• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

KarmaCow

I know it's early but can anyone in the US help me with SR3? I can paypal the money for it, but I haven't done it before.

EDIT: actually I'll try this later.

And about the below, no I didn't get that email but I also rarely use my Amazon.com account.

Non-US GAF,

any of you got "Your Amazon.com password has been changed" email from Amazon.com (a legit one).

Dear REDACTED

This is an important message from Amazon.com

As a precaution, we've reset your Amazon.com password because you may have been subject to a "phishing" scam.

Here's how phishing works:

A scam artist sends an e-mail, which is designed to look like it came from a reputable company such as a bank, financial institution, or retailer like Amazon.com, but is in fact a forgery. These e-mails direct you to a website that looks remarkably similar to the reputable company's website, where you are asked to provide account information such as your e-mail address and password. Since that web site is actually controlled by the phisher, they get the information you entered.

Go to amazon.com/phish to read more about ways to protect yourself from phishing.

To regain access to your Amazon customer account:

1. Go to Amazon.com and click the "Your Account" link at the top of our website.

2. Click the link that says "Forgot your password?"

3. Follow the instructions to set a new password for your account.

Please choose a new password and do not use the same password you used with us previously.

Thank you for your interest in Amazon.com

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

I checked the message headers and it's legit and I wasn't able to log into my account until I resetted the pasword.

I'm posting this here because I think this is because of those US billing address schemes we did in order to buy digital games from the latest sale. Amazon might have flagged it as a suspicious activity... Anyway, I removed that address from my Amazon account as soon as I bought what I needed.
I had a super-secure password for Amazon, I've been their customer since 2001. and never-ever have I fell for an Amazon, or any other phishing scam.

Thoughts?

Non-US GAF,

any of you got "Your Amazon.com password has been changed" email from Amazon.com (a legit one).

I checked the message headers and it's legit and I wasn't able to log into my account until I resetted the pasword.

I'm posting this here because I think this is because of those US billing address schemes we did in order to buy digital games from the latest sale. Amazon might have flagged it as a suspicious activity... Anyway, I removed that address from my Amazon account as soon as I bought what I needed.
I had a super-secure password for Amazon, I've been their customer since 2001. and never-ever have I fell for an Amazon, or any other phishing scam.

Thoughts?

I'm from the US and also received this email as well

scurker

FYI went ahead and added some more keys for Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles and Mount and Blade Warband too :).

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony! Took #258 for Europa Universalis. I had actually looked at the free games earlier in the week, but didn't see anything. Is this a selection that will be expanding?

LTTP but do Amazon free games require a credit card? I'm trying to link my account and play Battle Space, but don't really want to put a card in if I do not have to.

HoosTrax

Hit quote on the post that Tony mentioned, then take a close look at what gets autogenerated into the text box.

("Quote" does not mean "repost my quoted post and I will personally PM you a key")

Eusis

Man, I'm hoping I can get Europa Universalis, and it seems once again every code I try is used up and won't activate before the Invalid Code error crops up. I seem to have no luck with that game. :/

Ifrit

I get an invalid code for everyone I'm trying, instead of the duplicate code error that appears when said code has been used. Fuuuuu

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I get an invalid code for everyone I'm trying, instead of the duplicate code if it's used. Fuuuuu

Wait a short while before trying again. Steam temporarily stops accepting CD keys altogether when too many dupes have been used in quick succession.

paolo11

I bought the Saints Row 3 for $9.99 using my Iphone because I am at work. If I am going home to download it, does it automatically go to Steam acount as a Steam game?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What you're doing is amazing Tony, thanks!

gdt

Can someone post a link to the spreadsheet? It says I don't have permission to access it. Trying hard to get an EU code lol

Top Bottom