purchase anything on amazon lately, which really sucks.

I never got this argument. You have to pay tax everywhere else too right? How is amazon suddenly an inferior choice to some other retailer just because they charge tax?

Hi Tony, sorry if this is a stupid question but is there any prospect for a Serious Sam 3 price match? I have an Amazon gift card to use so that would be awesome.

Yep, its in place, should take effect shortly.

Also,

The guys from Sniper Elite were so jazzed with the results that they want to extend the deal into this week.

$14.99 will be back today!

Cheers,
Tony

I never got this argument. You have to pay tax everywhere else too right? How is amazon suddenly an inferior choice to some other retailer just because they charge tax?
It sounds incredibly petty any way you look at it, but that's why I started used amazon in the first place. I could get something that day at a store, but I'd save not having to pay tax if I ordered it through amazon. The reason the amount I spent on amazon from 2010 to 2011 tripled was because it was cheaper in the end to shave off those dollars here and there. I bought a harddrive the other day, and I was kicking myself I didn't order it until after the 1st (when tax started up), because it cost me an additional $15.

If I can get an item for $9.99 and it costs $9.99 + tax everywhere else, as a person that prefers to pay less, I'd go with the $9.99 flat.

It's not that amazon is in any way inferior (they're my favorite retailer period), but if I can get it cheaper elsewhere, I likely will. Amazon prime is still pretty much the best thing ever, though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Yep, its in place, should take effect shortly.

Also,

The guys from Sniper Elite were so jazzed with the results that they want to extend the deal into this week.

$14.99 will be back today!

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony, that's really awesome.

Item has now been bought!

It sounds incredibly petty any way you look at it, but that's why I started used amazon in the first place. I could get something that day at a store, but I'd save not having to pay tax if I ordered it through amazon. The reason the amount I spent on amazon from 2010 to 2011 tripled was because it was cheaper in the end to shave off those dollars here and there. I bought a harddrive the other day, and I was kicking myself I didn't order it until after the 1st (when tax started up), because it cost me an additional $15.

If I can get an item for $9.99 and it costs $9.99 + tax everywhere else, as a person that prefers to pay less, I'd go with the $9.99 flat.

It's not that amazon is in any way inferior (they're my favorite retailer period), but if I can get it cheaper elsewhere, I likely will. Amazon prime is still pretty much the best thing ever, though.

What hard drive did you buy that it cost an extra $15? Isn't tax in Texas only like 6.25% or something?

Einbroch

Banned
I mean... why would you buy it off Amazon instead of Steam unless you have some kind of gift card there or something?

I don't know. No offense to Amazon or Tony or anything, but unless it's cheaper on Amazon I'll probably always get the game direct from Steam. Click, download, done. No key to copy over, no website to open. I have no loyalty to any side.

Amazon is great, though.

I don't know. No offense to Amazon or Tony or anything, but unless it's cheaper on Amazon I'll probably always get the game direct from Steam. Click, download, done. No key to copy over, no website to open. I have no loyalty to any side.

Amazon is great, though.

Meh, not sure how most of your points are negatives. No website to open but you have to open a program instead, not sure how that's some big hinderance. And just like amazon, there are still games you have to copy the keys to activate the game, they both have copy to clipboard buttons to even make it easier too, it seems like you totally have loyalty to steam since they have the same functionalities but one is a program, the other is a browser.

I've recently liked amazon more for when they attempted to make some games DRM free that weren't previously and when I go internationally, I have to use a VPN most times and steam won't work with the VPNs where as I can download anything in a browser and install so that's what pisses me off with steam but obviously a niche problem. I've also had problems with steam customer service but have never had a problem with amazon's.

There's no problem with your bias at all or your preference, it's just that both of those are applicable to both services so I can't see how they're negatives only for amazon.

Edit: Plus, many games will also redeem on steam (but obviously not all) so it's the best of both worlds. You have amazon and you get a free steam one also. They even started offering steam keys for games on their websites that normally wouldn't redeem on steam.

Meh, not sure how most of your points are negatives. No website to open but you have to open a program instead, not sure how that's some big hinderance. And just like amazon, there are still games you have to copy the keys to activate the game, they both have copy to clipboard buttons to even make it easier too, it seems like you totally have loyalty to steam since they have the same functionalities but one is a program, the other is a browser.

I've recently liked amazon more for when they attempted to make some games DRM free that weren't previously and when I go internationally, I have to use a VPN most times and steam won't work with the VPNs where as I can download anything in a browser and install so that's what pisses me off with steam but obviously a niche problem. I've also had problems with steam customer service but have never had a problem with amazon's.

There's no problem with your bias at all or your preference, it's just that both of those are applicable to both services so I can't see how they're negatives only for amazon.

Edit: Plus, many games will also redeem on steam (but obviously not all) so it's the best of both worlds. You have amazon and you get a free steam one also. They even started offering steam keys for games on their websites that normally wouldn't redeem on steam.
Steam being the incumbent, given the choice and equal prices it is more convenient for me to buy from Steam.

Steam being the incumbent, given the choice and equal prices it is more convenient for me to buy from Steam.

Sure, I definitely understand that and there's no problem with that. I have hundreds of games on steam so it's not like I hate them or anything, I just prefer amazon lately if given the choice. Even with this sale, I've bought things on steam when amazon didn't match. I just didn't understand the whole opening a browser and stuff when you still have to open the steam program and sign in, just like amazon's website.

Hey guys,

Good news bad news:

Good news:

The Paradox packages are back! Prices should flip soon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZXSK/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - $7.49
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZDZI/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - $12.49
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008G0ZVLE/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - $19.99

Bad news:

As you probably noticed, we're out of Arma II keys...again. I THINK I'm getting more this week (hopefully tomorrow) but I was told that when we put it back up for sale it can't be on promotion.

Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

Baha

Hey guys,

Good news bad news:

Good news:

Bad news:

As you probably noticed, we're out of Arma II keys...again. I THINK I'm getting more this week (hopefully tomorrow) but I was told that when we put it back up for sale it can't be on promotion.

Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

I should have waited on Crusader Kings II, oh well.

Einbroch

Banned
Sure, I definitely understand that and there's no problem with that. I have hundreds of games on steam so it's not like I hate them or anything, I just prefer amazon lately if given the choice. Even with this sale, I've bought things on steam when amazon didn't match. I just didn't understand the whole opening a browser and stuff when you still have to open the steam program and sign in, just like amazon's website.

Because you have to open the Steam client to put in the key from Amazon. And I'm always signed into Steam on my computer, Amazon has me putting in my password every time (not that that's a bad feature or anything, but it is an extra step).

RyanDG

Hey guys,

Good news bad news:

Good news:

Bad news:

Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

Am I reading that second bundle right?

CK2, Magicka Collection, Sword of the Stars Complete, Sword of the Stars 2, and Victoria 2 all for $12.49?

Maybe it is good I was waiting to buy SotS complete if so... Crusader Kings 2 looks amazing.

Edit - Just saw the price switch over. Bought.

Ifrit

Have never had an issue with Steam or Amazon, so I can't comment on such things.

The difference is that steam takes like 3 days to get a response from them via mail, while Amazon cs is pretty much immediate even while not using the chat system to contact them

Am I reading that second bundle right?

CK2, Magicka Collection, Sword of the Stars Complete, Sword of the Stars 2, and Victoria 2 all for $12.49?

Maybe it is good I was waiting to buy SotS complete if so... Crusader Kings 2 looks amazing.

Edit - Just saw the price switch over. Bought.

Yep that is right :).

Cheers,
Tony

Because you have to open the Steam client to put in the key from Amazon. And I'm always signed into Steam on my computer, Amazon has me putting in my password every time (not that that's a bad feature or anything, but it is an extra step).

Huh? You don't HAVE TO put them into steam unless it's steamworks because it uses their DRM, otherwise it's just a bonus if they accept it.

mannerbot

Hey guys,

Good news bad news:

Good news:

Bad news:

Just an FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

How long will the Paradox sales last?

steadfast

Tony, does Kalypso ever participate in these sales with some of their smaller stuff that's not Tropico?

I'm hoping for a Paradox-level deal on something that includes Port Royale 3.

I'm going to feel really dumb if I missed one already, lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
I knew it was a good idea to save the formatted links in case Tony brought back some deals. I'll update the OP soon enough lol.

Tony, does Kalypso ever participate in these sales with some of their smaller stuff that's not Tropico?

I'm hoping for a Paradox-level deal on something that includes Port Royale 3.

I'm going to feel really dumb if I missed one already, lol

Haven't run one yet. You suggest the bundle and I'll pitch it to them.

Cheers,
Tony

BioHazard

On the topic of Kalypso:

Tony do you think you could manage to get Jagged Alliance: Back in Action down 75%? Maybe even get some steam keys (not sure if possible) for Port Royale 3 and do 75% on that one too? You da man

Elginer

How I so badly wish you sold RAGE in digital format Tony. Please bother Bethesda for that and also Hunted. I'd be done to give you my monies more than Steam. Let's just say that me and their client haven't always been on the best of terms and the past two days have been shit-town on their end.

Amazon on the other hand, well you guys have always been solid as hell. Even when last year I purchased a tablet that was DOA for Christmas.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy shit!

I didn't realize who "Tony" was at first, but I know this guy! I've worked with him in the past, and he's an incredibly awesome dude. He even sent me an amazing gift when I got put in the hospital.

Geez, Tony, I didn't realize that was you! Great to hear from you, man. Hope we get to catch up after I recover!

hom3land

Ok Tony... Its Next week, Where's my SRTT?

Besides my impatience, thanks again for the keys and the great sales. Binary Domain was a gem.

Top Bottom