• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My Amazon IT 5B Olimar and Dr. Mario were cancelled as well. Only Bowser Jr. remains, but he'll probably be canned too. IMPORTS AREN'T EVEN SAFE ANYMORE :(

//ARCANUM

HOLY SHIT. Amazon UK just shipped my Ness pre-order. There is a god.

edit - for backstory: I had placed an Amazon UK Ness pre-order, got the email that it was backordered and who knows when i'd get it, and now I just got the shipped email! Says it won't be here until july 3rd lol. I also have a Robin and Lucina pre-order there but those have not shipped.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

image.php

Rocky

Banned
HOLY SHIT. Amazon UK just shipped my Ness pre-order. There is a god.

edit - for backstory: I had placed an Amazon UK Ness pre-order, got the email that it was backordered and who knows when i'd get it, and now I just got the shipped email! Says it won't be here until july 3rd lol. I also have a Robin and Lucina pre-order there but those have not shipped.

When did you place your preorder? I preordered on 4/17 and got that message as well. Hopefully that means mine will ship soon as well.

prmtyme

Neo Member
i use to think imports were save i think there will be more cancelations in wave 5 wave 4 didnt have that many compared to wave and 2

Shadoron

The Chibi-Robo game is showing for $31.99 now. I can't imagine that is the bundle at that price.

I was really hoping that wave 5 would be released at the end of July, so we NA hunters could all get a month off of constant F5ing (and worrying). I was actually enjoying my E3 experience today, free from the shackles of "Amiibo OT, Best OT." By sheer luck I decided to pop in and see what was going on, and lo and behold, Chibi Robo has potentially gone up. I, like many of you, just pre-ordered something unknown.

I'm now sure that wave 5 will release on Sunday July 5th. Cancel all 4th of July celebrations. NoA wants us always pressing F5... (Happy E3, AmiiboGAF!)

bumpkin

Welp, if all things go according to plan, I'll have an import Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf and Palutena on their way to me by next week. Fuck even trying to get US preorders of anything, it's a goddamn crapshoot. Low supply + scalping assholes + people with way more free time than me = sucks all the fun out of "the hunt".

True story, there were crazy people in my town who were lined up at Target for the last release at like midnight -- 8 hours before open -- and the store only got 3 of the rarest ones (Robin and Lucina). Being 15th in line because I have a job and couldn't stay up all night, I was only able to snag a Wario and a Charizard (could've gotten a Jiggly, but I had an import on the way). The fucked up thing is even though the store had a strict 1-per-character-per-customer rule, there was a set of parents with their kid near the front of the line. They walked away with six -- all checked out separately and the cashier didn't even try to argue the rule -- so people farther back in line left empty handed. Pretty messed up.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
My Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf imports came in today from Play-Asia. I think they look great!

Kudos to Play-Asia for the fast shipping and quality packaging. And don't worry, I'll be opening these guys up soon enough.

Velcro Fly

Those look good

If all goes well I should get my Rosalina, Dark Pit, Palutena, and Ganondorf next week sometime.

Also have a JP Ness coming from play asia in a couple weeks too

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I guess I should finally join this group. All I did was buy a Link coz I love the Zelda series. Then I found a Zelda. Then preordered Ganon. Then got fire Mario. Then silver Mario. Then original mario. Then preordered the woolie yoshis and now I have a problem ;__;

Also holding out hope for a gold Mario when they get released here next week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, so how much amiibo news will we get today during Nintendo's Digital Event? Will we hear about the Animal Crossing amiibo that was leaked? That 8-bit Mario one as well? 3rd Party line-up?

Mathi

So... I don't really know how this happened. I didn't own any amiibo two weeks ago, until I bought the Splatoon Special Edition because it was just 10€ more than the regular one. I thought to myself "well, this amiibo thing looks better than I thought it would, maybe I should buy another one? That Meta Knight dude looks pretty cool...". Two weeks later and now there's this:

I have 4 more on the way and preordered the Yarn Yoshis. I think I need help...

I guess I should finally join this group. All I did was buy a Link coz I love the Zelda series. Then I found a Zelda. Then preordered Ganon. Then got fire Mario. Then silver Mario. Then original mario. Then preordered the woolie yoshis and now I have a problem ;__;

Also holding out hope for a gold Mario when they get released here next week.

That's how they got me too! One at a time...

(You should totally get Toon Link)

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
and you dont life well obviously this is the net no grammar is needed or required

Calm down there buddy. It was a joke. If you couldn't tell by my bad grammar, then sorry.

ThisisNeoGaf.gif sometimes grammar is needed to communicate ideas in an objective manner.

Back on topic! ZSS is looking great! Come on amazon.de, don't fail me now!

Anime

Neo Member
Alright, so how much amiibo news will we get today during Nintendo's Digital Event? Will we hear about the Animal Crossing amiibo that was leaked? That 8-bit Mario one as well? 3rd Party line-up?

I believe 8 bit mario announced as a Super Mario 30th anniversary special is very likely.I also believe Wave 5 North American release date is also feasiable.

Thoraxes

My Zero Suit Samus and Ganondorf imports came in today from Play-Asia. I think they look great!

Kudos to Play-Asia for the fast shipping and quality packaging. And don't worry, I'll be opening these guys up soon enough.

I really want these, holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom