• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
et91N2f.png

Accurate.

So to recap, there's going to be:

Animal Crossing amiibos for a Wii U party game
Yarn Yoshi amiibos
8-bit Mario Maker amiibo (only one)

And some skylander/amiibo Donkey Kong stuff.

That was it, right?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So to recap, there's going to be:

Animal Crossing amiibos for a Wii U party game
Yarn Yoshi amiibos
8-bit Mario Maker amiibo (only one)

And some skylander/amiibo Donkey Kong stuff.

That was it, right?

Yeah that's it. Unless I looked away, I didn't even see the Mario one during the Direct >_>

No news on Wave 5 either. Boo.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
No...

w2BLe9X.png

NO...

ZBistac.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TOO MUCH

WAY TOO MUCH

BEST OT OVERLOAD
BEST OT OVERLOAD
BEST OT OVERLOAD
BEST OT OVERLOAD
BEST OT OVERLOAD
BEST OT OVERLOAD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WARNING WARNING

DIVE DIVE

AMIIBOGEDDON EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES

Am_I_Evil

thank god i don't care about Skylanders or Animal Crossing....

edit: though i might get the dog with the guitar because that's awesome lol

Ugh. Too many Animal Crossing amiibo! I might have to draw the line at those... though I do want KK Slider and Tom Nook. And at that point, I just as well get the rest.

Animal Crossing in all honesty I'm expecting to be well stocked. Those two marios, as long as they don't make them retail exclusives, should also be well stocked.

The cards are blind packaged and I really don't think they'll catch on as much as the physical figures but who knows.

Skylanders have traditionally been well stocked, except for the first game. With these guys being exclusive to the starter packs for now, I don't think you'll see them being sold out anywhere soon. They could make them into individual releases, but its unclear how they'd be sold, especially if they'd be compatible with the PS4/3/Xbone/360 versions of the game.

EDIT: Yeah, by the way, exclusive to the starter packs, not being sold on their own for now. So if you want Dong and Bowser, you gotta cough up the $80 for the starter pack.

1883661140126716554747046861652970144137309071782n.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG, there's TWO versions of the 8-Bit Mario?! Might just stick with Classic, but damn the Modern looks nice as well....

Regiruler

Animal Crossing in all honesty I'm expecting to be well stocked. Those two marios, as long as they don't make them retail exclusives, should also be well stocked.

The cards are blind packaged and I really don't think they'll catch on as much as the physical figures but who knows.

Skylanders have traditionally been well stocked, except for the first game. With these guys being exclusive to the starter packs for now, I don't think you'll see them being sold out anywhere soon. They could make them into individual releases, but its unclear how they'd be sold, especially if they'd be compatible with the PS4/3/Xbone/360 versions of the game.

EDIT: Yeah, by the way, exclusive to the starter packs, not being sold on their own for now. So if you want Dong and Bowser, you gotta cough up the $80 for the starter pack.

1883661140126716554747046861652970144137309071782n.jpg

So are they amiibo or are they skylanders?

The figures themselves are ugly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if the "costumes" actually do different things like Link could use his sword in Super Mario Maker.

I do like how Wii Fit Trainer of all people will work. Least Marth made sense considering he was in a Famicom FE game.

So uh, think there'll be a bundle of Super Mario Maker & either one or both of the amiibo? Considering it's Sept. 11th, maybe I'll get lucky and get one or the other for my b-day since that's on 9/21.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo prototyping transformable Arwing amiibo for Star Fox Zero

As to whether Star Fox Zero could be treated to its own amiibo series, Miyamoto revealed that they had been prototyping a transformable Arwing amiibo.

He continued, “We’re creating lots of different types of prototypes of Arwing amiibo, but we’re not sure when it will be ready to be announced for sale.

“I’m sure you’re aware of the amiibo shortage situation, even with the back orders and repeat orders. We kind of have our hands full. Earlier, we talked about how the 3D model of the Arwing will actually transform [into a two-legged Walker] in the game.

“We have an actual model and we’re thinking how much it would actually cost to make when it’s transformable Can we actually do that? We’re thinking about a lot of different things right now.”

oh for crying out loud CAN I FINISH UPDATING BEST OT GEEZ

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god I would gladly buy an Arwing & Landmaster amiibo. I think in Japan, they had little toy versions of them via capsule machines.

What's this Starter Pack BS...

It is the only way to get the Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylander figures.

AND TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE FUCKED

Bowser only comes with the Wii OR 3DS version & Donkey Kong only comes with the Wii U version

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It is the only way to get the Bowser and Donkey Kong Skylander figures.

AND TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE FUCKED

Bowser only comes with the Wii OR 3DS version & Donkey Kong only comes with the Wii U version

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeahhh that was really evil of them to do. I'll get them as singles but even for a hardcore Amiibo collector like myself, I can't justify getting 2 starter packs. I WILL get the Chibi Robo and Animal Crossing bundles though. (I'm one of the few that is actually curiously optimistic of Animal Crossing Festival...)

Gameboy415

Just noticed this headline for the Animal Crossing amiibo cards on the e3 amiibo page:

"Hundreds of character cards to collect and trade with friends."

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom