• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighteater

Neo Member
My orders can no longer be cancelled from BBY. Wave 4 non-exlusives secured? Now to get jiggles and maybe silver mario on Friday...

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
Any chance Ness will be in-store at any GameStop on Friday?

bender-laughing.gif

hawk2025

Have everything but Ness coming.

Can't get Ness. Can't figure out how to get Ness.

Wondering if people would trade Robin, Jigglypuff and/or Lucina for him, but at the same time I don't want to part with either.

Boogiepop

So, I still need to secure all three store exclusives on Friday. What do you guys think the best plan/approach for that is? I'm thinking I'll call Gamestop tomorrow and see if I can figure out if they'll have any (and if so roughly how many) Ness, and prioritize that, and then if that works out hope that Toys R Us and/or Target stock can last long enough after the initial rush to have some left when I finish up with GS. And of course trying to keep up online the whole time, which I'm hoping will at least take care of Jiggly if I keep on it and get lucky.

Not looking forward to this, though.

rjinaz

Have everything but Ness coming.

Can't get Ness. Can't figure out how to get Ness.

Wondering if people would trade Robin, Jigglypuff and/or Lucina for him, but at the same time I don't want to part with either.

Yes, they will. These two are going to be pretty rare it shouldn't be too hard to trade honestly. I''ll probably end up doing the same since I doubt yesasia will come through in July.

Sushigod7

Best Buy orders are preparing to ship, I only managed a few before they were sold out but hyped for them!! Hope to find a couple more Friday morning.

Velcro Fly

Got my card reset so I guess Greninja is a go.

Guess I get to go through this again when I have to pay Tenso to ship to me.

hawk2025

Yes, they will. These two are going to be pretty rare it shouldn't be too hard to trade honestly. I''ll probably end up doing the same since I doubt yesasia will come through in July.

But...

But then I have to give one or more of them up :(

I have the same issue. I talked to two TRU reps and they both said they can't change the payment method and the order will be cancelled when they try to process it. I don't get it, other companies let you add new payment methods but oh well. Just waiting for it to be cancelled now.

Yeah, it's really unfortunate. I changed my payment method for my amiibo orders from Best Buy today. I don't know why TRU can't do the same.

Nighteater

Neo Member
Yeah, it's really unfortunate. I changed my payment method for my amiibo orders from Best Buy today. I don't know why TRU can't do the same.
The same could be said about Target. We should all contact them and tell them if they ever wish to compete with amazon they would be smart to implement a way of updating payment information for orders.

Still salty about Target cancelling my two jigglypuffs for the same reason... Was looking forward to playing splatoon and not have to stress about amiibo this friday.

rjinaz

Amazon lets you change after a payment fails too. It's lazy to not let you change.

Amazon is amazing with payments. Cancel at will before it ships. Change payment, shipping speed, billing. Add gift cards to your order any time you have them, and like you said, they'll notify you several times and give you some time if a payment fails before canceling.

Wish others offered these services. Should be standard.

Shauni

Have anyones Gamestop Instore orders shipped yet? :(

Don't think so, not heard of any that has anyway. I did the free shipping option on mine, so I'm not expecting it to ship until the day of, but I don't know about others who chose day-of shipping.

Nighteater

Neo Member
When my Majora's Mask n3DS XL orginal payment method failed during the preparing order process, Best Buy sent me an email with a link to provide new payment information.

Target and TRU are always the last place I go for amiibo. I wish they would do more to keep their customers happy.

BurningHunter

Neo Member
My Splatoon 3-pack from Best Buy is currently on "Preparing Order" while my Lucina from WalMart shipped. If Best Buy doesn't screw me over like they did with my WFT order that never actually appeared, I'll consider Wave 4 a success!

My Splatoon 3-pack from Best Buy is currently on "Preparing Order" while my Lucina from WalMart shipped. If Best Buy doesn't screw me over like they did with my WFT order that never actually appeared, I'll consider Wave 4 a success!

Mine is still on payment validated and my card has a pending charge. You think I should expect it to ship tomorrow?

Edit: Order status says status not available...should I be worried?

G0523

My Best Buy order is "preparing for shipment" and I was already charged for the 5 amiibo I preordered (aka all the non-retailer exclusive ones). It's happening! Now I just have to go to Target at 7:30am on Friday and Toys R Us at 9am and I'll be all good. :)

Ness, unfortunately, will have to wait as my YesAsia order for him won't be shipped until July/August. And the GameStop near me said that they'll only get in 1-2.

prateeko

Seeing all these pre-orders ship makes me regret having a job where I cannot break away on a minutes notice to fight the masses...

:(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Best Buy has charged me for the Splatoon 3-pack. That's on the way now. Oh yeah!
4/12 of this batch. Good thing that July is sparse, giving ample time for catching up.

I saw a picture on Twitter of a Gamestop that's listing their stock for Friday. One single Ness, zero Robin & Lucinas (and Charizard but I feel that will be slightly common), yet they have SEVEN Silver Marios. I'm hoping this is just one Gamestop and not an overall thing.

Ranger747

Neo Member
Dumb question, but is their any chance of getting the Splatoon 3-Pack early Friday morning at a store without having a pre-order?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just saw that disclaimer at the bottom. That's... unsettling.

So anyone think mariotehplumber is going to try to hatebuy all the Lucinas? During his insane ramblings he mentioned her name along with Zero Suit Samus and Palutena.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I saw a picture on Twitter of a Gamestop that's listing their stock for Friday. One single Ness, zero Robin & Lucinas (and Charizard but I feel that will be slightly common), yet they have SEVEN Silver Marios. I'm hoping this is just one Gamestop and not an overall thing.
Might just be that one location. I went in earlier today to check the situation out & they said ONE Robin & Lucina each would arrive, & they weren't even pre-orders. I don't really feel like going to the end of town when they open, but if I don't have luck with my Meijer or Target, I might just have to do that.

Jawmuncher

Went to check my Gamestop order and it just says open. Yeah, with Value shipping I guess it won't ship until Friday. Sucks, but I can wait.

Que the people thinking Wario and Chaizard will be unicorn because of this.

It's Diddy and Sheik all over again.

Wonder if I'm partially fucked. Had two seperate orders from Best Buy, one where I fired on Lucina immediately by herself and one where I paired off Charizard and Pac.

So far only got a ship notification for the latter.

Would have vastly prefered the former. Ruh roh shaggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom