• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Seanbob11

I tried to order Saints Row the third from Amazon just there - I used a US address since I'm from the UK but it said something about download orders taking up to 4 hours to appear. I don't have it in my games list. What should I do? I don't wanna try again and get charged twice but I don't want to miss out either!

Prophane33

Is there any way for me to combine my mount and blade: warband from steam and my amazon napoleonic wars dlc so that steam actually keeps track of my time played?

ImRight

Hey i dont suppose anyone would be able to give me a fake=/=REAL US address n Phone number? i mean i wont have trouble google mapping an address..... but i mean does the phone number have to match? i dont wanna get my CC locked up lol

vidcons

Banned
Hey i dont suppose anyone would be able to give me a fake=/=REAL US address n Phone number? i mean i wont have trouble google mapping an address..... but i mean does the phone number have to match? i dont wanna get my CC locked up lol

The phone number does not have to match.

blowred

Banned

I heard that Beverley Hills 90210 is nice place to live in...

Did I miss a free Mount and Blade Warband code. =(

Yes, I posted several hundred codes for M&B Warband and Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles in a google doc for CAG/Neogaf members to celebrate Amazon's Facebook page hitting 100K.

Unfortunately someone on Reddit got a hold of the link to the google doc and that community jumped into the doc, took all the keys, and left vulgar strewn messages in the doc bragging about it.

I repeat, this is why we can't have nice things.

What does "price flip" mean? Should I go ahead and buy this SRTT or wait, or something?

Lol sorry, "price flip" refers to the price changing from what it was, or "flipping" to the sale price.

Feel free to buynowthanks!

Cheers,
Tony

Anyone know if Crusader Kings II is going to go back on sale for $10? I picked it up on steam but my friend missed the sale.

edit: nevermind the pack is still on sale

Eusis

Geez, I must have gotten lucky with EUIII then with the second batch, though copying the key out and deleting it from the list, hoping it'd work when my lockout expired(it did) helped.

robbed

Neo Member
Unfortunately someone on Reddit got a hold of the link to the google doc and that community jumped into the doc, took all the keys, and left vulgar strewn messages in the doc bragging about it.

I repeat, this is why we can't have nice things.

I didn't see the doc, but that smells more like a #(chan/gag) member planting evidence for "lulz".

btw, thanks for the SRTT sale! got my 2 copies right when it went live!

I'd be buying mad games if Amazon still price matched Steam, why did they stop doing that?

We do on specific stuff. But in cases where we've literally just run the same or a better deal we're not anymore. It doesn't make sense for us to plan promotions but reward customers for waiting to see what happens everywhere else. For example, we had MP3 at 50% off like 2 weeks before Steam, and they still haven't done Spec Ops at 50% off, or Binary Domain at $9.99, or Shogun Fall of the Samurai at $7.49, Sniper Elite at $14.99.

Also, how upset would you have been if we'd have matched SRTT at $12.49 a few days back and then sold it now for $10?

We want your money dude, but not bad enough to create a negative experience for you.

Cheers,
Tony

HoosTrax

That worked out nicely. I bought the DLC for SR3 as a gift to myself on Steam yesterday, bought the base game on Amazon this morning, and grabbed three free Steam keys including the SR3 specops DLC before the Redditors got to it.

ImRight

Just popped my Amazon Cherry with a purchase of Sniper elite V2,

For anyone having trouble Purchasing amazon games from Outside the us you can try this site, which gives you a real us address and phone#

https://www.borderlinx.com

Props to Chairmanchuck for putting me on to that was a big help.

I fear this has opened up a new Black hole of money for me >.<

And a big thanks to Tony. @ amazon
for an awsome game at a Great Price!

We do on specific stuff. But in cases where we've literally just run the same or a better deal we're not anymore. It doesn't make sense for us to plan promotions but reward customers for waiting to see what happens everywhere else. For example, we had MP3 at 50% off like 2 weeks before Steam, and they still haven't done Spec Ops at 50% off, or Binary Domain at $9.99, or Shogun Fall of the Samurai at $7.49, Sniper Elite at $14.99.

Also, how upset would you have been if we'd have matched SRTT at $12.49 a few days back and then sold it now for $10?

We want your money dude, but not bad enough to create a negative experience for you.

Cheers,
Tony

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.

Trancos

Sorry to hear about the google-docgate. I was able to grab UE3 a few hours ago (I really wanted to try this game). Thank you so much Tony!

ps:By the way grabbed Civ5 at $7.5 months ago, what a deal, still enjoying it. Feels good when you check back regular prices.

Prophane33

Is there any way for me to combine my mount and blade: warband from steam and my amazon napoleonic wars dlc so that steam actually keeps track of my time played?

Solved my own problem; just stuck Napoleonic Wars from my Non-Steam Warband Modules folder into the Steam version's Modules folder, viola' works perfectly (so far!). Might have to move it again if there's an update to either the vanilla warband or Napoleonic Wars.

steadfast

How are those talks with Kalypso going?

Just saw that GOG is running a Kalypso sale as well so it would seem like they're down to party.

Are they being responsive?

steadfast

Burning Bundle stalled after I hit the final purchase button; hung on the screen that says this may take a minute

Now it says it may be up to four hours??

Damn.

[edit: whoops, guess I misunderstood what Tony meant when he said it's live now, lol

Digital Item Information:

Burning Hot Bundle [Download], Price: $7.99
Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. Additional taxes may apply. By placing your order, you agree to our Terms of Use.
This item will be available to download on July 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM (US/Pacific)

Burning Bundle stalled after I hit the final purchase button; hung on the screen that says this may take a minute

Now it says it may be up to four hours??

Damn.

[edit: whoops, guess I misunderstood what Tony meant when he said it's live now, lol

You didn't mis understand, our system took a crap.

It should be fixed now *sighs at technology*

Cheers,
Tony

This came up while playing a copy of Family Feud I just got on Steam today. It was literally the second question...
tonyumxsj.jpg
It wasn't a correct answer! This game is rigged, I tells ya!

Top Bottom