• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 7 | Now Lucina, now you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wonder why Nintendo didn't take the opportunity to officially brand it "Metal Mario". I know that given the stamp on the box it seems like gold and silver versions will continue to be a thing going forward, but still.

Do you guys think Lucas will also end up being a Gamestop exclusive?

Would not be shocked in the least bit. Seems to be GameStop's niche when it comes to Nintendo products - JRPGs. Target is leaning towards girls, so Palutena will probably be their next exclusive, and I wouldn't be surprised to see TRU snag Mewtwo.

LiK

saw that Amazon email. lol, looks like they wanna curb fast sellouts and anyone who wants to cheat their system with it. hope i get the ones i want.

My friend and I both bought some wave 4 amiibo from Wal Mart. His shipped about a couple days ago, but mine haven't. His Wario, Lucina, and Charizard got shipped out, but neither my Robin or Lucina have. Still in the "processing" status. What worries me is that even though $14 has charged to my account it was credited back in. Mind you this is after the initial pre-authorization when I first placed my order. So, now I'm just going into work tomorrow to pick up anything we get in shipment along with Splatoon. Getting sick of this shit.

Hatchtag

Banned
I still wonder why Nintendo didn't take the opportunity to officially brand it "Metal Mario". I know that given the stamp on the box it seems like gold and silver versions will continue to be a thing going forward, but still.

Would not be shocked in the least bit. Seems to be GameStop's niche when it comes to Nintendo products - JRPGs. Target is leaning towards girls, so Palutena will probably be their next exclusive, and I wouldn't be surprised to see TRU snag Mewtwo.

Yeah, it seems like:
Gamestop: JRPGs
Target: Girls
TRU: Pokemon
Bestbuy: Sakurai creations that everyone bitches about
Walmart: Pointless recolors.

So either Bestbuy or Walmart will get Dark Pit.

Well I feel like I just got kicked in the junk. A worker just came by and said they didn't really have 4 Lucina and Robin, only 2 of those but 4 of the rest. I'm 3rd in line........

Edit: And the front 2 are leaving here to go wait in line at Target.

mariodad

Neo Member
Seriously? You are already in line at target? You make the craze get more hectic. Now everyone will move their ETA to 1:00am. Insane !

LOL its already started:

Culvercity311 ‏@Culvercity311 15s16 seconds ago

CCPD and Target Security just caught a male who was using a knife to steal items at the Target in the Fox Hills Mall.

LOL yeah I have a pretty good idea what he was trying to steal

zulux21

So what are people's plans for trying to get a Jigglypuff on target.com? Refreshing from 2am on?

>.>
let someone else do it and then trade them something for it if I decide I want an amiibo of one of my mains.

I have to work at 8am, I can't be staying up for amiibos @_@

my recommendation though is likely get on the line or in here as someone might post an alternate way to get it rather than the main page. wouldn't be the first time something sold out before it actually went on sale :p

mariodad

Neo Member
Sorry but my time isn't worth 13$. I'll go in the morning but to stay out 6 hours is insane. I'd rather sleep and pay 30$ on eBay.

If anyone is going to the Sacramento Alta Arden Target you should say hi while I sell you your Amiibo. We posted Target quantity policy signs at our registers so we can limit it to 1 amiibo per character (so you could buy 1 of each amiibo if you'd like) so we can get as many people theirs as possible.

Unfortunately we only got 4 lucina and Robin. 24 jiggly, 8 Wario, and don't remember the other numbers.

Take this with a grain of salt, but someone said it might be 8AM PT. I'm stay up a little later than usual tonight just in case it's earlier.

Cool. I really just want a splatoon 3 pack. :)

Also, are weird misprint worth anything? I seem to have a Pikachu with a bowel problem.

YRtRRpui4puioUwtqsdhkyl6Q8FmNQVyZfW-Hi2trF4=w1204-h677-no

A8PRwggAkdFwC82sKsardsLNpRmGsWDO8ejxfPIz1_k=w1204-h677-no

Wanderer5

Lol that "minigame" from Amazon. Can't blame them for doing it through. Still have no interests in any of those amiibos, so no hassle this time....

Meanwhile got the shipment confirmation of Ness from Gamestop this morning. Still won't probably get him till the week after the next, but whatever I can wait.

zulux21

Lol that "minigame" from Amazon. Can't blame them for doing it through. Still have no interests in any of those amiibos, so no hassle this time....

Meanwhile got the shipment confirmation of Ness from Gamestop this morning. Still won't probably get him till the week after the next, but whatever I can wait.

I'm wondering how things go down in an alternate reality where they treat this wave as lightning deals and allow prime members to have a 15 min exclusive window to preorder lol.
how many prime subs would they sell just for amiibos :p

Man, I've been avoiding this amiibo craze as much as I can but I just spent $23 for a Falcon on amazon and I'm seriously tempted to try for Jigglypuff online tomorrow morning because it's so cute... How do you guys do this? lol

At the very least my college town doesn't seem to give a shit about amiibos so I should be able to get ZSS without a problem in September. Maybe haha

Shadoron

Just a quick question while we all wait for Amiibogeddon to start:

Is Marth the only Amiibo to get a reprint in North America so far? I know that Villager got one in Japan, and I believe Lil Mac too. My OCD Amiibo collecting requires me to get all revisions of NA Amiibo... so I must get a reprint Marth. I faintly remember reading that Ike might have got an NA reprint? Or was that just a restock?

I swear I'm losing my mind to Amiibo-madness...

LiK

Is Marth the only Amiibo to get a reprint in North America so far? I know that Villager got one in Japan, and I believe Lil Mac too. My OCD Amiibo collecting requires me to get all versions of NA Amiibo... so I must get a reprint Marth. I faintly remember reading that Ike might have got an NA reprint? Or was that just a restock?

there were also some additional Ikes people found at Gamestop during the Marth return.

RootCause

Is Marth the only Amiibo to get a reprint in North America so far? I know that Villager got one in Japan, and I believe Lil Mac too. My OCD Amiibo collecting requires me to get all versions of NA Amiibo... so I must get a reprint Marth. I faintly remember reading that Ike might have got a NA reprint? Or was that just a restock?

NA got a Marth reprint with face improvements. I got a second batch Ike from gs preorder that wasn't fulfilled , and it looks exactly the same as the og release.

I am up watching Blade Runner for no good reason. I guess I enjoy watching the live Amiibo hunt reporting. I am glad I haven't see any Walmart at midnight success stories because O would go. I am going to swing by Target after my kid gets on the bus. So I wont get there till a little ater 7:00 for an 8:00 opeining. I live in a town 20 mi north of Charleston, SC so it isn't that crazy for the Amiibo. I just need to secure Silver Mario. That may be too late to get him but I guess I can try the Amazon time slot.

I am still sweating my credit card expiration date being updated and the security code. I updated in the store systems but I don't think places like Walmart refresh the orders. I would be sad if I won the battle to pre-order them to end up losing the war of actually getting them. It has been a long long while and I forgot the sting of the Amiibo.

SFenton

Heading to Target at 5:30 in the morning and I am absolutely dreading it. Here's hoping for the best!

This is me, but I'll arrive there at 6:30. Should be good, I'm in a college town where it's let out already, but if it isn't, I'll just go camp a GameStop 'til 10.

Shadoron

NA got a Marth reprint with face improvements. I got a second batch Ike from gs preorder that wasn't fulfilled , and it looks exactly the same as the og release.

This is a long shot, but if you happen to still have the Ike in the box, or if you happened to keep the cardboard backing... could you tell me what the manufacture date on it is? We know because of the Marth changes that it was an actual reprint. I'm trying to figure out if the Ikes that popped up were a new run, or if they were left over from the port strike.

In case you don't know how to read the code, its stamped into the lower right of the cardboard. It'll be formatted xxxWx, e.g. 125w3. The first two digits are the week of manufacture (1 to 52), the third digit is the year (5 for 2015, 4 for 2014, etc), and the w3 is the warehouse it was packaged at.

Briarios

So, I just got back from Walmart -- their entire shipment consisted of 3 Charizard and 4 Pac-Man ... of course, I was 4th in line ;( but I got a Pac-Man for possible trade purposes at least.

This whole thing is frustrating ... it wouldn't be a big deal if I was confident they would come back into stock, but we haven't really seen that.

Went to to two 24 hour Walmart.
One said they had no idea where the box was.
The other said the electronics delivery truck didn't eve come in today.

God dammit.

RootCause

This is a long shot, but if you happen to still have the Ike in the box, or if you happened to keep the cardboard backing... could you tell me what the manufacture date on it is? We know because of the Marth changes that it was an actual reprint. I'm trying to figure out if the Ikes that popped up were a new run, or if they were left over from the port strike.

In case you don't know how to read the code, its stamped into the lower right of the cardboard. It'll be formatted xxxWx, e.g. 125w3. The first two digits are the week of manufacture (1 to 52), the third digit is the year (5 for 2015, 4 for 2014, etc), and the w3 is the warehouse it was packaged at.
No problem
Here's what I got.

Ike that I got on the initial run.
464W2

Ike 2
125W1

It is now 12:30am eastern. Nothing was at Walmart. I am now third in line at Target. Figured I might as well since I was out here.

The game has changed.

RootCause

Welp my Amiibo status repot for wave 4

Shipped:

Wario
Pacman
Charizard
Ness
Jiggly
Splatoon triple pack

Not shipped yet (might get canned)
Robin
Lucina

No preorders
Greninja
Silver Mario

jon_dojah

Banned
Just got an email from TRU...my Greninja's!!:

"Thank you for your online purchase. This is a confirmation and summary of your order, which is currently being processed.

For your convenience, you'll be able to track the status of all your online orders and manage your account by visiting the "My Account" section of our website or by clicking this link:"

2 Robins, 2 Lucinas, 3 Silver Mario and 4 of all the others at my local Meijer.

I was 3rd in line. All hope seemed lost.

The guy that was 1st in line got the Splatoon 3 pack and a Silver Mario!! Nothing else!!!!

20150529_002828_zpschqeogxu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a night....

Seems all successful midnight posts on Reddit and CAG are from Meijer. I dont have that in my area. I am glad I havent seen any walmart hauls to get me out at 1230 ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom