• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

That's disappointing to hear, but thanks for the quick response.

I guess it's the same as Steam's recent attempt: 33% off? If yes, that's disappointing indeed.

Exactly. Too many other awesome deals running to push that one hard.

I know that there is a lot of positive sentiment around "Steam has 232489348928389248989 games on sale right now" but I really think that if I'm going to take the time to push something hard in the community it needs to be a good value for the product.

That's not to say we won't run it, I just won't push it hard in the communities.

Cheers,
Tony

I'd kill for a $4.99 NBA 2K12 sale but I've never seen it cheaper than $9.99. I want to try out that Ultimate Base Roster mod but the PC port itself seems to be lazily done. :(

hlhbk

I'd kill for a $4.99 NBA 2K12 sale but I've never seen it cheaper than $9.99. I want to try out that Ultimate Base Roster mod but the PC port itself seems to be lazily done. :(

The PC port by itself is the best version of the game by far. With the mods its 1000 times better than the console. $9.99 is a steal.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Hey Tony, make Arma 2 cheaper than Steam, guaranteed massive sales.

It has been cheaper. $20 vs. $24.

I keep saying this but I'll be shocked if there is a 50% sale anywhere anytime soon. The game has been consistently in the top 5-10 on Steam throughout the sale at a crummy 20% off. The game doesn't need any help.

LiK

I keep saying this but I'll be shocked if there is a 50% sale anywhere anytime soon. The game has been consistently in the top 5-10 on Steam throughout the sale at a crummy 20% off. The game doesn't need any help.

wtf dude. ....lol

why are you arguing against making it cheaper?

Nelo Ice

Banned

Tony had it at $15 few months ago and now I wish I got it then. Was waiting for cheaper but Bohemia has no reason to put it any lower when it's selling like mad.

Mrbob

wtf dude. ....lol

why are you arguing against making it cheaper?

I don't think he is arguing against it more than speaking about the reality of the situation. Arma 2 Combined Ops doesn't need any major discount to sell right now. I'd be shocked if the game came up as a daily special or flash deal. At best we might be lucky to see a $19.99 deal. Why undercut the price too much if the game is selling well?

Geoff9920

Exactly. Too many other awesome deals running to push that one hard.

I know that there is a lot of positive sentiment around "Steam has 232489348928389248989 games on sale right now" but I really think that if I'm going to take the time to push something hard in the community it needs to be a good value for the product.

That's not to say we won't run it, I just won't push it hard in the communities.

Cheers,
Tony
That makes complete sense. If it's anything like the deal listed on the steam community voting the other day I wouldn't purchase it. It'd have to be at least 50% for me to consider it.

RyanDG

Sword of the Stars 2 seems to be much improved after all the hate it got early in its release. That $12 bundle was a great deal from Paradox. Only problem now is that I have too many strategy games to play. Which I guess isn't too bad... ;)

Now I just need a mindless action game.

For real? I remember reading that it was just a lazy port but I'll have to check again.

The online is shitty as hell. The textures and everything pretty much default to low but as long as you're playing offline it's good. I too wish it was $4.99. Especially with the new one around the corner. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
FYI, still going through specific questions but just got confirmation on the SRTT sale, it starts 7/19 and lasts 24 hours.

Cheers,
Tony
24 hours? Consider it bought!

(if I may ask, any chance that you still have a code for the DLC you were giving for free? If not, then no problem, it's my fault for having waited so long :p)

24 hours? Consider it bought!

(if I may ask, any chance that you still have a code for the DLC you were giving for free? If not, then no problem, it's my fault for having waited so long :p)

Ya, I'm going to repost the google doc link with a bunch more DLC codes in it tonight when the deal goes live.

Cheers,
Tony

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ya, I'm going to repost the google doc link with a bunch more DLC codes in it tonight when the deal goes live.

Cheers,
Tony
JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEYZ ALREADY!!!!!!!1

Seriously, I've never known of any other rep like you. You answered every question on this thread (and in a couple more forums too), you managed to get a lot of awesome gaming deals, you went to great lenghts whenever someone had a problem with a game (which you didn't have to, as it wasn't your responsibility), you put up with some creepy morons (remember the tattoo pics guy?), and last but not least, you never lost your temper and good humor. I'll repeat what I said a couple of days before: Amazon should be proud of having you on the team.

btw, can't wait till that sweet sweet SRTT deal is up!

JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEYZ ALREADY!!!!!!!1

Seriously, I've never known of any other rep like you. You answered every question on this thread (and in a couple more forums too), you managed to get a lot of awesome gaming deals, you went to great lenghts whenever someone had a problem with a game (which you didn't have to, as it wasn't your responsibility), you put up with some creepy morons (remember the tattoo pics guy?), and last but not least, you never lost your temper and good humor. I'll repeat what I said a couple of days before: Amazon should be proud of having you on the team.

btw, can't wait till that sweet sweet SRTT deal is up!

Hey thanks :) I'm happy to be here interacting with such passionate gamers!

Anything that's on sale on Amazon right now?

The Paradox packs are back on sale aren't they?

Yep, Paradox Packs are up. Check out www.amazon.com/gamedownloads and check out the deal of the week section :).

How nice of you, Tony! :)

Spec Ops DLC vehicles codes again?

Yep Spec OPS DLC Vehicles again.

Also cross post from the Guild Wars 2 thread for those interested, please tell your friends who are excited for GW2 :).

Just letting you know that we just put Guild Wars 2 up for digital pre order for anyone who hasn't yet picked it up:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MAZ0PU
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MAYXI0

You'll get a pre-order key which gives you access to the beta this weekend, as well as a $5 credit to use towards other video games on Amazon.com...so you could get Saint's Row The Third for $5 at midnight when we start selling it for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony

Tess3ract

Banned
You'll get a pre-order key which gives you access to the beta this weekend, as well as a $5 credit to use towards other video games on Amazon.com...so you could get Saint's Row The Third for $5 at midnight when we start selling it for $9.99.

Cheers,
Tony
You know how for boxed copies you guys don't charge for the game till it ships, does this work the same way?

Especially sice you're not really getting the game, you're getting a preorder key?

You know how for boxed copies you guys don't charge for the game till it ships, does this work the same way?

Especially sice you're not really getting the game, you're getting a preorder key?

Normally this is how our pre-orders work for digital. For this one specifically though we charge when you place the pre-order for 2 reasons:

1. Your beta key for the digital version is actually the key that will activate your full game. So once you have it, you have the full game (once it launches)
2. We're giving out the $5 credit when you place the order, if we weren't taking money with the pre-order we'd have to wait until August to give you the $5 credit, otherwise people would just place the no cost pre-order, get their $5 credit, and then cancel.

Cheers,
Tony

Tess3ract

Banned
Normally this is how our pre-orders work for digital. For this one specifically though we charge when you place the pre-order for 2 reasons:

1. Your beta key for the digital version is actually the key that will activate your full game. So once you have it, you have the full game (once it launches)
2. We're giving out the $5 credit when you place the order, if we weren't taking money with the pre-order we'd have to wait until August to give you the $5 credit, otherwise people would just place the no cost pre-order, get their $5 credit, and then cancel.

Cheers,
Tony
Tartersauce.

Oh well, gonna have to pass then. They've been only doing betas for people who've bought the game, but I want to try the beta before I decide to buy it. Going on faith and videos alone is not enough for a $60 game, especially not an MMO (i know it doesn't have a sub)

KarmaCow

So there wont be any problems choosing a random US billing address with a non-US credit card? What is the point then for the restriction?

Top Bottom