• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

steadfast

You didn't mis understand, our system took a crap.

It should be fixed now *sighs at technology*

Cheers,
Tony

Not yet. I'll wait the 4 hours and then contact CS.

Update: well this is irritating
Hello Christopher,

I'm sorry for the delay in completing your order for Burning Hot Bundle.

Yes usually the process takes 4 hours to complete but some orders can take up to 24 hours to process and complete. This delay is the result of extra verification necessary for digital purchases.

Not like I don't have a hojillion other games to play right now, but still...

PaulLFC

Tony, is the Plentiful Paradox Pack going to be back on sale, or is its sale over now it's sold out? The Pint Sized Pack is still on sale, but the Plentiful one is showing as unavailable.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Thanks for all the codes, Tony. I took two from the Google spreadsheet before the redditors got to it. I'm going to check out the free games today.

Quick question: do you think Divine Divinity II is ever going to back on sale? Amazon had it at 5.99 in May, I think.

Thanks for all the codes, Tony. I took two from the Google spreadsheet before the redditors got to it. I'm going to check out the free games today.

Quick question: do you think Divine Divinity II is ever going to back on sale? Amazon had it at 5.99 in May, I think.

I'm working on another Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga deal for August.

Also, EA wants to re-run Kingdoms of Amalur for $24.99, it is live now:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064TYNMW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hot off the press!

Cheers,
Tony

Question for Tony, is there any chance you guys will be selling Arma 2 for the same price as Steam did a few days ago?

I'm working on another Arma 2 sale, but I have nothing to report yet.

Also, I just posted this in CAG:

I don't usually bring up posts from even more than 24 hours back but I feel this merits it.

I wanted to conclusively put this discussion to bed:

I woke up this morning and one of my friends sent me an email with this link and a frowny face:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x0a6b/after_passing_out_1000s_of_steam_keys_on_rgaming/

Just do a CTRL+F for "google" you'll get a link to a google doc that looks remarkably similar to the one that was ruined.

I copy and pasted all of the codes in that one to compare...they are all from the original document that was wiped.

Case closed, but I'm still sad. Very sad.

Note: My purpose in posting this was to clear up any confusion as to whether or not I was "jumping to conclusions" regarding the source of the issue with the original giveaway document.

Cheers,
Tony

eek5

I don't usually bring up posts from even more than 24 hours back but I feel this merits it.

I woke up this morning and one of my friends sent me an email with this link and a frowny face:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...ys_on_rgaming/

Just do a CTRL+F for "google" you'll get a link to a google doc that looks remarkably similar to the one that was ruined.

I copy and pasted all of the codes in that one to compare...they are all from the original document that was wiped.

Note: My purpose in posting this was to clear up any confusion as to whether or not I was "jumping to conclusions" regarding the source of the issue with the original giveaway document.

Cheers,
Tony

Bad copy paste on that link

edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x0a6b/after_passing_out_1000s_of_steam_keys_on_rgaming/ found it
edit2: lmao. So that guy stole all the codes, posted it on 4chan and got banned there then tried to post it on reddit to get karma and they deleted his thread then he made another post crying about it.

Oh and I looked at his steam profile:
resqQ.png

That's his way of thanking Tony for M&B I guess. smh This is why we can't have nice things.

Goon Boon

Banned

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...ys_on_rgaming/

Cheers,
Tony

Man, I even saw that they posted a thread on reddit about how they weren't being thanked and stuff like they were the ones that supplied the games. That's messed up. :/

Karram

Tony, I have bought Bulletstorm last January and I was trying to register it to Origin yesterday but it didn't work, so I contacted EA support and they said they can't help since the code is invalid and that I have to contact the Amazon. So can I send you the code in order to check whether the code is valid or not ?

steadfast

Tony, I have bought Bulletstorm last January and I was trying to register it to Origin yesterday but it didn't work, so I contacted EA support and they said they can't help since the code is invalid and that I have to contact the Amazon. So can I send you the code in order to check whether the code is valid or not ?

Open a ticket through Amazon CS, that's what they're there for. They'll get back to you in hours, not days and they'll make sure you're taken care of.

Good question.

Here's the deal with Bulletstorm. It doesn't activate on Origin normally but you also don't need Origin to play it.

Some people have had luck getting EA CS to activate it on Origin for them but it is not a guaranteed thing.

The key takeaway here is that your key is valid though.

Hope this helps explain.

Cheers,
Tony

scitek

It's a Games for Windows Live key. You're supposed to download the game from Amazon and then, in the game itself, paste the key into the overlay when it asks for it. Then it'll update and you should be able to play.

Even if you download it through Origin, you still have to do the same thing. It's literally just a place to get the game itself from.

blazeuk

Is the DLC for CKII worth getting? I'm going to buy the Plentiful Paradox bundle, wondering whether it's worth adding the pint sized pack to that purchase aswell (seems to be better to buy those 2 rather than the Plethora bundle) .

Sye d'Burns

Is the DLC for CKII worth getting? I'm going to buy the Plentiful Paradox bundle, wondering whether it's worth adding the pint sized pack to that purchase aswell (seems to be better to buy those 2 rather than the Plethora bundle) .

You can do without it easily.

The songs are nice, the character creator is a waste. I do like the mongol faces.

Sword of Islam is worth it if you would like to play muslims but it isn't in the package.

How long is the Plentiful Paradox bundle available? At least till tomorrow?

It's showing currently unavailable to me.

Enco

Just to let you know Tony, your Warband giveaway got me into the franchise and led me to buy the Warband DLC.

Without it I wouldn't have given it a shot. So yea, giveaways are good.

eemijun

Neo Member
Hey Tony, any chance of a Mafia 2 discount soon like the one you had a few months ago. Missed it then and missed steams flash deal for it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x0a6b/after_passing_out_1000s_of_steam_keys_on_rgaming/

Cheers,
Tony

I posted a reply on reddit but I'll post here too.
As someone on NeoGAF already stated there is a chance that 4chan population acquired the keys, and blamed someone else, in this case reddit. 4chan is famous for doing it. Ebaumsworld was one of the first targets, reddit/9gag was last. But since most communities are merged, I assume we can't point out the jerk here. Just try to com e up with a good solution.

Top Bottom