• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Vilifier

Neo Member
Thanks for running the paradox bundles again, bought the pint sized and plentiful bundles. I'll definitely keep an eye on these Amazon bundle packs, really great value.

Elginer

Sorry to bug ya Tony but I got The Walking Dead season pass for 15 and redeemed on Steam but it seems I can only download the first ep. The game menu tells me Ep 2 isnt out yet but isnt it already out on Steam? So confused.

Sorry to bug ya Tony but I got The Walking Dead season pass for 15 and redeemed on Steam but it seems I can only download the first ep. The game menu tells me Ep 2 isnt out yet but isnt it already out on Steam? So confused.

Are you sure? When starting a new game, you are allowed to choose which episode you want to play, it shows you a screen which says "episode 1" and if you press the "right" button or click on the "next episode" button, you can browse through all of them (3, 4 and 5 aren't out yet). The download from Steam was about 1.5 GBs, right?

PaulLFC

Is the Plentiful Paradox pack out of keys, or did the sale end on it?

Haven't run one yet. You suggest the bundle and I'll pitch it to them.

Cheers,
Tony
The one on sale on Steam currently is:

Airline Tycoon 2
Bang Bang Racing
Disciples III - Renaissance
Disciples III - Resurrection
Dungeons
Dungeons - The Dark Lord
Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
Port Royale 3
SkyDrift
Tropico 3
Tropico 4

Personally, owning Tropico 4 already I'd be happy with nice discounts on:

Port Royale 3
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

Jagged Alliance was in the community vote and would have been 75% off if it had won.

thy_

Has Tony said, why the Plethora pack ($19.99) is missing Sword of the Stars 1 and 2 compared to the Plentiful + Pint Sized packs ($19.98)?

I bought the plethora one the last time round and would have liked those two games as well, if I had noticed it. :/

Elginer

Are you sure? When starting a new game, you are allowed to choose which episode you want to play, it shows you a screen which says "episode 1" and if you press the "right" button or click on the "next episode" button, you can browse through all of them (3, 4 and 5 aren't out yet). The download from Steam was about 1.5 GBs, right?

OK, I somehow missed that. Feel really dumb now. Thanks LOL.

Megasoum

Banned
Hahaha Tony strikes again. Steam has Binary Domain and Spec Ops the line on sale right now and they are both more expensive than on Amazon last week...

Tony > Gabe

Hahaha Tony strikes again. Steam has Binary Domain and Spec Ops the line on sale right now and they are both more expensive than on Amazon last week...

Tony > Gabe

Grats Amazon, you have better deals.

Is this true, Tony?

I owe you all lots of responses in this thread, and will be going through them this morning.

That being said, come on guys, Steam had the Double Fine bundle for $2.50 less than us, plus all those indie bundles.

That's totally better than Binary Domain for $14 more (almost 2.5x the price), Sniper Elite for $10 more, and Spec Ops The Line for 17% more...2 weeks later than us...

Cheers,
Tony

Levyne

Banned
Hey Tony,

maybe you are not the right person to ask, but is it possible to use Amazon points (from the rewards card) towards pc digital downloads? The general information given with the card says something general about being able to use it with digital goods but I don't see an option to apply it.

hom3land

Hey Tony,

maybe you are not the right person to ask, but is it possible to use Amazon points (from the rewards card) towards pc digital downloads? The general information given with the card says something general about being able to use it with digital goods but I don't see an option to apply it.

We asked Tony this. He doesn't know and has tried to get into contact with that department and hasn't heard back.

Tobe

binary domain was cheaper on amazon i for a second i though steam would match the price at least. but never again shall i doubt Tony, amazon all the way!

Aselith

Will the Sniper Elite sale still be going on this Friday?

I owe you all lots of responses in this thread, and will be going through them this morning.

That being said, come on guys, Steam had the Double Fine bundle for $2.50 less than us, plus all those indie bundles.

That's totally better than Binary Domain for $14 more (almost 2.5x the price), Sniper Elite for $10 more, and Spec Ops The Line for 17% more...2 weeks later than us...

Cheers,
Tony

Binary Domain was 13ish on a flash deal. You still had a better price of course but still it wasn't that big a difference.

Edit: whoops I guess that's going on right now. You must have posted just before it went upz :p

steadfast

Haven't run one yet. You suggest the bundle and I'll pitch it to them.

Cheers,
Tony

I'd really like to see a Strategy Through the Ages pack

Airline Tycoon 2
Port Royale 3
Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity/Complete
Tropico 3 - Gold
Grand Ages Rome - Gold
Patrician IV

That bundle for like $25-$30 would be the best.

Holy shit!

I didn't realize who "Tony" was at first, but I know this guy! I've worked with him in the past, and he's an incredibly awesome dude. He even sent me an amazing gift when I got put in the hospital.

Geez, Tony, I didn't realize that was you! Great to hear from you, man. Hope we get to catch up after I recover!

Word! Great to hear from you too man. I got your email and have just been mad slammed this week. I'll make sure to drop you a line EoW or this weekend :). I hope you make it out here again too! If you do we'll def have to catch up at the show and I'll make sure we get together for some cool Seattle stuff as well. Not sure if you're a foodie but I am...if you are we'll go here:

http://ethanstowellrestaurants.com/stapleandfancy/

My treat.

How I so badly wish you sold RAGE in digital format Tony. Please bother Bethesda for that and also Hunted. I'd be done to give you my monies more than Steam. Let's just say that me and their client haven't always been on the best of terms and the past two days have been shit-town on their end.

Amazon on the other hand, well you guys have always been solid as hell. Even when last year I purchased a tablet that was DOA for Christmas.

Hope you contacted CS on your DOA Tablet, should have gotten resolved.

Ok Tony... Its Next week, Where's my SRTT?

Besides my impatience, thanks again for the keys and the great sales. Binary Domain was a gem.

Thursday , 7/19, prepare thy wallet. I'll also update the Google doc with more SRTT DLC codes as we move through more units.

HEY TONY,

How are you doing?

I'm good bro...really busy but good.

Hey Tony, is there any way Binary Domain will come back at $9.99? I missed the sale and I want to get it for my friend. :)

I'm going to push for this deal to come back in August alongside a FM 2012 deal as the Deal of the Week.

Any chance of a discount on Football Mananger 2012? I have a bit of Amazon vouchers that I wanted to spend. :)

Tony, Warhammer Space Marine will come back at a good price?

Same thing, going to push for August in another THQ deal of the week.

On the topic of Kalypso:

Tony do you think you could manage to get Jagged Alliance: Back in Action down 75%? Maybe even get some steam keys (not sure if possible) for Port Royale 3 and do 75% on that one too? You da man

Is the Plentiful Paradox pack out of keys, or did the sale end on it?

The one on sale on Steam currently is:

Airline Tycoon 2
Bang Bang Racing
Disciples III - Renaissance
Disciples III - Resurrection
Dungeons
Dungeons - The Dark Lord
Port Royale 3
SkyDrift
Tropico 3
Tropico 4

Personally, owning Tropico 4 already I'd be happy with nice discounts on:

Port Royale 3
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action

Jagged Alliance was in the community vote and would have been 75% off if it had won.

I'll pitch a few bundles to Kalypso today.

Has Tony said, why the Plethora pack ($19.99) is missing Sword of the Stars 1 and 2 compared to the Plentiful + Pint Sized packs ($19.98)?

I bought the plethora one the last time round and would have liked those two games as well, if I had noticed it. :/

Yes, here is the explanation:

We sold thousands of copies of the Plentiful Bundle, then, a month later we created the Plethora Bundle. I announced the Plethora Bundle many purchasers of the Plentiful Bundle expressed sadness. To combat this sadness we created the Pint Sized Bundle as a gap filler between the two. There was much rejoicing.

Now that we've launched the sale I needed to tell the people who learned about the Plentiful bundle through the communities that I work in that the Pint Sized was available so that they too could rejoice.

Unfortunately the two bundles together make it confusing for those who were not present for the rejoicing, and there was much confusion and sadness.

Now that I've explained I hope there can be more rejoicing.

OK, I somehow missed that. Feel really dumb now. Thanks LOL.

Are you sorted?

Will the Sniper Elite sale still be going on this Friday?

Binary Domain was 13ish on a flash deal. You still had a better price of course but still it wasn't that big a difference.

Edit: whoops I guess that's going on right now. You must have posted just before it went upz :p

Yes on Sniper Elite...damn Ninja'ed by the Flash Sale.

FYI I think I addressed everyone's questions...did I miss anything?

Cheers,
Tony

thy_

Yes, here is the explanation:

We sold thousands of copies of the Plentiful Bundle, then, a month later we created the Plethora Bundle. I announced the Plethora Bundle many purchasers of the Plentiful Bundle expressed sadness. To combat this sadness we created the Pint Sized Bundle as a gap filler between the two. There was much rejoicing.

Now that we've launched the sale I needed to tell the people who learned about the Plentiful bundle through the communities that I work in that the Pint Sized was available so that they too could rejoice.

Unfortunately the two bundles together make it confusing for those who were not present for the rejoicing, and there was much confusion and sadness.

Now that I've explained I hope there can be more rejoicing.

So there won't be a gap filler bundle for those who bought the Plethora Bundle even though the Plentiful Bundle combined with the Pint Sized Bundle is actually a better deal?

The Plethora Bundle is an awesome package of games and I considered it a fantastic deal when I bought it. I just don't feel like I'm rejoicing as much as I could be. :)

I understand that a bundle solely consisting of "Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection" and "Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter" for an incredible cheap price will probably not be possible, but perhaps you could ask Paradox for a discount code or something like that, for those who bought the Plethora Bundle.

FYI, still going through specific questions but just got confirmation on the SRTT sale, it starts 7/19 and lasts 24 hours.

Cheers,
Tony
Can't wait for tomorrow.
Looking forward to Bioshock Dual Pack and Binary Domain when they go on sale again.
Have to sift through what is on sale, or was on sale.
Tony, where is the link to the google doc? Searched the OP and nothing.

Hi tony

for Saint Row, will the DLC be on sale too or is it just the base game ?
thanks !

Just the base game. I'll be giving away more Special Ops Vehicle DLC though.

Tony are you guys going to price match Need for speed: Hot pursuit that steam has for $5 currently?

Negative, we just ran it at $5...like a week ago.

Plus we'll have an $8 bundle next week with Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise in it...

Cheers,
Tony

Lol just wait until Sunday. $3 more and you'll get Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box too.

Cheers,
Tony

But I already bought burnout from you guys. :(

Since they're so cheap though, I wish there was some sort of bundle for the recent need for speed games. Like Shift, Shift 2, and hot pursuit. I've seen the older games bundled from various places but never the newer ones and they're all like $20 from what I remember.

But I already bought burnout from you guys. :(

Since they're so cheap though, I wish there was some sort of bundle for the recent need for speed games. Like Shift, Shift 2, and hot pursuit. I've seen the older games bundled from various places but never the newer ones and they're all like $20 from what I remember.

Lol we've done that too! We had all the NFS games (minus The Run) in a bundle for $14.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Top Bottom